pt Health

Working at pt Health: Latest pt Health Reviews

Canada90 reviews

clinichealthpatientofficestaffculturepositionopportunity

Great place to work with opportunities for advancement!

The positives far outweigh the negatives. We have great management and I have had multiple advancements within my short time here, all encouraged by our management team. The people and the culture are great and it is a gratifying job that I sincerely recommend to those with a passion of helping others.

Pros

Management, Culture, Environment

Job & work balance

Great place to work with wonderful coworkers and an administration support system. There is a company share program newly established. Only con I feel at this time, is that the health/vacation benefits could be better suited considering it’s a large well knows company providing many aspects of health care.

Insights into pt Health

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Good beginning job

If you just graduated from a medical office program, this is a good starter job. You learn all the basics of medical office environment with friendly and helpful staff.

Big company that focuses on revenue over patient care

There is pressure as a Physiotherapist to see 3 clients per hour, even if you have no assistant. If you are not willing to do this it is frowned upon by management.Hours are not flexible - I had approached management as hours were not working for me and was immediately told that because I was a new grad I have to work the hours that nobody else can and that is that. Bottom line is that the company does not care about its employees, they just see dollar signs. No money was put into our clinic, we would have constant feedback from clients stating that it felt like they were in a 80s hospital.I would never have any positive feedback from management when things were going well, but you best believe they made it known when their expectations were not being met.Do yourself a favor and stay away from these large company health care providers.

Terrible Management, they only want to hear what they want to hear and have selected hearing .

They do not listen when you want more training, they do not offer any support. They clients for the most part are nice and easy to handle but when you have an issue there is usually an hour delay to get an answer because everything is virtual. That is why training is so crucial in the beginning.

Pros

The clients/ Actually liking the job itself but not at this clinic

Cons

the pay / no breaks /zero support

Horribly toxic place to work.

A Horribly toxic place to work. management gossips about employees to employees. Tonnes of office politics, made for a very negative work environment.

Wolf in sheeps clothing, dont trust them

ptHealth is really good at marketing that they are one big supportive and inclusive family when in reality they play favorites and don't care about the majority of their employees. I worked in their head office, interacting with the leaders and managers and the people running this company are only concerned with 1. keeping physios happy and 2. their bottom line. If you are a physio its like you are a god, you will get more recognition, better pay and management looking out for you. If you are not a physio, you don't want to work here. They pay the absolute bare minimum, the benefits are non existent, there is no respect and no opportunity for growth. I was denied an annual increase to match inflation, I was denied a merit increase altogether and every time they dumped more responsibilities on me, I was denied an increase for my workload. Pthealth got bought out by Lifemark and I hoped it would get better but everything has stayed the same, just more disorganized. In over 4 years of working at ptHealth, I did not see a single pay increase, and they were paying significantly below market rate when I started. Bottom line, unless you like working yourself to death with no recognition and extremely low pay, look somewhere else! Literally every other company is paying more. They also have a very toxic work culture and regularly want you to do extra work outside of your 40 hours a week

Pros

Used to be free physio but the cheapskates took that away so not sure there are any pros left

Cons

Pay, benefits, micromanaging, no recognition, constantly more work thrown on you, high stress, poor work life balance

Toxic environment, short staffed which lead to stress

Experienced bully, feedback ignored, toxic. Stressful because over worked. No incentive for putting in extra work. Was not respected for wanting to do a good job

Great culture and amazing team

Typically there are many activities on the go and a very fast paced and fun culture. We work hard and play hard to make sure our patients and staff have the best experience. I really enjoy the perks and added benefits. We recently received Sobey's gift cards and have seen increased communications and recognition for our efforts.

Pros

Gift cards, vacation, flex benefits plan

Cons

Many projects and initiatives

Underpaid

Worst place to work, wage is not competitive, no room to advancement, pay periods change all the time, they forget to pay you or say they paid you too much then take it off your next pay leaving you with nothing to live on, with a confusing explanation. Communication is slow, when asking questions and awaiting a response. Pay spreadsheet is mass confusion! No cancelation policy, so if a client either cancels late or no shows, you do not get compensation for it, and it happens often!The only good thing was make your own hours, laundry facilities on site, and some of the current employees are approachable.

Pros

Laundry facilities

Cons

Pay

Not a great place to work

I would ask for training and it would always be put off saying it was too busy. Bullying Staff preferences Unprofessional management I’ve never had a facility wear me down more that this one did. It was on a daily basis that I would go home upset.

Official response from pt Health

27 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We take employee feedback seriously and are always trying to improve. We ask for feedback continuously through various channels with surveys and manager/team reviews. We hope that people use these channels to convey any concerns or speak to HR directly so that we can address the concerns.We want to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. If you wish to speak more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to HR. Thank you and stay safe

Great Work Environment

The new head office in Burlington is gorgeous and conveniently located. Staff are friendly. There is an emphasis on developing relationships between departments and great corporate culture.

- Lots of opportunities to develop your skills and position. - Supportive policies for employee - Friendly environment/ nice staff - Flexible hours - The company cares about feedback to improve clients and staff satisfaction.

It has changed so much over the years

When initially founded it was a great, fun and encouraging work environment. Over the years the drive became more about numbers and bringing in patients, than actually treating them.

Pros

Advancement opportunities are common

Cons

Salary, management, work environment

Official response from pt Health

11 February 2020
We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality, our priority is always treating our people and patients well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to care for our patients. We are proud of the rating that our patients have given us (averaging over 94% weekly) but are always looking for ways to improve. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.

Focused on bottom line, not patient care or employees.

Found company to be primarily focused on revenue generation as their head office is expensive to operate. Profits are funneled to head office rather than put back into clinics. Focus is on patient quantity rather than care quality. Products like TENS machines and orthotics are built into revenue generating schemes to help build profits even if patients don't really require them. Incentives for selling these products are, again, built into the system. Employee burnout is huge issue, with increased working hours on short weeks and around holidays. Again, focus is on getting people in the door, not on employee health and well being.

Great coworkers and CTM

I have worked for the company for over five years. I have seen a lot of staff come and go because they are unable to adapt to change. The pay is not good but the other benefits are much better in my opinion. Staff respects one another and understands each other. Unfortunately the PCS do not all pull their own weight and rely on one PC to do all of the work. if everyone would apply themselves accordingly the clinics would run much smoother

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Bad pay and lots of stress

Nice Place To Work

People are good to work with most of the time. Very clean and tidy. Professional. Good location. Very busy place to work most of the time, especially in the winter.

Great culture and support from management

pt Health is caring and welcoming to all employees. Management really supports development and continuous learning. A great team vibe and beautiful workplace makes it a pleasure to come to work. We are striving to do our best for our patients and each other!

Pros

Team and culture

Micro managed

Manager not very understanding of issues office manager belittling and picked favourites, very clicks environment to work in. Break after only 1 hour then non on a 8 hour shift

Cons

Only 1 break in 8 hours

Dont fall for the positive reviews

I would never ever recommend anyone working here unless you like being underappreciated, overwhelmed and underpaid. Good luck trying to change the morale since no one bothers to listen to the concerns of anyone below them until its too late.

Great summer work for Student

Best summer job a student can ask for. Worked there all 5 summers of my undergrad and was very happy with my time there. Job paid well, had good hours and management was very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pt Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement