Pacific Blue Cross Employee Reviews

team enviroment
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 May 2018
sorting mail on conveyor belt machine, filing mail into proper slots of cabinet, to go to certain depts. sorting cheques to be mailed to customers.stamping mail. picking mail from bins.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
Professional and Friendly workplace in a beautiful location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2018
It was great working here for the time that I did. Benefits are great, as you would expect. People who work here are even friendlier, very fun environment. Pay is amazing, working M-F, workdays ending at 5pm is also some of the amazing aspects of this position.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with Management. This job also comes with an interesting dynamic as this is a union job, and there was a lockout recently. Sometimes you'll get caught in the middle of conflicting viewpoints with union and management. First contract is Temporary, and they don't offer a lot of Permanent positions.
Pros
Professional, Friendly workplace, Weekends off as well as reasonable hours.
Cons
Management, Dress Code, Temporary Contract
Lots of confusion and changes in the policy and procedure
IT Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 October 2017
Staff is confused about constant changes in management, procedure, and policies. Too many tasks assigned.Minimum onboarding training. Some policies are not clear to the employees.
Pros
Good office location
Cons
Too many tasks
Pays Well
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 September 2017
Worked for a short time in the mailroom. Pay is good here, as expected of such a large company. Colleagues were kind. Not much to say about the company as I cannot judge it for how brief I worked here for.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Unsure
Pacific Blue Cross
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2017
I have worked at PBC for almost 9 months, and for the last 1.5, we have been on strike because of changes proposed by management.
Prior to the strike, I loved working at PBC. The hours, wage and benefits were outstanding. The culture was warm and I found my fellow employees and supervisors knowledgable and approachable.
Leading up to the strike, the environment and culture changed dramatically. Employees were clearly unhappy with changes, including hours, schedules, wages and benefits.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, good hours, benefits
Cons
Pay parking only, job action, divided company
Hired during Rotation Labour Disruptions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 August 2017
The training was all over the place, no consistency then we were thrown onto the phones, rather stressful
I am confused as to why Management would hire a new class of CSRs during the Union rotating Labour Disruptions so now after only a month of training and working combined we were Locked Out by the employer and had to picket in order to receive any sort of compensation
Annoyed that I left a very stable job for a new and promising opportunity, only to be unsure having a job even after the negotiations are settled
Friendly and respect full work place
Dental Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 August 2017
I enjoyed working at Pacific blue cross. Very friendly co workers , great benefit, gave a lot of feedback to employees. loved my job since i was in charge of managing my daily work but still on schedule.
the only issue was me having a temporary position that could end at anytime.
Pros
Gym at work place
Cons
having a temporary position.
Was a good place to work but new management making it unbearable
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 July 2017
I've risen up through the ranks over many years and it has been a good ride. However, new CEO and cohorts have ruined the employees' morale and is taking us in a direction that may not be best.
Pros
Good compensation and job security
Cons
New cut-throat corporate culture with new CEO
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2017
help members with their questions and answer phone calls. advise clients of their benefit limits and review their claims application and status. great benefits.
Pros
great hours and benefits.
Productive and healthy workplace.
Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Other than challenging work and tasks PBC offers many programs and committees employees can choose to join. Recognition is valued in the workplace and handling tasks for other departments is appreciated. The hours are great for family and life balance with good vacation allowance from the start of employment. Managers and co-workers are very supportive and help with work or personal matters when appropriate.
Pros
Health facilities, cafeteria, comittees
Cons
Parking availability for all employees
Pros and cons
Claims (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 November 2016
Overall the work keeps you busy. Depending on what department you work in, a lot of it is time managed. It's unionized so you are protected. There are tons of people that work there that shouldn't have a job there. It's a 50/50 environment. Watch out for lots of office gossip. Lots of people love talking behind your back. The management and HR tend to be fake. They are nice to your face but secretly wish they could fire half the building. Yet since they are unionized, their hands are tied. Expectations are high and productivity seems to be low. Yes the pay and benefits are great, yet majority of the employees are unhappy and find themselves stuck working in their day to day routine. I'm sure the people that do leave company find themselves relieved.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment is unstable
Decent Salary and benefits
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 September 2015
Decent workplace, great work and life balance. Only offer temporary employment, so it can be stressful trying to get a permanent position with the company.
Not an easy clique to break into
Temporary Benefits Examiner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2015
I loved the flexible hours. I did not enjoy the unfriendly environment. I spent 6 months there smiling and saying hi to people who looked right through you. I got out asap.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby British Columbia Canada12 February 2015
The typical work day consisted of helping members understand the health care plans. I also had to assist members with claim submissions and claim review.
Great work/life balance
Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 November 2014
great flexible hours
friendly people
unionized
great work/life balance
Pros
on-site cafeteria
productive work place
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  vancouver18 November 2014
Good place to start and immense knowledge to gain with supportive co-workers
Productive and call centre environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 August 2014
worked in a call centre setting arranging for the introduction of the Pharmacare program
management and employees were easy going and good environment to work in
great place to work
office clerk (Former Employee) –  burnaby bc8 August 2014
great cafeteria, fun staff, great benefits and great working hours.
Pros
nice building
Cons
lots of work
Very Productice!
Dental Administrative Clerk/Incoming Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 May 2014
My current position as a Incoming Mailroom Clerk has several duties. First and foremost is opening all the mail received on that day, it ranges anywhere from 3000-10,000 pieces depending on the seasons and deadlines customers have to give in claim forms. After opening all the mail we then have to prep and sort everything, as in taking out staples and paper clips then getting it ready to be scanned into PBC's system for other departments to view and start their work on. Once it is all prepped it is taken to the scanning department and from there it will go up to whichever department physically handles claims. There are certain weeks where the incoming mail department receives cheques to be mailed out to customers and dentist, this is something we handle as well by folding, stuffing and sealing envelopes to get it ready to be mailed out. There is also a duty which is called "the Priority person," this person is to relieve the "Courier Desk Clerk" whenever they go on break. Priority person talks to anyone who calls the desk and handles anything to be received. They are also responsible for any large bulk mail to be opened and any registered mail.
Pacific Blue Cross
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2014
I processed medical and dental claims for PBC.

It was a fun environment but extremely busy as they clocked our input hourly.

I learned much about medical meds and found it very interesting and informative.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, worked contract though
Cons
Being clocked hourly was stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Blue Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Blue Cross Reviews by Location