pt Health

pt Health Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Hamilton, ON21 reviews

Good part time job

This company has flexible working hours, great team environment and management that does not favorize any employee. Everyone is very nice to one another and moral is good.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

pay is low

It has changed so much over the years

When initially founded it was a great, fun and encouraging work environment. Over the years the drive became more about numbers and bringing in patients, than actually treating them.

Pros

Advancement opportunities are common

Cons

Salary, management, work environment

11 February 2020
We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality, our priority is always treating our people and patients well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to care for our patients. We are proud of the rating that our patients have given us (averaging over 94% weekly) but are always looking for ways to improve. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.

Insights into pt Health

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Dont fall for the positive reviews

I would never ever recommend anyone working here unless you like being underappreciated, overwhelmed and underpaid. Good luck trying to change the morale since no one bothers to listen to the concerns of anyone below them until its too late.

see below

-needed management to be present at the last clinic I was working at -workplace culture affected by absence of management -incentives for achieving business success changed or not consistant

Pros

no weekend shifts

Cons

sometimes long hours leading to burnout

19 March 2019
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We take employee feedback seriously and are always trying to improve!Recently we have had a shift in our structure for management which would allow for managers to be in the clinics more often! It's important for all our clinics to have access to their management team. We want to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. If you wish to speak more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to HR!

Gives you the bare minimum

Once you walk in at head office you will see how cheap this place is. This company will give you the bare minimum from vacation time (2weeks) to benefits to statutory holidays (Civic is not a holiday) to lunch breaks to work stations. Management talks about how it is a great place to work with a great culture yet they give their employees the bare minimum and have high expectations. Management is more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction. A lot of people send emails and do work outside of their regular working hours. They are also very inefficient with their time and management. There is a high turnover rate and with good reason. Management needs to up the benefits of working here otherwise they will continue to lose great talent.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Bare minimum given to you

3 August 2018
We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality our priority is always treating our people and patient’s well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to help patients in pain as soon as possible which is why we are open evenings, holidays and weekends. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.

Great place to work - benefits, competitive pay, good hours

I have worked for pt Health as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have seen some great changes over the last couple of years. They have made a consistent effort to upgrade their clinics, offer higher pay and engage their employees. There are benefits to full time employees, bonus opportunites at most positions and perks/discounts. I have been fortunate enough to move around the province and work at 3 different locations. Each location is different in how the clinic runs and operates. The staff at each clinic makes it. I love going to work everyday and have referred a number of friends to the company.

Pros

Paid lunches, good workplace culture, company perks, benefits, opportunity for bonus and advancement

Cons

Busy work environment

3 December 2018
Thanks for your comment! We are always striving to improve our clinics and engage with our employees for a positive experience.

Not a long term job

They really just dont care about their employees. Never any raises and the pay for the amount of work you do is not fair. Definitely below average for the type of job. No incentives. No acknowledgment for a job well done. You have people making major changes and decisions that know nothing about the job. They never take input from the people that actually do the job. You have clinic managers that are physiotherapists first and therefore 90% of them know nothing about managing the clinic. The structure of the company makes no sense, you have people managing people they never met and the people that manage are not actually responsible for the hiring, firing, disciplinging, rewarding, reviews etc of the people they manage. Makes NO SENSE. You can be a super loyal, deficated and hardworking employee and they make you feel worthless like you dont matter at all. Your just a number, they will do whatever they want with you and if you show any kind of dislike for it they will push you out. Ive seen it time and time again.

Pros

Paid lunch, some employee discounts

Cons

Underpaid, no growth, underappretiated

Great place to work and learn

I have worked with the company as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have had nothing but positive experiences. pt Health has built a supportive network to help you along the way. They offer competitive pay, discounts on home/car insurance, cell phone, Mark's and health care benefits. There are options for group RRSP and you are paid hourly/salary so you always know your income. They also encourage you to take additional course by offering education allowances each year. Another perk is you get to work with an interdisciplinary team and they have opportunities across the country.

Short-term OK, Long-term Stay Away!

The co-workers are (usually) great. The patients are (usually) great. Past that, the job paid better than most, but had unreasonably high expectations oftentimes, and really didn't come through for their employees when necessary. Many broken promises for future advancement. Consistent deflection on renumeration and raises for "exceptional work" while the directors get perks and bonuses that really aren't merited. Within the same position, expect to do the job of 10 other people. The company will constantly strive to put more on your plate until you can't stack any higher, and then they'll tuck things under your arms as they change your role again. The company is unwilling to invest money in itself to improve, and just expects employees to pick up extra duties to fill those gaps. Some of the staff are amazing, but the company culture is like a popularity contest. The CEO simply cherry-picks her favourites, promoting and siding with them while any imagined slight is held against you. Proven loyalty to the company is not valued as the hardest workers get their souls sucked directly from them while being pushed to work harder without compensation, acknowledgement or appreciation. Head office positions will be rife with petty conflict and office politics, while clinics receive no support and get neglected. That being said, there are some good times to be had if you love frustrating management, and don't have any future aspirations.

Pros

PCC pay is decent to start, Some amazing co-workers, There's a food truck that comes by occasionally

Cons

Raises don't exist, Constantly changing job responsibilities, Disconnect between management and everyone else, The food truck meals can be pretty heavy

Office admin

Tight deadlines, long hours, stressful days but they balance out with the awesome clinic team you work along side. Great to be part of the patience experience by taking on back end paperwork to elevate some of the patients concerns when in an accident. Its is a humbling experience to be part of the patients success.

Pros

Being an active part of the team

Cons

Patients forget that we're only here to help not your emotional punching bag

Great place for professional development

pt Health provides a lot of ways for you to advance in your position, including continuing education allowances. The best part of this job is the people. Everyone is really great and supportive.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Not enough time to get things done during the day, but not expected to stay late.

Okay job, minimal pay

Innocare (the NEW program PT Health has designed) is a joke, can't work half the time. The work load gets piled up and pay stays the same. No room for growth, no raises after you've worked your butt off for years. They take away co-workers and double the work load with no compensation. They will pay the physiotherapists the most and everyone else basically works for minimum wage when you should be paid $20/hr. No one knows what they're doing half the time. If you consider working here be ready to figure out things on your own and make things up as you go because no one has the right answer for you.

Pros

Paid lunches

Cons

Nothing working properly and not being able to do your job b/c something doesn't work EVERYDAY

Horrible Company, Don't do it.

I worked at PtHealth for two years. It was my most depression plagued two years of my life. No joke. I was a Patient Coordinator, and I was constantly crapped on by the company. There is a massive disconnect between head office and the clinics. I know for absolute fact that the previous CEO was the one responsible for a number of the positive reviews on this site. Beware. They expect a lot from their PC's, and pay horribly. They don't give raises anymore unless you meet goals they set for you. Which isn't ethical, raises are based on past performance, not future. They make you work 11 hour days, so be prepared to be exhausted by Friday. They don't encourage personal growth. PC's have no where to move up to. There isn't any continuing education relevant to the PC position. It's honestly one of the worst employment situations I have been in. It was on par with a job I had at 13 years old bundling roses for 8 hours a day standing on concrete floors. Except, the flower job paid more, and that was 15 years previous!

Cons

Long hours, pay, head office, culture

Tonnes of Improvement to be made

Day to Day structure inconsistent with a number of Issues to be addressed where direction was failed to be given. The hard work of some was easily dismissed and credit was not given where due. Lots of hard working reliable employees although management could use a healthy shift.

Learned a lot from my placement with pt Health!

During my placement I was provided ample opportunity to practice my differential diagnosis skills. I was taught so many great new skills and given the time to make sure I was comfortable and competant. The clinic team was amazing to work with and super helpful!

Pros

great atmosphere to work in!

Cons

I had to leave

Different than anywhere I've been

I liked that the clinic used an integrative approach with other health care professionals who were always helpful and available for questions/practical learning.

Pros

The staff, the clients, the constant communication

Great People, good enviornment but very unorganized

I had worked at PT Health starting as a part time agent for a new project of a Patient Care Centre and ended my time there as a Supervisor. I worked with great people and had a really good boss. My co-workers became my friends and I was comfortable confronting my boss about concerns that I felt needed to be addressed in any aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job was the constant daily changes. One minute were relaying one bit of information to patients and the next its wrong and there's a new policy, The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I worked with, they kept you motivated and were there to help each other. I feel that is essential in an office to keep it functional and running smooth.

Great culture, good direction

Great management, and culture within the office. Salary and benefits could be a bit better for corporate positions.

Friendly work place

This company was a great company to work for. The department I was in was a newer addition when I started. It quickly expanded and days were quick paced. I took patient calls for multiple clinics Canada wide, whether it be booking or cancelling patient appointments or answering patient / potential patient inquiries. The people that I worked with were great people and they taught me a lot. Calls would become more frequent the more clinics we took on and could be hard at times, but if you managed your time efficiently and worked with the other employees calls could be answered and handled in a timely manner.

Bringing happiness to people on a daily basis

On a daily basis, I got to bring happiness to someone's life-brighten that persons day just by spending some time with a resident. Management was good. Co-workers were nice. I learned that I can bring joy to someone just by simply listening to them for a bit and doing the little things I can for someone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pt Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement