pt Health

pt Health Employee Reviews

Toxic environment, short staffed which lead to stress

Experienced bully, feedback ignored, toxic. Stressful because over worked. No incentive for putting in extra work. Was not respected for wanting to do a good job

Wolf in sheeps clothing, dont trust them

ptHealth is really good at marketing that they are one big supportive and inclusive family when in reality they play favorites and don't care about the majority of their employees. I worked in their head office, interacting with the leaders and managers and the people running this company are only concerned with 1. keeping physios happy and 2. their bottom line. If you are a physio its like you are a god, you will get more recognition, better pay and management looking out for you. If you are not a physio, you don't want to work here. They pay the absolute bare minimum, the benefits are non existent, there is no respect and no opportunity for growth. I was denied an annual increase to match inflation, I was denied a merit increase altogether and every time they dumped more responsibilities on me, I was denied an increase for my workload. Pthealth got bought out by Lifemark and I hoped it would get better but everything has stayed the same, just more disorganized. In over 4 years of working at ptHealth, I did not see a single pay increase, and they were paying significantly below market rate when I started. Bottom line, unless you like working yourself to death with no recognition and extremely low pay, look somewhere else! Literally every other company is paying more. They also have a very toxic work culture and regularly want you to do extra work outside of your 40 hours a week

Pros

Used to be free physio but the cheapskates took that away so not sure there are any pros left

Cons

Pay, benefits, micromanaging, no recognition, constantly more work thrown on you, high stress, poor work life balance

Great culture and amazing team

Typically there are many activities on the go and a very fast paced and fun culture. We work hard and play hard to make sure our patients and staff have the best experience. I really enjoy the perks and added benefits. We recently received Sobey's gift cards and have seen increased communications and recognition for our efforts.

Pros

Gift cards, vacation, flex benefits plan

Cons

Many projects and initiatives

Underpaid

Worst place to work, wage is not competitive, no room to advancement, pay periods change all the time, they forget to pay you or say they paid you too much then take it off your next pay leaving you with nothing to live on, with a confusing explanation. Communication is slow, when asking questions and awaiting a response. Pay spreadsheet is mass confusion! No cancelation policy, so if a client either cancels late or no shows, you do not get compensation for it, and it happens often!The only good thing was make your own hours, laundry facilities on site, and some of the current employees are approachable.

Pros

Laundry facilities

Cons

Pay

Not a great place to work

I would ask for training and it would always be put off saying it was too busy. Bullying Staff preferences Unprofessional management I’ve never had a facility wear me down more that this one did. It was on a daily basis that I would go home upset.

27 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We take employee feedback seriously and are always trying to improve. We ask for feedback continuously through various channels with surveys and manager/team reviews. We hope that people use these channels to convey any concerns or speak to HR directly so that we can address the concerns.We want to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. If you wish to speak more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to HR. Thank you and stay safe

Great Work Environment

The new head office in Burlington is gorgeous and conveniently located. Staff are friendly. There is an emphasis on developing relationships between departments and great corporate culture.

- Lots of opportunities to develop your skills and position. - Supportive policies for employee - Friendly environment/ nice staff - Flexible hours - The company cares about feedback to improve clients and staff satisfaction.

It has changed so much over the years

When initially founded it was a great, fun and encouraging work environment. Over the years the drive became more about numbers and bringing in patients, than actually treating them.

Pros

Advancement opportunities are common

Cons

Salary, management, work environment

11 February 2020
We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality, our priority is always treating our people and patients well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to care for our patients. We are proud of the rating that our patients have given us (averaging over 94% weekly) but are always looking for ways to improve. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.

Focused on bottom line, not patient care or employees.

Found company to be primarily focused on revenue generation as their head office is expensive to operate. Profits are funneled to head office rather than put back into clinics. Focus is on patient quantity rather than care quality. Products like TENS machines and orthotics are built into revenue generating schemes to help build profits even if patients don't really require them. Incentives for selling these products are, again, built into the system. Employee burnout is huge issue, with increased working hours on short weeks and around holidays. Again, focus is on getting people in the door, not on employee health and well being.

Great coworkers and CTM

I have worked for the company for over five years. I have seen a lot of staff come and go because they are unable to adapt to change. The pay is not good but the other benefits are much better in my opinion. Staff respects one another and understands each other. Unfortunately the PCS do not all pull their own weight and rely on one PC to do all of the work. if everyone would apply themselves accordingly the clinics would run much smoother

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Bad pay and lots of stress

Nice Place To Work

People are good to work with most of the time. Very clean and tidy. Professional. Good location. Very busy place to work most of the time, especially in the winter.

Great culture and support from management

pt Health is caring and welcoming to all employees. Management really supports development and continuous learning. A great team vibe and beautiful workplace makes it a pleasure to come to work. We are striving to do our best for our patients and each other!

Pros

Team and culture

Micro managed

Manager not very understanding of issues office manager belittling and picked favourites, very clicks environment to work in. Break after only 1 hour then non on a 8 hour shift

Cons

Only 1 break in 8 hours

Dont fall for the positive reviews

I would never ever recommend anyone working here unless you like being underappreciated, overwhelmed and underpaid. Good luck trying to change the morale since no one bothers to listen to the concerns of anyone below them until its too late.

Great summer work for Student

Best summer job a student can ask for. Worked there all 5 summers of my undergrad and was very happy with my time there. Job paid well, had good hours and management was very good.

Good part time job

This company has flexible working hours, great team environment and management that does not favorize any employee. Everyone is very nice to one another and moral is good.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

pay is low

workplace culture

great place to work, perfect work life balance. Would recommend any one to apply and seek employment here. Felt like a family, exciting job advancement opportunities

Pros

Cons

Restructuring

see below

-needed management to be present at the last clinic I was working at -workplace culture affected by absence of management -incentives for achieving business success changed or not consistant

Pros

no weekend shifts

Cons

sometimes long hours leading to burnout

19 March 2019
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We take employee feedback seriously and are always trying to improve!Recently we have had a shift in our structure for management which would allow for managers to be in the clinics more often! It's important for all our clinics to have access to their management team. We want to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. If you wish to speak more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to HR!

Environnement de travail agréable

Started accounting career here, it was a good base.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pt Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement