Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Discovery Farm Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
Working at the PNE was a pretty good experience! You learn a lot of new things on a daily basis. If there’s anything you don’t know, it’s easy to ask your superiors for help. They’re super friendly and are happy to help. What you do everyday is similar to volunteering at carnival games for kids, except they’re educational so you should have good memorization.
Pros
New friends, Discounted Food
Cons
Break room inside the barn
Fun place to work
Fair Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2018
Good management and flexible schedules. Hiring process quick and efficient. If you do a good job you will be pretty guaranteed to get an invitation to return the following year.
The workers are great
Customer Service/ Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2018
The workers are absolutely fantastic and management actually cares about you and your safety, however the pay does not quantify the amount of work which is involved in this job.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Poor Pay
Productive and fun
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 August 2018
The Pacific National Exhibition was a really good job that started me out on how society works. Money isn't given out freely and must be earned through time and effort. At times it can get challenging with all the customers lined up but the positivity spread within the company really helps with that and makes me enjoy working with them.
Pros
Supervisors are informative
Cons
Seasonal job
fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2018
I enjoyed working here. working concerts and events like fright nights was the best. fast paced, lots of fun, family environment. The only downside was rude park goers.
Pros
Fun
Great first job!!!
CANDY ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2018
good place to get your first job. everyone is very helpful and can make a lot of friends. most people who work there are around grade 11 to university students so it is very easy to connect with on another
Good for a first time job
Concessions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
My time at the PNE was one filled with fun and long-lasting memories. The environment was overall enjoyable, albeit for the occasional displeased customer. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a lot on the spot; when I first began, it almost felt like I was thrown into something I was not fully prepared for, but I learned to adapt nonetheless. The quality of the ingredients could be improved on.
Fun Place to Work
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2018
Walk around, clean assigned area, help guests, repeat. Could have longer breaks, but overall an easy job. Limited space to store belongings due to a lot of employees.
Fun place to work with great co workers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2018
Fun place to work with great coworkers from all over. Great networking opportunity and great exposure opportunity.

Flexible hours, great perks and friendly environment.
Pacific National Exhibition
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pacific National Exhibition8 March 2018
Everyday I work, I learn something new, working with my co-workers to solve problems was the greatest experience i have taken every year with myself. Growing and learning every step of the way.
Productive and fun place to work
Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2018
This is great place to work in the summer. I personally made lots of friends and worked very hard every day. I would recommend this job for people in highschool or for people that are looking for a summer job.
Fun and inviting workplace
TICKET SELLER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2018
This was my first job experience that was temporary and seasonal but it was a good one. I had lots of fun in my position as I got to interact with different people and gain experience. The hours were given as requested and I never had an issue with management.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Lots of busy/peak hours
Productivity and teamwork abilities on a typical day
Day Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 December 2017
As a day sweeper, every morning I had to wake up around 6:00 AM to catch the bus. Even though, I was tired I was able to enjoy myself through working with different people. In addition, the supervisors were all very nice and taught me so much. I learned how to manage and clean an entire house through cleaning at the Prize Home. I also learned to communicate with guests at the PNE and answer their questions. The hardest part of the job was the lifting and washing as it tired me out very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people because they included me and helped me when something was uncertain or heavy.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Great place for students getting job experience.
PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
It's an easy job that would take only 10 minutes of training to do. All you have to do is direct people to parking spots or to the exits. You also have to answer occasional questions or provide helps to other employees (like moving gates and such). They trained you to use a radio and working outdoor with customers. The supervisors were really funny and nice but you might get different people at different shifts. The lunchroom is chill and relaxing. They had microwave and fridges etc. Other employees are also nice but don't expect a lot of water cooler talks. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult customers and standing for long hours alone. The nicest part is interacting with happy customers at the end of the day and LOTS of alone time. Super easy job if you can stand the occasional rush of cars and keeping track of the radio.
Pros
Easy job. Chill workers and supervisors
Cons
Long hours standing in one place.Can be stressful during rush hours.
Fun place to work at
Candy Runner Foreman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
Fun place to work at. Learned a lot of useful skills such as customer service and food safe. Hardest part of the job is the duties that are required to be completed at the end of the shift.
Fun job but small place.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2017
The job was fun as we got to bake food and sell it to people. The bad thing was that the booth I worked in, which was the Beavertails stand, was very small. Some days there were too many people to fit in it and some day there were barely any people. Also when there were more than 4 people in the booth, the rest woupd not have any jobs to do since there was very little to do in that small of a space.
Pros
Got free food from supervisers for good work.
Cons
Long hours but limited days
A fun, seasonal experience
Front-of-House, Fright Nights (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2017
I worked at the annual "Fright Nights" as a Front-of-House ambassador, involved with crowd control, safety, and helping people feel good about the experience even if they were stuck in a lineup.

There was very attentive and helpful support from supervisory staff.

It's also a great way to get work experience for those who have not had a job before or in recent years.
Pros
The fun of being in a festive environment
Cons
Working on cold, rainy nights outdoors
Very fun job where you get to work with nice friends
Parker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
It’s a great job in genral where the supervisors are nice friendly and very good at explaining what is needed by me.they also give good amounts of breaks
Pros
Free fries
Not bad
EXHIBIT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
Working at the PNE was fine. Made a ton of new friends and gained some great skills such as dealing with the general public but the supervisors sometimes unhelpful and the staff room was not very pleasant.
Good workplace with good management.
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 August 2017
Management and supervisors were understanding and friendly. Hours are low due to scheduling, but does benefit those who have other tasks to do besides work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2