Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc. Employee Reviews

Insights into Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

A balance of work ethics with fun for staff and clients

Individual schedules to allow success for each client is providing a safe, calm and happy home environment for clients and staff. With a balance of healthy nutritional meals, daily outdoor activities plus in community socializing provides a balance every client deserves. If you are looking to learn and grow as a worker this is the place for it. With a manager who understands, listens to suggestions, collaborates to allow staff to contribute giving space for workers to grow. Every work place has learning moments for workers but with feeling safe to express concerns allows the house to be a safe work place. All health and safety rules and regulations are followed.I have enjoyed every moment collaborating with staff to provide a safe and successful shift, I will dearly miss management and clients. I am only leaving this well run work place because I am moving out of town.A few things I will miss, walks in the forest, meeting dogs on our walks, beach exploring, dancing to music, swimming, laugh with my client, and most off all watching my client be the best human possible each and every day.

Pros

A safe work space to grow and feel valued

Cons

None for me

Positive upbeat environment, Staff are enthusiastic and empathetic, fantastic management and all the individuals are amazing.

I had the best practicum experience working with the management staff and support staff. They made my time there very comfortable and inclusive. I am grateful for the opportunity to have had this experience. Kudos to all staff. You are all Rock Stars

Pros

Management staff are empathic, listen, open minded, caring and flexible, amazing support team

Clique/gossip/aged out employees

The old, some of us have been here forever and you have to undergo our hazing and silent backstabbing. They sit around and do nothing but text and chat and eat. Talk about the resident right in front of them. No place to grow here. Too many politics and weird Union stuff if you want to move forward.

Cons

Gossip/ seniority/ managers are immature

Lovely Staff and Management Team

I always enjoy coming into my friendly and supportive work environment where assisting clients in creating their best lives is clearly the teams priority. Staff are highly valued and appreciated and are provided with ongoing educational opportunities and are encouraged to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

Pros

Excellent Team Work, Wonderful Clients, Caring and Supportive Environment

Cons

Productive and a fun workplace to work

Applies creative thinking to imply their vision and mission statement! Super friendly and flexible management team!!!!! Consistent and high-quality work, Continuously strives to improve profits, productivity and performance targets. Shows strong time-management and organizational skills at all times.

Pros

Extensive Training, Great Team Building Exercises on Monthly Basis, Positive and Healthy Work Environment

Great management

I enjoy working for PCCRI. Everyone is vastly knowledgeable and passionate about the work they do. Management listens to staff and is extremely supportive of their ideas. Good place to work at!

Such a great place to work

Though my time was short there it was all very positive. If I hadn’t had to move to the north I would have enjoyed a long career with them.I miss the staff dearly and found the management top notch!

Pros

Management listens

Cons

Pay could be better

Enjoyable Work Place

I really enjoyed my time working with PCCRI (Jersey House). The best thing about my job was getting to know the clients and also being a part of a great team of staff. The work was fairly easy for me - you complete your house tasks, and care for the clients, and get to do while while chatting with coworkers. Though there was some challenges with the clients, the manager did a wonderful job of planning and preparing staff, and was available to support. I felt as though PCCRI was professional workplace. Though the pay didn't match what I am looking for in a career - I do think the pay is probably adequate/reasonable given the industry standard.

Pros

good management, enjoyable clients

Great organization

This is a great company to work for. Friendly work environment. Helpful and caring staff. This company truly cares about their employees and the individuals that are being supported.

Amazing company, good people and healthy environment

The first house I worked in Was not a fit for me but the second was amazing! I enjoyed working there very much. The only reason I left was because I need to help my mother up north.

Wonderful Experience

I am very happy with the company and the care they provide their staff and supported individuals. The work dynamic is inclusive and supportive and I will happily recommend Pacific Coast Community Resources to anyone interested in joining the team!

Poor Management, bullying environment, clients being lost. Favourite staff come first, and clients come second.

PCCRI was the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management made the environment very toxic. Nothing was personal at PCCRI. Management told staff when someone was let go, and the reasoning. Gossip, and bullying was completely fine, and management frequently started the gossip, and played a big part in bullying as well. Management didn’t involve the union, and didn’t assess the situations, just assumed, and chose sides. If your new to this field, and are looking for a welcoming, and respectful team this isn’t the place for you...At Panorama the manager wouldn’t let us do our hours online, or mileage. It was constantly incorrect, and when you would bring it up they wouldn’t double check their work they would be accusatory towards you, and assume you didn’t hand in the correct information. 2 community inclusion workers lost a client during the day, well they were talking, and it got brought up in a staff meeting in a joking matter, with no repercussions at all. Management wouldn’t look at certain patterns. A staff kept putting in the notes all this nasty stuff that a client was doing, and keep in my this client was the sweetest client ever. Anytime that staff was around the client was having freak outs, and apparently, “broke the staffs phone.” I let the client use my phone every shift to play a game, and my phone never got broken. Management would assume that the client was at fault, and wouldn’t look at the pattern with the behaviour with that one staff. Management gave all our personal numbers to all staff the moment we arrived, and during my time working their, 2 staff -

Pros

Amazing clients, lots of overtime because they can’t keep their staff, and free meals with clients!

Cons

Poor management, bullying, clients treated poorly, passive aggressive management, and workers.

7 December 2020
For over 33 years, we have been fostering inclusive and welcoming communities and empowering Individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant, person-centered programs that provide opportunities for personal growth, self-determination and inclusive community living.Our priority is to encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained.Please feel free to contact us at hr@pccri.com and we will be happy to follow up with you to address your concerns directly.

Awesome place to work, with lots of opportunities.

It is great to come into work every day and be able to get out in the community. There is a good amount of autonomy within the day, but I know I can always rely on co-staff and management when I need too. There are also opportunities in the union. Some days are a bit tougher when dealing with individuals' behaviour, and some other days make it all worth it and are immensely rewarding.

Pros

Freedom, fun activities, reliable management, amazing union.

Cons

Can be long hours

Panorama House - best group home I’ve had the pleasure working in!

Working at Panorama House since it opened has been very rewarding career choice. Recently there has been some very positive management changes creating a more process oriented, supportive work environment. The Team is great, friendly and helpful. There is an abundance of support from in-house management in training and education, processes and policy surrounding the individuals served creating a safe and positive environment. I enjoy going to work every day, sincerely I do. I am recognized for my hard work and am very happy with my job.The company itself is one that sends you birthday and Christmas cards in the mail, making you feel cared about and appreciated. Family owned and operated, PCCRIs philosophies on dignity, respect and quality of life for those persons served align with my own on a very personal level. I have found working here to be extremely valuable and worth while.

Pros

Amazing benefits, advancement opportunities, excellent work experience, Flexible, BCGEU union representation, excellent collective agreement, excellent house management, fun, rewarding.

Like walking in to an Unsafe Warzone

Co-staff were UNQUALIFIED, and some were on Drugs. Individual was unfortunately being raked through an inadequately regulated forum, leaving them ultimately destined for Failure. Lack of Structure and Protocol. INEXCUSABLE Ignorance for policies and procedures, and an EXTREME LACK of Educated Managemebt

Pros

The helpless and hurt and confused, yet amazing ill-understood individual

Cons

Everything Else

23 September 2020
For over 33 years, we have been fostering inclusive and welcoming communities and empowering Individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant, person-centered programs that provide opportunities for personal growth, self-determination and inclusive community living. Our priority is to encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained. Please feel free to contact us at hr@pccri.com and we will be happy to follow up with you to address your concerns directly.

Physically dangerous, toxic, dishonest if you value your life and mental health, not a good place.

No regard for worker safety. Client had access to tools, scissors etc. Multiple work safe, clbc violations. Manager never onsite, dishonest ,dangerous

23 September 2020

fun

This is a very nice place to work for, very inclusive atmosphere, learning opportunities, and great staff that is encouraging ! Lots of amazing people to work with !

pacific coast

amazing place to work and i enjoyed myself and i always love the people who work there as well and glad im still on call and will always love working there and i cant wait

Secure place to work

I enjoyed working in the homes and being with the clients and staff overall. The only thing I could say negative about this agency is that they use a paper system for log notes and medication.

Loved working here! Great atmosphere!

Great place to work, loved building relationships with the clients in the group home i worked at as well as building relationships with my coworkers! a typical day at work would be preparing all meals, administering medications, taking clients to outings and appointments, supporting the individuals in the house to have the best quality of life! I cant say there was a hard part of my job, i whole-heartedly loved what i did through out my days. with that said, seeing the clients decline over time was very difficult as relationships had been built.

Pros

the relationships that i built with clients and coworkers!

Cons

understaffed

admin

• Organized United Way Campaign, Staff Functions, Concert and Hockey Events • Approved Purchase Orders for Western Canada • Computer literate in People Soft, Lotus Notes, Word and Excel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

4.1Job security/advancement
  • Pacific Coast Community Resources Inc.