Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc. Management reviews

Clear

Insights into Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

A balance of work ethics with fun for staff and clients

Individual schedules to allow success for each client is providing a safe, calm and happy home environment for clients and staff. With a balance of healthy nutritional meals, daily outdoor activities plus in community socializing provides a balance every client deserves. If you are looking to learn and grow as a worker this is the place for it. With a manager who understands, listens to suggestions, collaborates to allow staff to contribute giving space for workers to grow. Every work place has learning moments for workers but with feeling safe to express concerns allows the house to be a safe work place. All health and safety rules and regulations are followed.I have enjoyed every moment collaborating with staff to provide a safe and successful shift, I will dearly miss management and clients. I am only leaving this well run work place because I am moving out of town.A few things I will miss, walks in the forest, meeting dogs on our walks, beach exploring, dancing to music, swimming, laugh with my client, and most off all watching my client be the best human possible each and every day.

Pros

A safe work space to grow and feel valued

Cons

None for me

Positive upbeat environment, Staff are enthusiastic and empathetic, fantastic management and all the individuals are amazing.

I had the best practicum experience working with the management staff and support staff. They made my time there very comfortable and inclusive. I am grateful for the opportunity to have had this experience. Kudos to all staff. You are all Rock Stars

Pros

Management staff are empathic, listen, open minded, caring and flexible, amazing support team

Clique/gossip/aged out employees

The old, some of us have been here forever and you have to undergo our hazing and silent backstabbing. They sit around and do nothing but text and chat and eat. Talk about the resident right in front of them. No place to grow here. Too many politics and weird Union stuff if you want to move forward.

Cons

Gossip/ seniority/ managers are immature

Productive and a fun workplace to work

Applies creative thinking to imply their vision and mission statement! Super friendly and flexible management team!!!!! Consistent and high-quality work, Continuously strives to improve profits, productivity and performance targets. Shows strong time-management and organizational skills at all times.

Pros

Extensive Training, Great Team Building Exercises on Monthly Basis, Positive and Healthy Work Environment

Great management

I enjoy working for PCCRI. Everyone is vastly knowledgeable and passionate about the work they do. Management listens to staff and is extremely supportive of their ideas. Good place to work at!

Such a great place to work

Though my time was short there it was all very positive. If I hadn’t had to move to the north I would have enjoyed a long career with them.I miss the staff dearly and found the management top notch!

Pros

Management listens

Cons

Pay could be better

Enjoyable Work Place

I really enjoyed my time working with PCCRI (Jersey House). The best thing about my job was getting to know the clients and also being a part of a great team of staff. The work was fairly easy for me - you complete your house tasks, and care for the clients, and get to do while while chatting with coworkers. Though there was some challenges with the clients, the manager did a wonderful job of planning and preparing staff, and was available to support. I felt as though PCCRI was professional workplace. Though the pay didn't match what I am looking for in a career - I do think the pay is probably adequate/reasonable given the industry standard.

Pros

good management, enjoyable clients

Poor Management, bullying environment, clients being lost. Favourite staff come first, and clients come second.

PCCRI was the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management made the environment very toxic. Nothing was personal at PCCRI. Management told staff when someone was let go, and the reasoning. Gossip, and bullying was completely fine, and management frequently started the gossip, and played a big part in bullying as well. Management didn’t involve the union, and didn’t assess the situations, just assumed, and chose sides. If your new to this field, and are looking for a welcoming, and respectful team this isn’t the place for you...At Panorama the manager wouldn’t let us do our hours online, or mileage. It was constantly incorrect, and when you would bring it up they wouldn’t double check their work they would be accusatory towards you, and assume you didn’t hand in the correct information. 2 community inclusion workers lost a client during the day, well they were talking, and it got brought up in a staff meeting in a joking matter, with no repercussions at all. Management wouldn’t look at certain patterns. A staff kept putting in the notes all this nasty stuff that a client was doing, and keep in my this client was the sweetest client ever. Anytime that staff was around the client was having freak outs, and apparently, “broke the staffs phone.” I let the client use my phone every shift to play a game, and my phone never got broken. Management would assume that the client was at fault, and wouldn’t look at the pattern with the behaviour with that one staff. Management gave all our personal numbers to all staff the moment we arrived, and during my time working their, 2 staff -

Pros

Amazing clients, lots of overtime because they can’t keep their staff, and free meals with clients!

Cons

Poor management, bullying, clients treated poorly, passive aggressive management, and workers.

Official response from Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

7 December 2020
For over 33 years, we have been fostering inclusive and welcoming communities and empowering Individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant, person-centered programs that provide opportunities for personal growth, self-determination and inclusive community living.Our priority is to encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained.Please feel free to contact us at hr@pccri.com and we will be happy to follow up with you to address your concerns directly.

Panorama House - best group home I’ve had the pleasure working in!

Working at Panorama House since it opened has been very rewarding career choice. Recently there has been some very positive management changes creating a more process oriented, supportive work environment. The Team is great, friendly and helpful. There is an abundance of support from in-house management in training and education, processes and policy surrounding the individuals served creating a safe and positive environment. I enjoy going to work every day, sincerely I do. I am recognized for my hard work and am very happy with my job.The company itself is one that sends you birthday and Christmas cards in the mail, making you feel cared about and appreciated. Family owned and operated, PCCRIs philosophies on dignity, respect and quality of life for those persons served align with my own on a very personal level. I have found working here to be extremely valuable and worth while.

Pros

Amazing benefits, advancement opportunities, excellent work experience, Flexible, BCGEU union representation, excellent collective agreement, excellent house management, fun, rewarding.

Like walking in to an Unsafe Warzone

Co-staff were UNQUALIFIED, and some were on Drugs. Individual was unfortunately being raked through an inadequately regulated forum, leaving them ultimately destined for Failure. Lack of Structure and Protocol. INEXCUSABLE Ignorance for policies and procedures, and an EXTREME LACK of Educated Managemebt

Pros

The helpless and hurt and confused, yet amazing ill-understood individual

Cons

Everything Else

Official response from Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

23 September 2020
For over 33 years, we have been fostering inclusive and welcoming communities and empowering Individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant, person-centered programs that provide opportunities for personal growth, self-determination and inclusive community living. Our priority is to encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained. Please feel free to contact us at hr@pccri.com and we will be happy to follow up with you to address your concerns directly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2