Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

good first job (but don't work in foods)
Cashier at Colossal (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2019
Honestly, it was a good first job, and the pay was really good. But try to avoid working in the foods department. The customers feel very entitled (like every job). Working near the beer garden during the night can get you large tips and can be entertaining at night.
Pros
discounts, pay
Cons
high temps, customers
great people to work with
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2019
Really enjoyed working at Playland in the summer. The people were great and i got promoted to a supervisor position in my 5th year of working there. recommend it for sure (i worked in the rides department)
Independent working environment
Prize Home Ticket Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 January 2019
Very little head office interaction, mostly an independent job. Must be a solid solo worker to ensure you meet expectations. At times the job was a bit stale depending on which location I was posted in.
Access control
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2019
Writer had a great experience working with the staff personnel at the yearly fair.Writer learnt about access control at the point of entry to the exhibition.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Extremely fun and exciting workplace, met very many new friends in a new and fresh environment.
Games Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2019
Was the perfect first job for me a very comfortable space to learn new things, especially dealing with the general public and also challenging me in things I would never think of. Such as becoming a manager a training new hires myself or learning how to organize stock in eyecatching and colourful way. Good actions were constantly applauded to employees who showed hard work and persistence. I think this job made my summer very enjoyable and encouraging to get into the workforce. I will be very excited to be back for next years 2019 playland season to put my best work in.
Pros
Sociable environment
Cons
Long hours during fair
Great experience to start with.
Candy Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 December 2018
Everyone has a turn at doing/learning something within the workplace. Managers/supervisors available when needed for help. Gained valuable skills and money as a summer job. Although workplaces tend to be crowded due to limited space and one or two extra employees from the customer perspective, it made customer service and wait times more efficient.
Pros
Gain skills, meet new people, free lunch
Cons
Crowded workplace, outdated utensils/counters/faucets
Great career
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2018
commission, decommission computers, laptops, phones and AV setup.

Contract work

Good management while I was there.
Fast paced, worked with a sense of urgency and commitment.

Loved the people and environment.
Pros
free shows, food and fun
Cons
short annual contract
Pnep
Ex worker housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
Working at the pne is not for everyone.If you want full time forget it .Co workers some are ok others are lazy.Head of housekeeping doesnt keep the schedule keeps changing.People dont show up for shifts not worth the hassle look else where.
Pros
Fun and exciting work place
Triple O's (Cook) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
I have learned to work in a fast pace zone and be punctual in all ways. i think the most difficult part is staying stocked up when its rushing busy, and we all get along well on the floor.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Decent amount of hours
New Friends, Helpful people, kind.
PNE, Food&Beverage (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC18 September 2018
It was just an in and out sort of job, with breaks, but it was all just consistent standing and selling. break times were a bit of a hassle to adapt to, but we (coworkers), were able to manage.
Pros
Free Lunches
Friendly Environment
Discovery Farm Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
Working at the PNE was a pretty good experience! You learn a lot of new things on a daily basis. If there’s anything you don’t know, it’s easy to ask your superiors for help. They’re super friendly and are happy to help. What you do everyday is similar to volunteering at carnival games for kids, except they’re educational so you should have good memorization.
Pros
New friends, Discounted Food
Cons
Break room inside the barn
Fun place to work
Fair Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2018
Good management and flexible schedules. Hiring process quick and efficient. If you do a good job you will be pretty guaranteed to get an invitation to return the following year.
The workers are great
Customer Service/ Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2018
The workers are absolutely fantastic and management actually cares about you and your safety, however the pay does not quantify the amount of work which is involved in this job.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Poor Pay
Productive and fun
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 August 2018
The Pacific National Exhibition was a really good job that started me out on how society works. Money isn't given out freely and must be earned through time and effort. At times it can get challenging with all the customers lined up but the positivity spread within the company really helps with that and makes me enjoy working with them.
Pros
Supervisors are informative
Cons
Seasonal job
fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2018
I enjoyed working here. working concerts and events like fright nights was the best. fast paced, lots of fun, family environment. The only downside was rude park goers.
Pros
Fun
Great first job!!!
CANDY ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2018
good place to get your first job. everyone is very helpful and can make a lot of friends. most people who work there are around grade 11 to university students so it is very easy to connect with on another
Good for a first time job
Concessions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
My time at the PNE was one filled with fun and long-lasting memories. The environment was overall enjoyable, albeit for the occasional displeased customer. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a lot on the spot; when I first began, it almost felt like I was thrown into something I was not fully prepared for, but I learned to adapt nonetheless. The quality of the ingredients could be improved on.
Fun Place to Work
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2018
Walk around, clean assigned area, help guests, repeat. Could have longer breaks, but overall an easy job. Limited space to store belongings due to a lot of employees.
Fun place to work with great co workers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2018
Fun place to work with great coworkers from all over. Great networking opportunity and great exposure opportunity.

Flexible hours, great perks and friendly environment.
Pacific National Exhibition
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pacific National Exhibition8 March 2018
Everyday I work, I learn something new, working with my co-workers to solve problems was the greatest experience i have taken every year with myself. Growing and learning every step of the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2