pt Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to work, especially for new grads with lots of mentorship and continuing education funds available
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 September 2018
pt Health is a great company to be apart of. They value team work, communication, constructive feedback and aim to provide the highest quality of care to all patients. pt Health is a company that wants to help their employees grow and self improve. This is especially important for new grads as their is always mentorship opportunities and continuing education funds available.
Pros
benefits, continuing education funds
Fast paced atmosphere that keeps you busy and makes the workday fly by
Administrative Team Leader (Current Employee) –  BC27 August 2018
Working for this company for the last (almost) 10 years, I love how flexible they can be to accommodate their valued employees. I also have had the opportunity for growth from the position I started in.
I have had the privilege of working out of various clinics, and can happily say we have a fantastic team of providers and admin support staff, not only at one clinic, but company-wide!
Each therapist and Patient Coordinator works so hard to get the best possible outcome for their patients, and I really value the relationships I have built with my co-workers, who feel more like family.
Gives you the bare minimum
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 July 2018
Once you walk in at head office you will see how cheap this place is. This company will give you the bare minimum from vacation time (2weeks) to benefits to statutory holidays (Civic is not a holiday) to lunch breaks to work stations. Management talks about how it is a great place to work with a great culture yet they give their employees the bare minimum and have high expectations. Management is more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction. A lot of people send emails and do work outside of their regular working hours. They are also very inefficient with their time and management. There is a high turnover rate and with good reason. Management needs to up the benefits of working here otherwise they will continue to lose great talent.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Bare minimum given to you
Official response from pt Health
3 August 2018

We take feedback from our teams seriously. The negative view is unfortunate, in reality our priority is always treating our people and patient’s well. As a healthcare organization, we make it a priority to help patients in pain as soon as possible which is why we are open evenings, holidays and weekends. We have a lot of great healthcare practitioners working with us and we are very proud of the care they deliver. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to speak with you 905-523-5777.

My clinic was bought out and driven into the ground leaving me without a job.
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB4 July 2018
I dont have anything positive to say. The company was only concerned with treating as many patients as possible in a day, poor ethics in my book. Would not recomend working for this company.
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Low moral among staff due to constant sales pressure.
They cheap out on their employees health insurance
an employee (Current Employee) –  in canada28 May 2018
I am not really impressed with PT health! Being a physiotherapy company and offering services including massage therapy ..they took AWAY paramedical services (massage therapy and osteopath i care the most about) from their sunlife health insurance! not only that, the health insurance price have increased!!! greed, greed and once again greed. Please PT HEALTH gimmie a break. It is a SHAME!
Pros
it is a job and u make a salary
Cons
horrible health insurance, overpriced
Official response from pt Health
13 June 2018

Thanks for expressing your concern over the changes to our benefits package. We know not every employee will like the plan but we're hoping you are able to take advantage of some of the new benefits. We haven't removed the paramedical services. It may be a good idea for you to get in touch with the HR dept. They can explain everything that is included so you're fully aware of what you are entitled to.

Great Company
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2018
Great Company to work for, Independent and trusted work environment. Always treats its workers well and try's to accommodate to their every need. Love taking care of the elderly.
Pros
Independent Workplace
Family environment
Patient coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 January 2018
Ok company to work for. The clinic environment is fun and family based. Clients are nice and grateful for providers and other staffs hard work.
Company lacks growth and incentives for most positions, unless a Physiotherapist.
Pros
Meeting lots of interesting people
Cons
Disorganized
great staff
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON8 December 2017
the place it self is great. the staff members are wonderful caring and compassionate to each other and residents and family members. you learn a great deal about the facility.
Great place to work - benefits, competitive pay, good hours
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 November 2017
I have worked for pt Health as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have seen some great changes over the last couple of years. They have made a consistent effort to upgrade their clinics, offer higher pay and engage their employees. There are benefits to full time employees, bonus opportunites at most positions and perks/discounts. I have been fortunate enough to move around the province and work at 3 different locations. Each location is different in how the clinic runs and operates. The staff at each clinic makes it. I love going to work everyday and have referred a number of friends to the company.
Pros
Paid lunches, good workplace culture, company perks, benefits, opportunity for bonus and advancement
Cons
Busy work environment
Company aiming to be the best in healthcare
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Hagersville, ON8 November 2017
pt Health is focused on improving patient outcomes and that message is felt from management and practitioners alike. As a physiotherapist I feel very supported and empowered to deliver high quality of care knowing all the booking and billing is taken care of and I dont have to worry about it. I enjoy being able to use other practitioners in the company as resources and mentors which has helped my transition as a new grad.
Great company with lots of opportunity for growth!
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 November 2017
I had the opportunity to work in multiple clinics across the GTA and every team I worked for was very welcoming! The environment is very positive and vibrant. A very diverse team in some clinics which only adds to the patient care and experience
Pros
benefits, continuing education, mentorship, network, flexible hours
Cons
benefit plan could be more extensive but it is good to have benefits regardless
Not a long term job
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 October 2017
They really just dont care about their employees. Never any raises and the pay for the amount of work you do is not fair. Definitely below average for the type of job. No incentives. No acknowledgment for a job well done.

You have people making major changes and decisions that know nothing about the job. They never take input from the people that actually do the job. You have clinic managers that are physiotherapists first and therefore 90% of them know nothing about managing the clinic.

The structure of the company makes no sense, you have people managing people they never met and the people that manage are not actually responsible for the hiring, firing, disciplinging, rewarding, reviews etc of the people they manage. Makes NO SENSE.

You can be a super loyal, deficated and hardworking employee and they make you feel worthless like you dont matter at all. Your just a number, they will do whatever they want with you and if you show any kind of dislike for it they will push you out. Ive seen it time and time again.
Pros
Paid lunch, some employee discounts
Cons
Underpaid, no growth, underappretiated
Great community
Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 October 2017
Great company to work for; very support management and staff with incredible health benefits.
Some mid-level company disorganization, not knowing whom to contact, can be a little confusing.
Hours can be a little hectic for a young family, but overall, a GREAT company to work for.
Fun loving place to work as we meet various patients and feels great to help them.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2017
Its was great working with this company for 5 years. Unfortunately the structural changes made to close down various clinics . Staff was very professional. Closely worked with various physiotherapist , Hand therapist, massage therapist and occupational therapist and gained knowledge about physical health,active rehabilitation etc. Also got familiar with the MSP system , ICBC , WCB benefits .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short of Staff
Great place to work and learn
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2017
I have worked with the company as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have had nothing but positive experiences. pt Health has built a supportive network to help you along the way. They offer competitive pay, discounts on home/car insurance, cell phone, Mark's and health care benefits. There are options for group RRSP and you are paid hourly/salary so you always know your income. They also encourage you to take additional course by offering education allowances each year. Another perk is you get to work with an interdisciplinary team and they have opportunities across the country.
Patient Coordinator
Patient Coo (Current Employee) –  Alberta15 June 2017
Poor pay for an immense workload. No room for advancement after promises from management. Received one raise after over 2 years of employment and unfortunately in Alberta there is a very scarce workforce so almost forced to stay in a position with little pay.

Patient Coordinators are hired right out of school with little to no office experience and totally incompetent.

Patients are great and majority of coworkers are great but be prepared to be stabbed in the back and cut down at every opportunity.

Try to stand up for yourself and be made to feel like you are a 'tattle tale'. Definitely high school all over again and one of the worse places I have worked for in over 20 years.
Pros
Great patients and CTM is very nice and able to talk to but has no pull
Cons
Poor hiring choices
Good to Start out your Massage Career
Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Haldimand County, ON12 June 2017
Perfect company to start out in your massage career.
You get steady referrals from the physiotherapist(s) you work with.
I love working in a team environment and the team that I work with is great.
The company however needs improvement. Depending on your clinic manager, you are just thrown into the job and have to learn as you go how the clinic runs or when you have to deal with the company (compensation reports, vacation, etc.).
And it definitely depends on the individual clinic you are working for.
Difficult sometimes to deal with the call centre. If you have a problem they do not respond well to it.
You will get a lot of WSIB and MVA patients which you still only get a percentage from that.
Pros
Benefits, great atmosphere, vacation pay (10 days), set your own hours, compensation for CEUs
Cons
Low split (54%) and can't increase it unless you want to be a contractor (60%), Sometimes Franchise feeling
Great workplace with great culture
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 April 2017
Pt Health is a great workplace with great company culture. I have gained valuable experience as a physiotherapist as well as the managerial aspects of day-to-day operations of a physiotherapy clinic. There is an ongoing commitment to continuing education with courses put on throughout the company (i.e. vertigo, TMJ, pelvic floor) as well as a great network of physiotherapists, massage therapists, chiropractors and naturopathic doctors to learn from. The company has been very transparent with quarterly town halls and yearly performance reviews provide great feedback for areas of improvement as well as the years successes.
poor management
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
poor management. under payed. constantly changed software to slower, less functional (cheaper) software. constantly over / double booked. no accountability for mistakes in scheduling errors. very gossipy/cliquey. unprofessional.
Awful place to work
PT call center (Former Employee) –  55 frid street7 March 2017
The culture at this place is horrendous. In terms of professionalism its awful as well. The work life balance is great though but just get ready to get mico manged for low pay. This job should be short term its not ideal to make a living. Management is just as bad
Pros
Not much
Cons
Wage, micro management, awful culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pt Health. Our community is ready to answer.