Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Canada156 reviews
Cooperative workplace with a fast paced environment.
A typical day at work consisted of checking into the staff room, receiving the day's placement and interacting with/assisting park goers with their needs. I learned that clear and effective communication is crucial in the workplace and is required in the service sector. Management was fine to work with, and the workplace culture was cooperative and friendly. the hardest part of the job was definitely trying to understand what a customer needs when they walk up to you and ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around helping people.
Not recommend
Sorry I would not recommend work at the PNE. Anyone who needs job's are looking for full-time and a future to depend on work. I got lucky in 86. In my work it's not possible to move up. It's catered to males.
NIce
wonderful workplace with a lot fun things to do and look forward too, management well great and very helpful and lots of great things to learn.
I looked forward to going to work every day.
Strong work ethic
Fast place environment, need to be able to pick things up quickly, but interacting with other coworkers is the most enjoyable part. The work culture is enjoyable and easy to get along with others.
Pros
Welcoming workplace
Cons
fast place environment
Fun
It was a good first job and I learnt a lot by working here. I was able to meet new people and make new friends. On top of it all it was a fun environment to be in.
The best job I came across.
Working as a bartender at PNE is really fun. Thats really a fun job where you time flies and then comes the time for tip payout which is comparatively higher than most of the restaurants. It's really fun plus you get to make a lot of friends. My experience working as a bartender was real good. Would definitely recommend working over here.
It was very new to me, yet fun
Working at the pne selling nails and doing demonstration to everyone helped me become very unshy to new faces. I called people in to give them a free demo and free manicure.
Watched the site overnight
It was a very easy job I just watched the site I was given overnight from 11 at night till 7:45 am the people were very friendly. The only hard part was staying awake other then that it was a good work experience overall
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pacific National Exhibition?
Fun environment
• Received shipments, unloading and sorting according to product type
• Transport products to proper storage area using pallet jack (manual and automatic)

• Preparing all food & beverage stands on event days ensuring all items are stored and safe for when ready to use (Vancouver Giants/concerts/P.N.E Summer Fair)
Fun and Fast-paced workplace
Working with the PNE is a good starting job, especially for high schoolers. It's easy to get a job and they provide you with enough training to feel like you know what you're doing. I definitely recommend working there, especially if it's your first job.
Fun job
You see a lot of different people at the job. Job difficulty really depends on which ride you get placed on. Some rides like the climbing wall or coaster are basically hard labour jobs whereas other kids rides, you just stand and press a button.
Awesome
Great place to work but there is an extreme variety of co workers. Good working environment and the company opens eyes to future employers. Nothing further to report!
Very enjoyable workplace
A fun, engaging, and enjoyable workplace filled with a great culture from staff. Lots of laughs and smiling as you definitely enjoy your time working here.
Fun place to work
Fun place to work. All the managers and supervisors are easy to get along with and understanding when mistakes happen. Make new friends and happy environment. I loved it here.
Pros
Change the schedule to suite your needs, no questions asked
Cons
None really.
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day working at the PNE was busy but fun. You got to meet new people every day and just talk to them while you worked. It was amazing to see how quickly you bond with people and create those new friendships. Management is great there and they are all so kind, caring and funny. The hardest part of the job was cashing out at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to talk to your fellow employees and get to know them.
loved working here
I had great co-workers and it was always fun I enjoyed my work and would love t o go back next year and every year after it's lots of fun. yes the work was hard but it was also loads of fun.
Great Job
Was a ticket office attendant during the fair. Great place for a short summer job. Supposedly they’ll only hire 15 and older, but they will hire some a little younger (14) if capable and competent. Great discounts and reasonable pay. Great if looking for a short summer job and live nearby.
Pros
Discounts, coworkers
Cons
Only seasonal jobs
Fast-paced but fun
Very fast-paced and requires you to adapt quickly, but never boring. You learn many useful skills along the way and quickly become a necessary part of the team very quickly.
Pros
good wages and hours
Cons
competetive hours
Fun place to work
Was a great place to start. Great working environment
Chaotic but fun place to work
It is chaotic if you are working during The Fair at The PNE, but it is filled with friendly and helpful coworkers. Overall, it is a great place to work if you live close by.
Fun workplace with many new people to meet and help
Everyday I was faced with new responsibilities of helping guests. I was able to make new friends during the quiet hours and practice my patience and focus skills during the busy hours. I loved meeting new guests each day but had difficulty when my other coworkers didn't do their jobs properly. The environment was very friendly and happy to be around. The managers were great and were always there to help me when needed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2