pt Health

pt Health Employee Reviews

Canada81 reviews
Great coworkers and CTM
I have worked for the company for over five years. I have seen a lot of staff come and go because they are unable to adapt to change.
The pay is not good but the other benefits are much better in my opinion. Staff respects one another and understands each other. Unfortunately the PCS do not all pull their own weight and rely on one PC to do all of the work. if everyone would apply themselves accordingly the clinics would run much smoother
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad pay and lots of stress
Not a great place to work
I would ask for training and it would always be put off saying it was too busy.
Bullying

Staff preferences

Unprofessional management

I’ve never had a facility wear me down more that this one did. It was on a daily basis that I would go home upset.
27 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We take employee feedback seriously and are always trying to improve. We ask for feedback continuously through various channels with surveys and manager/team reviews. We hope that people use these channels to convey any concerns or speak to HR directly so that we can address the concerns.
We want to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. If you wish to speak more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to HR. Thank you and stay safe
Great Work Environment
The new head office in Burlington is gorgeous and conveniently located. Staff are friendly. There is an emphasis on developing relationships between departments and great corporate culture.
- Lots of opportunities to develop your skills and position.
- Supportive policies for employee

- Friendly environment/ nice staff

- Flexible hours

- The company cares about feedback to improve clients and staff satisfaction.
It has changed so much over the years
When initially founded it was a great, fun and encouraging work environment. Over the years the drive became more about numbers and bringing in patients, than actually treating them.
Pros
Advancement opportunities are common
Cons
Salary, management, work environment
11 February 2020
We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality, our priority is always treating our people and patients well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to care for our patients. We are proud of the rating that our patients have given us (averaging over 94% weekly) but are always looking for ways to improve. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.
Focused on bottom line, not patient care or employees.
Found company to be primarily focused on revenue generation as their head office is expensive to operate.
Profits are funneled to head office rather than put back into clinics.

Focus is on patient quantity rather than care quality.

Products like TENS machines and orthotics are built into revenue generating schemes to help build profits even if patients don't really require them. Incentives for selling these products are, again, built into the system.

Employee burnout is huge issue, with increased working hours on short weeks and around holidays. Again, focus is on getting people in the door, not on employee health and well being.
Nice Place To Work
People are good to work with most of the time. Very clean and tidy. Professional. Good location. Very busy place to work most of the time, especially in the winter.
Great culture and support from management
pt Health is caring and welcoming to all employees. Management really supports development and continuous learning. A great team vibe and beautiful workplace makes it a pleasure to come to work. We are striving to do our best for our patients and each other!
Pros
Team and culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at pt Health?
Micro managed
Manager not very understanding of issues office manager belittling and picked favourites, very clicks environment to work in. Break after only 1 hour then non on a 8 hour shift
Cons
Only 1 break in 8 hours
Dont fall for the positive reviews
I would never ever recommend anyone working here unless you like being underappreciated, overwhelmed and underpaid. Good luck trying to change the morale since no one bothers to listen to the concerns of anyone below them until its too late.
Great summer work for Student
Best summer job a student can ask for. Worked there all 5 summers of my undergrad and was very happy with my time there. Job paid well, had good hours and management was very good.
Good part time job
This company has flexible working hours, great team environment and management that does not favorize any employee. Everyone is very nice to one another and moral is good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay is low
workplace culture
great place to work, perfect work life balance. Would recommend any one to apply and seek employment here. Felt like a family, exciting job advancement opportunities
Pros
Cons
Restructuring
see below
-needed management to be present at the last clinic I was working at
-workplace culture affected by absence of management

-incentives for achieving business success changed or not consistant
Pros
no weekend shifts
Cons
sometimes long hours leading to burnout
19 March 2019
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We take employee feedback seriously and are always trying to improve!

Recently we have had a shift in our structure for management which would allow for managers to be in the clinics more often! It's important for all our clinics to have access to their management team.

We want to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. If you wish to speak more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to HR!
Environnement de travail agréable
Started accounting career here, it was a good base.
Great team environment and culture
pt Health is a great place to work.
They are open and welcome to feedback from their employees. They present on their action plans based on feedback which is helpful for the employees to know they are being heard.

pt Health knows how to have fun. They have fun challenges monthly for everyone with prizes and incentives. They do a lot to connect with all the staff.

You can tell that patient care is very important to them, which provides a very caring environment for all the staff.

They provide learning opportunities and allowance. There is great leadership in the senior management.

I personally have enjoyed my time at pt Health, I feel there is a lot of great people working here that care for the employees. It is a great team environment and they are always looking for ways to make things even better.
Pros
great environment, team work, culture
Great Place to work, especially for new grads with lots of mentorship and continuing education funds available
pt Health is a great company to be apart of. They value team work, communication, constructive feedback and aim to provide the highest quality of care to all patients. pt Health is a company that wants to help their employees grow and self improve. This is especially important for new grads as their is always mentorship opportunities and continuing education funds available.
Pros
benefits, continuing education funds
3 December 2018
We are a Certified Great Place to Work now and we are proud of our teams for helping us to achieve this certification. We absolutely value team work and communications from all levels of the company. Thank you!
Fast paced atmosphere that keeps you busy and makes the workday fly by
Working for this company for the last (almost) 10 years, I love how flexible they can be to accommodate their valued employees. I also have had the opportunity for growth from the position I started in.
I have had the privilege of working out of various clinics, and can happily say we have a fantastic team of providers and admin support staff, not only at one clinic, but company-wide!

Each therapist and Patient Coordinator works so hard to get the best possible outcome for their patients, and I really value the relationships I have built with my co-workers, who feel more like family.
3 December 2018
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your loyalty and feedback!
Gives you the bare minimum
Once you walk in at head office you will see how cheap this place is. This company will give you the bare minimum from vacation time (2weeks) to benefits to statutory holidays (Civic is not a holiday) to lunch breaks to work stations. Management talks about how it is a great place to work with a great culture yet they give their employees the bare minimum and have high expectations. Management is more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction. A lot of people send emails and do work outside of their regular working hours. They are also very inefficient with their time and management. There is a high turnover rate and with good reason. Management needs to up the benefits of working here otherwise they will continue to lose great talent.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Bare minimum given to you
3 August 2018
We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality our priority is always treating our people and patient’s well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to help patients in pain as soon as possible which is why we are open evenings, holidays and weekends. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.