Pacific National Exhibition
Happiness score is 77 out of 100

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Canada179 reviews

Fun summer job

Great place for a first job. Managers are chill and you get good experience in customer service. Everyone is around the same age and it's fun meeting new people

Good for summer job

the coworker is friendly and in general, I enjoy doing the job, the job is not that hard but you need to adapt working in a fast pace environment. The management is ok, but do not have break in between until the the shift is done

Insights into Pacific National Exhibition

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

felt like there was too little training provided

i was hired for the 2021 fair. i expected to receive an email about training days before but i haven’t. anyways, on the first day, my foreman gave me the instructions and demonstrated what to do, but to me felt like very inadequate training.

Fun atmosphere

It's a pretty good job ideal for highshool and college students. Better than working in a supermarket or fast food. Mostly friendly people and fun environment. Some rides are much more fun to operate than others.

Great place to work! Fun environment.

PNE is an excellent place to work, especially if you're a student and looking for something seasonal in the summer. You get a chance to meet great people while having fun doing your job.

Pros

Amusement park entry perks

Cons

Sometimes late hours, during the end of summer, but it is fun nonetheless.

Great workplace to gain work experience

Besides getting skin burned by the sun, this is a great place to gain customer service experience. There was no pressure to do things quickly, managers were very relaxed and helpful.

Friendly and Relaxed Environment

Working at Playland was my first job. Unfortunately, there wasn't necessarily a formal training session, but once you get the overall idea of your role, it's pretty simple. Managers are also friendly and understanding! All in all, a great job for newbies!

Pros

Welcoming environment, Relaxed

Cons

Fewer work hours

Great place to working as a highschooler

Great place to improve customer service skills and also get to know people you are working with. All the management was really nice and the training protocol was useful.

It was an ok place to work but it was about predjudice and nepatism didn't matter what kind of worker you are.

I was there a few yrs. New hires same availability as I got more work than I. I'm pretty sure their work buddies got the work before I did.I can't work in a place like that . You should be valued as a person that shows up and works leaving workplace politics out of the workplace. This never happens there's always people who talk bad about others to make themselves feel better . All and all it wasn't terrible the first Foreman I had was great the second kinda ruined it for me .

Pros

Money was decent if you actually got work

Cons

Workplace predjudice and nepatism.

Easy going, more calls during the busy fair season

The call center was my first position at the pne. Calls are easy and straightforward to handle - You ask which ticket packages they want and how they want their receipt (mail or email). Repeat everyday. If it is slow, you can process online order or process the tickets. You can also do outgoing calls if their online orders had issues, but mostly you will deal with incoming calls. Fun and nice people to work with. A good experience as a call center. If you want the extra fun call center experience, work the labor day weekend, especially near the end dates of the lottery!

Pros

Relaxed environment, good learning experience talking on the phone, nice people, moderately paced

Cons

Water kettle is old and rusty, the building is old

Very little room for creativity. Boring.

This is only good for young people living at home as its part time work and only busy during fair time in the summer. Some field managers are useless as people and only want to let you know that you can be written up for the dumbest things.

Pros

Getting to walk around

Cons

Management, procedures, lying.

Great place to work. Best job I've ever had.

Great culture. Pays well. Inclusive environment. Good management. People really care about each other at PNE. Fun job. Became friends with co-workers.

good for a first job

They treat the employers well, but you need to be flexible. Hours can be long, but you are given 15-minute breaks throughout the day with an hour for lunch or dinner. Make sure you wear sunscreen.

Pros

co-workers were nice

Cons

fast paced

Fun place to work for the summer if you're looking to make friends.

It is a fun experience to earn money and meet new people. They use walkie-talkies to communicate with other employees so it's essential to understand how to use one and what the different codes mean. Hours can be long but you are given 15-minute breaks throughout the day with an hour for lunch or dinner. Make sure you wear sunscreen!!

Great summertime job

Excellent job to have fun, stay busy and keep in shape. Many of the people have been there for many years and have a great attitude in being in a new employees shoes. The pay isn't out of this world but considering how not fun many jobs are it made up for it.

PNE prize home lottery call Center clerk

The management and work culture was very nice and supportive. They train you and help you through the work. The pay was 40 cents over minimum. It was a good short term position for side money.

Pros

Free entrance to the pne, slight discount on some pne food

Cons

Not long term, no parking

fun place

It was a fun place to work at although it can get extremely boring at sometimes. I would recommend working here if you are looking for a seasonal position

I really enjoyed working for the PNE. You make amazing friends and the management is great and friendly! Supervisors treat u like family and make sure you are taken care of.

Pros

Great employees

A great starter job

I had a great time working at the PNE. I was trained well and worked in an often fast-paced environment with friendly co-workers. I learned some good basic skills such as how to use a cash register, how to keep an inventory, and money handling practices. This is a great place to work!

Fair

Love working there getting along with people making friends and learning new experiences every day and training people to their new jobs and using work habits.

Heritage workplace needs some changes

Working for PNE is supposed to be fun. A typical day is usually looking after the helpdesk queue and working on individual assigned projects. There were lots of historic events as well as people working with >100 years old company, trying to make a work change. End users need more security training with latest technologies like email, internet and IT. Hardest part of the job is people politics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement