Pacific Coast Fruit Products

Working at Pacific Coast Fruit Products: 14 Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Overall it’s a good company to work for.

It can be very stressful at times due to trying to get way to much done in a short period of time generally short handed. To much micro managing. Can be a lot of fun and laughter. Big down side is you can’t get vacation time during the peak season of fresh pack

good benefits but lacks ommuniation and training but company cares about its employees. Good working conditions and a over all good place to work with great benefits

Insights into Pacific Coast Fruit Products

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Not Very Enjoyable

If you are going to work at Pacific Coast you should be ready for constant 10 hours working with you taking a break by asking if the break is available,(Everyone in the building had to take turns taking breaks). You were constantly yelled at over small things. If the berry was poured a bit too fast the supervisors would yell pretty much to tell you to stop and would get someone else to work there embarrassing you twice as much in front of many people. Altogether it is not great, rather work somewhere else.

2 seperate realities between staff

Worked here last summer. Bring on the hard work but the employees yelling at Supervisors was crazy. But the managers are degrading say one thing do another. Over paid clowns fooling head office into their importance. As for head office I do believe their professional and mean the best but inside production facilities are not the same thing. Forklift drivers too dangerous. The so called team work is forced, there's no good will for the most part. I hated the gossip, putting down of supervisors sometimes to their faces, the wanna be tough guy. When I started and was being walked around most never even attempted to shake my hand, long faces and jealousy to protect what ever post they think they have. There are clicks. The recruiter at that time was fare and curtious while being professional but the floor staff put her down constantly. I could not be apart of that and want to perform the way I do and like it so basically quit after a week. Too bad. Pay needs to be allocated more logically based upon hard work not how much you flap your mouth.

Pros

Some staff are genuine.

Cons

Much of staff feel forced to work, lost their way, the bad apples are spreading the decease.

Long shifts. Clean environment. Heavy lifting

I worked here for one summer and had very long shifts, sometimes of 12 hours each day. I learned how to work in a team and find out which ways are more efficient to do certain jobs.

Rude and condescending management

If you don't value your own personal morals and like to be talked down to especially from management, then you've found your dream company. Don't forget about favoritism...

Working life

A typical day at the pacific coast was dumping barriers into the berry machine and doing that for almost 6 to 7 hours and switching jobs so one person would pass the barriers to the dumper and one would dump the barriers.The hardest part was pacific coast carney because we had to work 12 hours a day and by the 10th or 11th hour your body would start to hurt but that taught me handwork. The most enjoyable part of one of the job was being able to work with my friends.

Pros

long lunches

Fun but not enough pay

The labour was very intense and quick, the pay was only at 13.50 and now is at 18$. There is a reason why the pay has increased so much since they have realized the work is super intense and not very good for a young person.

Unorganized and stressful environment

The days and nights were very long and boring too much waiting around involved there was a really harsh language barrier issue where i couldn't explain things to most of the new employees or temps because they simply didn't understand what i was saying

Pros

friendly environment good staff

Cons

pay was low and the days dragged

fun and productive

This job was pretty easy but sometimes got kinda boring to work as a belt inspector. All you really did was take out the contamimated fruit. I learned how they make jam.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Very difficult environment to work in but overall was a good job

Many people spoke different languages Worked many 12 hour shifts without overtime People working there were very friendly Many youth and elderly Was asked to work over 12 hours multiple times

Pros

Many breaks

Cons

difficult to get breaks

Great Work place

Management is great and understanding with the majority of problems that come up in daily lives. A positive growing company

Pacific Coast

Operated a forklift to keep everything in order and developed great teamwork skills there with other employees. Overall it wasn't a bad place to work but I had to stop working due to family reasons.

job security

Great people to work with, they offer average salary with great benefits. Shifts are long.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Coast Fruit Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement