Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews

staffenjoyworkingmanagementcompanygreatworkplace

Productive job

Caring for and helping the patient in their daily tasks, accompanying them to their medical appointments or some other event, going out with the patient, playing with the patient, feeding the patient

Cons

stressful

Loving life!

This is the best job ever. I couldnt be happier. Everyone should apply and be happy like me too. Managers are he greatest. Couldnt be happier. YAY YAY

Pros

Good benefits

Insights into Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Apply to this Compzny

Once you start working for this company you feel it to be a family who really cares for the supported persons & each other. Great wage, benefits & room for advancement!!! Apply

Top heavy company

Top heavy company. Managers out weigh the staff. Disorganized and not good communication between managers and staff. Staff is constantly feeling under supported in crisis situations.

Unsafe work/rude managers/unfair scheduling

I don't suggest working for this company, the management does not support or help you and will take away your shifts at anytime and give them to people they favour. Doesn't matter how much you help out or OT you cover when short staffed they will screw you over in the end and if you ever question them on shifts taken away, they will ghost you. Save your yourself from the emotional trauma and headache just from management and scheduling and find somewhere else you will be appreciated.

Productive and fun workplace with lots of support

The people who work here truly care about one another and making an impact in people's lives. The company is focused on its team members and has put in more structure to better support the growth.

Productive and supportive staff

Very supportive and productive team management, I love going to work everyday. Care staff is passionate, love what they are doing and fun people to be around.

Pros

Work life balance

Supportive Team Environment

I love working for this company. Management is supportive and accessible to front-line support workers at all hours. Needed when the job itself can be challenging and exhausting. The work itself is not for the faint of heart, but I really appreciated the supportive team environment.

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Job is hard- supporting individuals with behaviours

Love the people we support

Used to love the job. PCCR has grown so quickly that management can’t keep up with qualified staff. Union is good in some ways but hard to get rid of people who shouldn’t be in this field.

Pros

Lots of hours available due to staff shortages

Cons

Management stretched too thin and lack of respect for employees

Productive and fun place to work

The clients are demanding but the manager helps you, listens to you and makes sure that you are safe. I feel respected and I enjoy working there. I get good hourly rate of 21.63 (without and hca certificate)

Pros

Free household food, understanding manager, good and healthy work environment

Cons

No cons

Not a good place to work at all

Please spare yourself the misery of picking up for management this place is an absolute disaster. Poor management all around, even when in crisis, staff were found alone, with no management showing up. all sorts of violations from many areas.

Good

Found management supportive and open to communication. Problems were addressed in reasonable and quick time frame. Quality of life and service of supported persons is important

Great company with great principles to support clients

My only issue was with management. The person who hired me clearly has a huge bias against mental health issues and basically wanted to fire me because I felt too stressed out working at her house. Kind of petty. Great company policies though! They do encourage independence and respect clients rights.

Pros

Great staff, excellent orientation process, great policies, excellent pandemic etiquette

Cons

Understaffed, management

Great company

i have seen some great growth in this company with new managment and homes opining , i have allways been supported in what i need,I feel blessed to work with such a great team.i love working for PPCRI.the Owner's are kind caring and down to earth i love when they come to visit as it shows they care.

great company to work for

I really enjoy my time working for pacific coast community resources, I've only been working for PCCRI for about 6 months but I tell all my friends and family how great of company it is and they should apply. all the higher ups have treated me with respect. I've learned a lot about working with challenging individuals. would highly recommended this company if your looking for a challenge.I would end this off by saying that PCCRI is a very welcoming place to work as long as you have the motivation to work hard and give others the same respect they give you.

enjoyable company to work for

I highly recommend working for Pacific Coast I have been working with this company for over 4 years and they have done nothing but treat me with respect and they work around your schedule as best as they can, and they make your workplace enjoyable. My manager works with me due to that I have a son with lots of medical issue and lets me take days off when I need them or leave early.

Horrible management that bullies staff and extremely unprofessional

This company is extremely unorganized, they do not care about their staff and treat them as if they're disposable, no recognition or appreciation for staff, wages are supposed to be based on hours but management gives certain staff raises when staff does not meet the hours they are supposed to which is a violation of union rules, they are extremely understaffed and leave staff in UNSAFE conditions with NO supervision and with multiple high-risk individuals at a time. When management is called for support there is always an excuse as to why they can't be there. This is an overall toxic environment and horrible for one's mental health. I quit because it did not align with my values. I would never recommend this place to someone I know.

Pros

dental

Cons

management, unfair wages, toxic environment, unsafe work conditions, bullying by management

Another "care" company that doesn't get it.

When a resource is short staffed and struggling to provide the bare minimum of agreed upon service delivery to already supported individuals, it is both irresponsible and harmful to take on more individuals and open more resources. That is exactly what this company has been doing.Real harm frequently occurs at local resources - harms you can't take back and that people carry with them. Medication errors are frequent, highly invasive personal care is administered without consent or proper training, nutritional planning consists of bland meals or processed/fast food. Activity planning becomes non existent because staff don't know how to implement it safely, or can't because there aren't enough staff. Individuals get understandable anger and frustration that isn't properly attended or respected. Untrained staff do not have the tools to respond in a meaningful way and inadvertently damage the trusting relationship. High turnover occurs in an endless cycle mainly due to these conditions. If PCCRI owners could commit to ensuring a resource is stable and properly staffed with qualified candidates before taking on more work, this company could do incredible things. As it stands, the expansion of resources during crisis gives the impression of greed. No one with strong ethics stays long when the resources needed to provide support and safety are knowingly taken away whenever it suits the company. Person-centered care is not possible in this model and it does not reflect the values this company goes through great efforts to convey through their PR messaging.

Don't work here.

Terrible management. They have no idea what they are doing, and only care that you don't call them. Very short staffed and high turnover. The only saving grace is the individuals, but with the management, they are not being properly supported. I had to quit because it felt unethical.

Pros

Good dental plan.

Professional, friendly, able to adapt to changing environmental/social concerns quickly.

I was currently working in this field as a personal contract and accepted this program with open arms. Excellent Supervisor T at the time, was willing to create a diverse program with many road blocks that had to be overcome. Great people (most) to work with at head office and IT team was superior in solving issues. Moved to different areas of program in a spread of 15 plus years leaving the society then rejoining. Had some struggles with multi-funding stakeholders to be on the same page but over time was able to resolve. Lots of education available and team building offered by head office. Great amount of professional contacts that worked in conjunction with specific mental health and harm reduction programs.

Pros

Available team building support, pension opportunities, COL and incentives.

Cons

Provincial funding dollars did not reflect the need, smaller programs had to be creative and this would be alot of self time.

Positive upbeat environment, Staff are enthusiastic and empathetic, fantastic management and all the individuals are amazing.

I had the best practicum experience working with the management staff and support staff. They made my time there very comfortable and inclusive. I am grateful for the opportunity to have had this experience. Kudos to all staff. You are all Rock Stars

Pros

Management staff are empathic, listen, open minded, caring and flexible, amazing support team

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc. with

• Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.