pt Health

pt Health Employee Reviews for Physiotherapist

Physiotherapist12 reviews
Canada12 reviews

- Lots of opportunities to develop your skills and position. - Supportive policies for employee - Friendly environment/ nice staff - Flexible hours - The company cares about feedback to improve clients and staff satisfaction.

Focused on bottom line, not patient care or employees.

Found company to be primarily focused on revenue generation as their head office is expensive to operate. Profits are funneled to head office rather than put back into clinics. Focus is on patient quantity rather than care quality. Products like TENS machines and orthotics are built into revenue generating schemes to help build profits even if patients don't really require them. Incentives for selling these products are, again, built into the system. Employee burnout is huge issue, with increased working hours on short weeks and around holidays. Again, focus is on getting people in the door, not on employee health and well being.

Insights into pt Health

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Great Place to work, especially for new grads with lots of mentorship and continuing education funds available

pt Health is a great company to be apart of. They value team work, communication, constructive feedback and aim to provide the highest quality of care to all patients. pt Health is a company that wants to help their employees grow and self improve. This is especially important for new grads as their is always mentorship opportunities and continuing education funds available.

Pros

benefits, continuing education funds

3 December 2018
We are a Certified Great Place to Work now and we are proud of our teams for helping us to achieve this certification. We absolutely value team work and communications from all levels of the company. Thank you!

Great place to work - benefits, competitive pay, good hours

I have worked for pt Health as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have seen some great changes over the last couple of years. They have made a consistent effort to upgrade their clinics, offer higher pay and engage their employees. There are benefits to full time employees, bonus opportunites at most positions and perks/discounts. I have been fortunate enough to move around the province and work at 3 different locations. Each location is different in how the clinic runs and operates. The staff at each clinic makes it. I love going to work everyday and have referred a number of friends to the company.

Pros

Paid lunches, good workplace culture, company perks, benefits, opportunity for bonus and advancement

Cons

Busy work environment

3 December 2018
Thanks for your comment! We are always striving to improve our clinics and engage with our employees for a positive experience.

Company aiming to be the best in healthcare

pt Health is focused on improving patient outcomes and that message is felt from management and practitioners alike. As a physiotherapist I feel very supported and empowered to deliver high quality of care knowing all the booking and billing is taken care of and I dont have to worry about it. I enjoy being able to use other practitioners in the company as resources and mentors which has helped my transition as a new grad.

3 December 2018
Thank you for your comment. Our goal is always to provide excellent patient care and empower our teams to support their return to health.

Great company with lots of opportunity for growth!

I had the opportunity to work in multiple clinics across the GTA and every team I worked for was very welcoming! The environment is very positive and vibrant. A very diverse team in some clinics which only adds to the patient care and experience

Pros

benefits, continuing education, mentorship, network, flexible hours

Cons

benefit plan could be more extensive but it is good to have benefits regardless

3 December 2018
Thank you for your review! We are always working on improving benefits and creating a positive environment for our teams.

Great place to work and learn

I have worked with the company as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have had nothing but positive experiences. pt Health has built a supportive network to help you along the way. They offer competitive pay, discounts on home/car insurance, cell phone, Mark's and health care benefits. There are options for group RRSP and you are paid hourly/salary so you always know your income. They also encourage you to take additional course by offering education allowances each year. Another perk is you get to work with an interdisciplinary team and they have opportunities across the country.

Great workplace with great culture

Pt Health is a great workplace with great company culture. I have gained valuable experience as a physiotherapist as well as the managerial aspects of day-to-day operations of a physiotherapy clinic. There is an ongoing commitment to continuing education with courses put on throughout the company (i.e. vertigo, TMJ, pelvic floor) as well as a great network of physiotherapists, massage therapists, chiropractors and naturopathic doctors to learn from. The company has been very transparent with quarterly town halls and yearly performance reviews provide great feedback for areas of improvement as well as the years successes.

Great place to work with excellent opportunites to grow and develop

Have been working for this company since I graduated! Have had a wonderful experience both professionally and personally. Great environment to work in with caring and compassionate tea members/managers. Have been recommending that my friends and family work with pt Health for years!!

Pros

Work Environment

Cons

Extended opportunities for growth

Pleased with time at pt Health

pt Health has been very supportive of work place professional development. Do not know where I would be without pt Health!! :)

Great place

Lots of room for advancement, great pay and support. I loved all of my residents. Did exercise class, as well as 1:1 attention.

Great culture/positive work place environment

I had a great experience and hated to leave! Flexible work hours Lots of opportunity for mentorship/personal growth, provided education funding to advance my skills Really positive work environment- I felt very lucky to work with a group of coworkers that I really got along with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pt Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement