PACIFIC COAST HEAVY TRUCK GROUP Employee Reviews

Excellent employer
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC8 January 2019
If you like to be busy all day this is a very excellence place to work. In my time employed I have learned so much about trucks and engines, about accounting processes for warranty. The management is very easy to work with and try to accommodate the employees. The employees are very easy to work with and very helpful.
Great place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 January 2019
Driving half of time was always fun, I go to meet a lot of new people. I learned how to get around from highways to different roads in different areas. The managers were really nice and always helpful, with different situations.
Pros
You are on your own
Cons
Long Hours/ Road procedures
Chilliwack location has an awesome working environment!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 September 2018
great company to work for, however benefits and wages are the minimum in the industry and the union works closely with the employer to ensure this. Chilliwack location has a very fun and positive culture, staff gets along very well. Amazing facility although poorly equiped..... hopefully equipment will come with time.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
low end wage and benefits for the industry
An energetic work environment that cares about people!
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 August 2018
After my first year with Pacific Coast Heavy Truck Group I am so grateful that I was offered the opportunity to work in the new location with a great group of people. It has been a fabulous experience to work with a company that fosters respect for one another, laughter and values their employees. My experience with the management team has been a positive one as they have proven to be approachable and willing to listen. It was a bit of a learning curve to come into the truck industry however everyone was helpful and provided training videos to help me learn what our goals as a company are. For me, this has been one of my best experiences yet and would recommend it to anyone! It is always a bonus when you realize that you have worked a year and still enjoy arriving at your job!!
Pros
Fantastic co-workers!!
Great place to have a career
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 August 2018
This company is great to work for, good chances to advance in the company, good benefits and a union shop, the people internal with whom you would see everyday are awesome and very friendly, I would always recommend this company for employment
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Management could use some work
Fantastic management
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 August 2018
Whether in Truck sales, parts or the service department, our hands on Owner has went to great lengths to select the best managers. Your boss can greatly impact your job satisfaction, at a place you spend 40hrs a week. Many of our employees have followed these exceptional leaders to PCHTG from their old employers, that says a lot.
Pros
state of the art dealership, yearly draw for fishing trip in Ontario (16 winners this year)
Cons
Unionized (may not be a “con” for everyone)
Good work environment
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC1 August 2018
It has been only a few months since I started my apprenticeship. The training I have received has been awesome. My co workers are always willing to help me learn. The benefits are awesome. Co-workers are easy to get along with. All around a good place to have a job.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Dirty work environment
Fantastic
Administration Department (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC26 July 2018
Within my first week at PCHTG the company made me feel apart of the team and was very welcoming. I have throughly enjoyed my employment at pacific coast, so much so I wish I had found this job years ago. You are given the opportunity to improve and grown with the company which is a characteristic you don’t find everywhere. Thank you PCHTG!
Pros
Great people
Great Company - Great Environment - Fantastic People!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 July 2018
I am a current employee who thoroughly enjoys working for PCHTG! The people, the executive team, the support staff and all employees are the best group of people I have had the privilege of working with. The atmosphere is energetic, positive, and you feel like you are part of a a team, a family. Everyone helps one another and we are all on target to achieve the same objectives and goals. I am always excited to come to work and am able to express my ideas openly and freely. I feel connected and valued as an employee, and love what I do. Very thankful for PCHTG!
Pros
Fun people!
Risky Job
service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 July 2018
They will try to show you empty sophistication . totally misleading . a company surviving on crutches .its a waste of efforts to look career . I would advise to invest time and energy in companies with substance . over all disappointing
Pros
riding on brand volvo mack
Cons
ruthless management. wont give you any chance
Great Team environment , strong leadership, quality training , I look forward to going to work everyday
Journeyman Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 October 2017
Wish I had found an employer like this a long time ago. Fairly new here but cannot find any flaws as of yet. Incredible team all around. Paid training , continuos learning environment 👍💯
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, training, support, leadership, most importantly a high standard of work
Cons
Can’t see any
Great people to work with!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Kells, BC28 August 2017
What an amazing company to work for with such great staff. I have labeled this job as my favorite one. They pay good. Benefits were excellent.

I worked in the service department. My manager was always understanding and flexible and always pointed me in the right direction when I needed help. I found sometimes he was unaware of a situation because certain staff would not bring the complaint to him. How can he address something if he doesn't know about it ? If i had a complaint about a customer, or co worker , my manager usually addressed it fairly quickly.

The lovely lady that trained me ....well I am speechless about. She couldn't have been more helpful. She was very knowledgeable of the system. Very patient and all around quite awesome.

Customers were great. Even if they had a complaint....they were much much better than in the RV Industry. Especially the regulars ... added many smiles to my days and they became more of an aquantance rather than a customer.

Oh I did find a few service advisors needed to smile a bit more and treat the customers how they wanted to be treated, when I first started. By the time I left I noticed what a change in these staff members. Well all but one .... the night shift service guy. Anyways...i found all the other staff to be polite and courteous and respectful.

I enjoyed how certain parts and service people could share a laugh with each other even when it was busy and a bit stressful. The business of the day made it go fast.

They have a new service operations gentleman working there too. I found what he brought to the
  more... company to be very helpful and if everyone sticks to it , a benefit to the service department and to the customers. Service staff were trained on "jay-proing" each vehicle as it came in. This would actually help the foreman make a decision on when it would go in and how serious it was. Customers could know if they had a possibility of going into derate or not.

The owner was present. Gave high fives and acknowledged his employees. I have found in past jobs the owners were not like that nor did they make an effort. That too is what makes this company stands out.

The GM and Sales managers always treated me as an equal and that my opinion mattered.

Shop foremen and techs were always very helpful and informative. Never complained about explaining something to me. Such a great group of guys.

I was sad to leave this job and if I move back to the area or if they open a location by me , I would not hesitate to work for them again. I have referred 3 other past co workers to this company as well.

I have read other people's reviews and believe them to be false or written out of emotion not logic. Take it from me , if you can work in a fast paste environment, stay organized, and keep a smile on your face....this is the job for you.

Now, If you want to do just the minimum and not be a team player and call in sick every week and complain about your life....look else where as that is not fair to the rest if the team.

Apply today .... you won't be sorry :-)
Pros
Excellent co workers !
Fast Paced environment. Great Job
Parts and Services (Former Employee) –  Langley12 May 2015
Worked in parts and services. Fast paced job with lots expected from you. Tremendous amount of support. Learn lots from senior workers.
Pros
Fast Paced. Work around good group of people
Cons
N/a
not fair
Parts Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  surrey,b.c8 September 2013
very unorganized dispatch team your just a number in that company
Pros
good pay
If you need a job..
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2013
Your day starts showing up with nowhere to park, get into your coveralls, clock on.. oh wait, there is also no bay to work in, you would figure out of 25 bays you could find one.. nope.

No parts to repair trucks with, which is the main reason you won't find a bay to work in. Management doesn't seem to care, I am afraid I may have to find a new job before this place digs itself into a hole so deep that it can never get out. That, and a recent cancellation of a great 12 hour shift leaving only the option to work swing shift for the rest of your days there, makes for a great working environment. You will however find yourself working with some great guys on the floor, really great co-workers.

Don't take my word for it, come on down and apply - see for yourself! I get the vision of a jet airliner just about to make an emergency landing in a corn field.. and the landing gear is broken.. right now we are at about 20 feet and descending quickly!
Pros
great co-workers, shop has heat..
Cons
everything else..