Pacific Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for!
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 December 2018
They really stand by their employees' well-being. Everything from attendance policies to benefits is great.
Management shifted after the recent lock out and things are as peaceful as they can be.
Pros
Comp package, clear lines of communication and procedures
Cons
unionized, seneority based, temp positions
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BC18 July 2018
Office job with collaboration and team work. Usually very supportive. Requires knowledge of benefits and insurance field. Most enjoyable is working with other people. Can be tough at times like any other customer service position.
Professional and Friendly workplace in a beautiful location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2018
It was great working here for the time that I did. Benefits are great, as you would expect. People who work here are even friendlier, very fun environment. Pay is amazing, working M-F, workdays ending at 5pm is also some of the amazing aspects of this position.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with Management. This job also comes with an interesting dynamic as this is a union job, and there was a lockout recently. Sometimes you'll get caught in the middle of conflicting viewpoints with union and management. First contract is Temporary, and they don't offer a lot of Permanent positions.
Pros
Professional, Friendly workplace, Weekends off as well as reasonable hours.
Cons
Management, Dress Code, Temporary Contract
Pacific Blue Cross
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2017
I have worked at PBC for almost 9 months, and for the last 1.5, we have been on strike because of changes proposed by management.
Prior to the strike, I loved working at PBC. The hours, wage and benefits were outstanding. The culture was warm and I found my fellow employees and supervisors knowledgable and approachable.
Leading up to the strike, the environment and culture changed dramatically. Employees were clearly unhappy with changes, including hours, schedules, wages and benefits.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, good hours, benefits
Cons
Pay parking only, job action, divided company
Hired during Rotation Labour Disruptions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 August 2017
The training was all over the place, no consistency then we were thrown onto the phones, rather stressful
I am confused as to why Management would hire a new class of CSRs during the Union rotating Labour Disruptions so now after only a month of training and working combined we were Locked Out by the employer and had to picket in order to receive any sort of compensation
Annoyed that I left a very stable job for a new and promising opportunity, only to be unsure having a job even after the negotiations are settled
Not a very well run company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 October 2018
It could have been my timing of employment, however this company is not even 'run.' Changes happen on a daily, and there is no conguency. There are some amazingly talented employees, however they are not given the right opportunities to excel.
Pros and cons
Claims (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 November 2016
Overall the work keeps you busy. Depending on what department you work in, a lot of it is time managed. It's unionized so you are protected. There are tons of people that work there that shouldn't have a job there. It's a 50/50 environment. Watch out for lots of office gossip. Lots of people love talking behind your back. The management and HR tend to be fake. They are nice to your face but secretly wish they could fire half the building. Yet since they are unionized, their hands are tied. Expectations are high and productivity seems to be low. Yes the pay and benefits are great, yet majority of the employees are unhappy and find themselves stuck working in their day to day routine. I'm sure the people that do leave company find themselves relieved.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment is unstable
Was a good place to work but new management making it unbearable
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 July 2017
I've risen up through the ranks over many years and it has been a good ride. However, new CEO and cohorts have ruined the employees' morale and is taking us in a direction that may not be best.
Pros
Good compensation and job security
Cons
New cut-throat corporate culture with new CEO
Supportive work environment
Customer Service Representative IP (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 April 2018
Good team environment. Nice people. Always lots to learn and we are proud union members who have achieved high solidarity over the past year. Been here for over 5 years.
Pros
Good work life balance. No Saturdays and/or Sundays
Pacific Blue Cross
CSR, QA Administrator & Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 December 2013
• Handle 75 to 100 incoming calls per day from health-care providers, members (insured subscribers), administrators and government agencies regarding Dental and/or Extended Health Care plans and claims.
• Act as a Pacific Blue Cross ambassador
• Listen to customers and analyze their needs in a courteous and professional manner
• Offer solutions that are adapted to caller needs
• Handle and overcome guest concerns
• Data entry
• Maintain Quality Assurance by reviewing group benefit plan packages
• Processing a variety of group plan benefits
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2017
help members with their questions and answer phone calls. advise clients of their benefit limits and review their claims application and status. great benefits.
Pros
great hours and benefits.
team enviroment
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 May 2018
sorting mail on conveyor belt machine, filing mail into proper slots of cabinet, to go to certain depts. sorting cheques to be mailed to customers.stamping mail. picking mail from bins.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
Productive and rewarding team environment
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2012
Handling all manner of important and urgent incidents in a team atmosphere with learned skills and confidence.
Pros
enjoyable working environment with excellent benefits
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2014
I processed medical and dental claims for PBC.

It was a fun environment but extremely busy as they clocked our input hourly.

I learned much about medical meds and found it very interesting and informative.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, worked contract though
Cons
Being clocked hourly was stressful
great place to work
office clerk (Former Employee) –  burnaby bc8 August 2014
great cafeteria, fun staff, great benefits and great working hours.
Pros
nice building
Cons
lots of work
Lots of confusion and changes in the policy and procedure
IT Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 October 2017
Staff is confused about constant changes in management, procedure, and policies. Too many tasks assigned.Minimum onboarding training. Some policies are not clear to the employees.
Pros
Good office location
Cons
Too many tasks
Pays Well
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 September 2017
Worked for a short time in the mailroom. Pay is good here, as expected of such a large company. Colleagues were kind. Not much to say about the company as I cannot judge it for how brief I worked here for.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Unsure
Friendly and respect full work place
Dental Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 August 2017
I enjoyed working at Pacific blue cross. Very friendly co workers , great benefit, gave a lot of feedback to employees. loved my job since i was in charge of managing my daily work but still on schedule.
the only issue was me having a temporary position that could end at anytime.
Pros
Gym at work place
Cons
having a temporary position.
Productive and healthy workplace.
Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2016
Other than challenging work and tasks PBC offers many programs and committees employees can choose to join. Recognition is valued in the workplace and handling tasks for other departments is appreciated. The hours are great for family and life balance with good vacation allowance from the start of employment. Managers and co-workers are very supportive and help with work or personal matters when appropriate.
Pros
Health facilities, cafeteria, comittees
Cons
Parking availability for all employees
Very Productice!
Dental Administrative Clerk/Incoming Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 May 2014
My current position as a Incoming Mailroom Clerk has several duties. First and foremost is opening all the mail received on that day, it ranges anywhere from 3000-10,000 pieces depending on the seasons and deadlines customers have to give in claim forms. After opening all the mail we then have to prep and sort everything, as in taking out staples and paper clips then getting it ready to be scanned into PBC's system for other departments to view and start their work on. Once it is all prepped it is taken to the scanning department and from there it will go up to whichever department physically handles claims. There are certain weeks where the incoming mail department receives cheques to be mailed out to customers and dentist, this is something we handle as well by folding, stuffing and sealing envelopes to get it ready to be mailed out. There is also a duty which is called "the Priority person," this person is to relieve the "Courier Desk Clerk" whenever they go on break. Priority person talks to anyone who calls the desk and handles anything to be received. They are also responsible for any large bulk mail to be opened and any registered mail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Blue Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Blue Cross Reviews by Location