Pacific Customs Brokers

Pacific Customs Brokers Pay & benefits reviews

PCB is a very good company where a lot of training is provided and you can build a skill-set which will be extremely useful for a professional customs broker. I like the company culture along with the stable benefits. I switched to customs brokerage after I moved to Canada and I think this company was a good choice for me. Most of the staff are good and willing to help when you have a difficult problem to solve. There are a few negative people, but that's the same at any company I've worked for.
Pros
Good stable environment
Cons
The software is kind of old. It could be more efficient and faster.
Yes, company is growing...but is it actually? They are constantly hiring but are they doing all they can to keep those working satisfied. The execs. have retro mentality where they believe they are undeniably the best in the industry. Simply put, they exist because they have been doing it for a long time and customers don't have a choice in terms of # of vendors in the industry. Best part is, they don't know how to capitalize on the list of customers they have....sad... Mgt has favourites and they are stuck in their own world. The company pride themselves in educating their employees with the brokerage licenses and etc...but the reality is, they have employees completing but no raises in their salaries or the type of work they do. No advancement. Won't recommend this company unless you want to take orders and don't mind the company killing your innovative thoughts & ideas.
Pros
Restaurant benefits
Cons
Old system
Official response from Pacific Customs Brokers
14 March 2019
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you felt your experience was less than positive and can understand it is frustrating to feel you are a lonely voice in a large company. Although not every new idea suggested is adopted, virtually all of our innovations in products and processes are the result of ideas proposed by staff throughout the company. It is unfortunate that your ideas were not among those adopted, but thank you for having taken the time to bring them forward.This industry is rapidly changing and we are proud of the young professionals that have risen through our ranks and are now leading PCB. They are making their mark in customs brokerage and have taken on senior roles in the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers and other professional associations. Advancement opportunities abound and will increase as we continue to grow.Finally, thank you for your time with our team. I wish you the best in your ongoing career, wherever it may take you.
I had never heard of customs brokerage, so I just took a chance and clicked on the job ad because it was near my house. The location is good and I don't have to cross any bridges or tunnels. I also like that they took a chance on hiring someone without office experience. I worked more than ten years in retail and took an MOA course to try to get out of that, but there are almost no jobs in that field. PCB took me on and trained me from scratch. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. Also, kudos to management for having the guts to remove toxic people. I've worked with a lot of really terrible coworkers and managers in my previous jobs. Always complaining and moaning about everything and everyone. PCB understands that those people poison the atmosphere for the rest of us and will let them go. It doesn't happen often but it's always warranted when it does. Retail hangs on to whoever sells a lot, no matter how much of a jerk they are. It's really frustrating.
Pros
Good benefits, supportive management, advancement opportunities
Cons
I wish there was more parking space in the back lot
great workplace, great management, enjoy working for this company .Need to be abe to work 24/7 any day any time as this office is open 24/7. Benefits are really great
review and send reports to staff on issues relating to compliance in the processing and submission of Customs documents. Reply to clients requests for information regarding invoices, documents and classification of importations.
Pros
Great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
Pacific Customs Brokers Ltd. was the best employer I have ever worked for. Management was supportive, encouraged personal and professional growth and supported and encouraged a "team environment". They strived to help each employee be the best they could be and therefore helped create a strong company that prided itself on providing EXCELLENT Customer Service, in a competitive industry. If I had not married my American boyfriend and moved to the US, I would still be happily and gratefully employed there. The environment at PCB Ltd. was conducive to productivity, growth, professional career advancement and education. An excellent, positive work place environment. I truly felt that I was a valuable and valued employee.
Pros
Excellent healthcare benefits, Management who cared and resolved any issues.
Long hours, long commute, nice co-workers, varied shifts because office is open 24/7, gym on-site.