Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc. Management reviews

Canada42 reviews

Clear

staffenjoyworkingmanagementcompanygreatworkplace

Love the people we support

Used to love the job. PCCR has grown so quickly that management can’t keep up with qualified staff. Union is good in some ways but hard to get rid of people who shouldn’t be in this field.

Pros

Lots of hours available due to staff shortages

Cons

Management stretched too thin and lack of respect for employees

Loving life!

This is the best job ever. I couldnt be happier. Everyone should apply and be happy like me too. Managers are he greatest. Couldnt be happier. YAY YAY

Pros

Good benefits

Insights into Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Top heavy company

Top heavy company. Managers out weigh the staff. Disorganized and not good communication between managers and staff. Staff is constantly feeling under supported in crisis situations.

Unsafe work/rude managers/unfair scheduling

I don't suggest working for this company, the management does not support or help you and will take away your shifts at anytime and give them to people they favour. Doesn't matter how much you help out or OT you cover when short staffed they will screw you over in the end and if you ever question them on shifts taken away, they will ghost you. Save your yourself from the emotional trauma and headache just from management and scheduling and find somewhere else you will be appreciated.

Productive and supportive staff

Very supportive and productive team management, I love going to work everyday. Care staff is passionate, love what they are doing and fun people to be around.

Pros

Work life balance

Supportive Team Environment

I love working for this company. Management is supportive and accessible to front-line support workers at all hours. Needed when the job itself can be challenging and exhausting. The work itself is not for the faint of heart, but I really appreciated the supportive team environment.

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Job is hard- supporting individuals with behaviours

Not a good place to work at all

Please spare yourself the misery of picking up for management this place is an absolute disaster. Poor management all around, even when in crisis, staff were found alone, with no management showing up. all sorts of violations from many areas.

Good

Found management supportive and open to communication. Problems were addressed in reasonable and quick time frame. Quality of life and service of supported persons is important

Great company with great principles to support clients

My only issue was with management. The person who hired me clearly has a huge bias against mental health issues and basically wanted to fire me because I felt too stressed out working at her house. Kind of petty. Great company policies though! They do encourage independence and respect clients rights.

Pros

Great staff, excellent orientation process, great policies, excellent pandemic etiquette

Cons

Understaffed, management

Horrible management that bullies staff and extremely unprofessional

This company is extremely unorganized, they do not care about their staff and treat them as if they're disposable, no recognition or appreciation for staff, wages are supposed to be based on hours but management gives certain staff raises when staff does not meet the hours they are supposed to which is a violation of union rules, they are extremely understaffed and leave staff in UNSAFE conditions with NO supervision and with multiple high-risk individuals at a time. When management is called for support there is always an excuse as to why they can't be there. This is an overall toxic environment and horrible for one's mental health. I quit because it did not align with my values. I would never recommend this place to someone I know.

Pros

dental

Cons

management, unfair wages, toxic environment, unsafe work conditions, bullying by management

Don't work here.

Terrible management. They have no idea what they are doing, and only care that you don't call them. Very short staffed and high turnover. The only saving grace is the individuals, but with the management, they are not being properly supported. I had to quit because it felt unethical.

Pros

Good dental plan.

Positive upbeat environment, Staff are enthusiastic and empathetic, fantastic management and all the individuals are amazing.

I had the best practicum experience working with the management staff and support staff. They made my time there very comfortable and inclusive. I am grateful for the opportunity to have had this experience. Kudos to all staff. You are all Rock Stars

Pros

Management staff are empathic, listen, open minded, caring and flexible, amazing support team

Clique/gossip/aged out employees

The old, some of us have been here forever and you have to undergo our hazing and silent backstabbing. They sit around and do nothing but text and chat and eat. Talk about the resident right in front of them. No place to grow here. Too many politics and weird Union stuff if you want to move forward.

Cons

Gossip/ seniority/ managers are immature

Productive and a fun workplace to work

Applies creative thinking to imply their vision and mission statement! Super friendly and flexible management team!!!!! Consistent and high-quality work, Continuously strives to improve profits, productivity and performance targets. Shows strong time-management and organizational skills at all times.

Pros

Extensive Training, Great Team Building Exercises on Monthly Basis, Positive and Healthy Work Environment

Great management

I enjoy working for PCCRI. Everyone is vastly knowledgeable and passionate about the work they do. Management listens to staff and is extremely supportive of their ideas. Good place to work at!

Such a great place to work

Though my time was short there it was all very positive. If I hadn’t had to move to the north I would have enjoyed a long career with them.I miss the staff dearly and found the management top notch!

Pros

Management listens

Cons

Pay could be better

Enjoyable Work Place

I really enjoyed my time working with PCCRI (Jersey House). The best thing about my job was getting to know the clients and also being a part of a great team of staff. The work was fairly easy for me - you complete your house tasks, and care for the clients, and get to do while while chatting with coworkers. Though there was some challenges with the clients, the manager did a wonderful job of planning and preparing staff, and was available to support. I felt as though PCCRI was professional workplace. Though the pay didn't match what I am looking for in a career - I do think the pay is probably adequate/reasonable given the industry standard.

Pros

good management, enjoyable clients

Poor Management, bullying environment, clients being lost. Favourite staff come first, and clients come second.

PCCRI was the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management made the environment very toxic. Nothing was personal at PCCRI. Management told staff when someone was let go, and the reasoning. Gossip, and bullying was completely fine, and management frequently started the gossip, and played a big part in bullying as well. Management didn’t involve the union, and didn’t assess the situations, just assumed, and chose sides. If your new to this field, and are looking for a welcoming, and respectful team this isn’t the place for you...At Panorama the manager wouldn’t let us do our hours online, or mileage. It was constantly incorrect, and when you would bring it up they wouldn’t double check their work they would be accusatory towards you, and assume you didn’t hand in the correct information. 2 community inclusion workers lost a client during the day, well they were talking, and it got brought up in a staff meeting in a joking matter, with no repercussions at all. Management wouldn’t look at certain patterns. A staff kept putting in the notes all this nasty stuff that a client was doing, and keep in my this client was the sweetest client ever. Anytime that staff was around the client was having freak outs, and apparently, “broke the staffs phone.” I let the client use my phone every shift to play a game, and my phone never got broken. Management would assume that the client was at fault, and wouldn’t look at the pattern with the behaviour with that one staff. Management gave all our personal numbers to all staff the moment we arrived, and during my time working their, 2 staff -

Pros

Amazing clients, lots of overtime because they can’t keep their staff, and free meals with clients!

Cons

Poor management, bullying, clients treated poorly, passive aggressive management, and workers.

Official response from Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

7 December 2020
For over 33 years, we have been fostering inclusive and welcoming communities and empowering Individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant, person-centered programs that provide opportunities for personal growth, self-determination and inclusive community living.Our priority is to encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained.Please feel free to contact us at hr@pccri.com and we will be happy to follow up with you to address your concerns directly.

Panorama House - best group home I’ve had the pleasure working in!

Working at Panorama House since it opened has been very rewarding career choice. Recently there has been some very positive management changes creating a more process oriented, supportive work environment. The Team is great, friendly and helpful. There is an abundance of support from in-house management in training and education, processes and policy surrounding the individuals served creating a safe and positive environment. I enjoy going to work every day, sincerely I do. I am recognized for my hard work and am very happy with my job.The company itself is one that sends you birthday and Christmas cards in the mail, making you feel cared about and appreciated. Family owned and operated, PCCRIs philosophies on dignity, respect and quality of life for those persons served align with my own on a very personal level. I have found working here to be extremely valuable and worth while.

Pros

Amazing benefits, advancement opportunities, excellent work experience, Flexible, BCGEU union representation, excellent collective agreement, excellent house management, fun, rewarding.

Like walking in to an Unsafe Warzone

Co-staff were UNQUALIFIED, and some were on Drugs. Individual was unfortunately being raked through an inadequately regulated forum, leaving them ultimately destined for Failure. Lack of Structure and Protocol. INEXCUSABLE Ignorance for policies and procedures, and an EXTREME LACK of Educated Managemebt

Pros

The helpless and hurt and confused, yet amazing ill-understood individual

Cons

Everything Else

Official response from Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

23 September 2020
For over 33 years, we have been fostering inclusive and welcoming communities and empowering Individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant, person-centered programs that provide opportunities for personal growth, self-determination and inclusive community living. Our priority is to encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained. Please feel free to contact us at hr@pccri.com and we will be happy to follow up with you to address your concerns directly.

A company dedicated to empowering their clients while providing quality care which includes focus on individualized goals and personal care.

Great company , advancement opportunities, fantastic management. Dedicated with improving the overall life of their client. Very focued on family values and community inclusion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement