PC Financial

PC Financial Employee Reviews

Supportive
Supportive teams and leadership towards development of knowledge and roles. Only lack of proper systems that is usually a requisite in Banks, making regular tasks mundane.
Terrible Management
Terrible management. Always made you feel like you were not good enough. Constantly compared to Toronto branches and had the same targets (impossible to hit).
Fast paced and target oriented
Fast paced, target oriented and stressful job. Nice skilled co workers and helpful managers. Very responsive manager who always gave us proper guideline.
productive
Learnt different techniques and tools through out my work place.
Management was powerful in terms of helping out when in need.

Team was amazing to work with .
Growing company, but management leaves a lot to be desired
There are a lot of opportunities within PC Financial, without question. It's a fast growing company, through multiple lines of business. Because of this, the lines between different departments become blurred, and it can be hard to keep up with job expectations. Additionally, the blurred lines means there are a lot of people who need to have input on any decisions to be made, which slows change to a crawl.
Pros
Free Coffee, Great Employees
Cons
Micromanagement, Lack of trust
Great
It’s a slow pace and need to be willing to stand for 8hrs, it’s a bit crazy with the customers going in and out so you have to strategize how to talk to them
Good
A typical day at work involved sales.
I was given targets and had to reach sales goals at the end of the day.

It also involved reading the customers as they walked in to the store , as we were to pitch them for credit card sales
great people terrible culture.
* Lack of strong or clear leadership from the management team, it is apparent that the the leadership is un-united and operate in cliques.

*Change is expected, however there have been constant reorgs without any direction on how roles will change or expectations on how we should be working together. The working team is left to figure it out on their own and when the teams are not working well , another reorg happens.

*Mediocre compensation & benefits

* Several departments consist of hard working and talented employees while others are bitter, complacent and angry. Because the company is still subjectively small, all large scale projects require all departments to work collaboratively. When not all departments are made equal - this often leads to friction, conflict, blame and a toxic work environment

Positives: There is no shortage of interesting work, and if you're part of a strong team with smart talented people, you can learn from each other.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PC Financial?
Great Place to work at with great salary
PC financial is a great company to work for with a very competitive salary.Management is very good, how ever here is not much room for growth within the company.
Benefits
Cons
No Job Security
Fun Place to work
PCF is a great place to work. The benefits are outstanding from my point of view. The work culture too is friendly and great. Sales targets are not unrealistic.
Low pressure sales
The job basically requires you to speak to Shoppers at Superstores about the benefits of their Optimum Point and then if possible, introduce them to the PC Mastercard and PC Insiders.

You are not required to put pressure on customers or lie to them about what you are offering them.

Good work-life balance as you basically create your own schedule along with your pavilion partner
Management is very good, you have to stay competitive and keep yourself up to date. Work culture is very relaxed. You can create social ties in order to keep up in management.
It’s a trap! / enough stress to make your life a nightmare
Worst company I ever worked for, they only care about sales, not the well being of there employees, they threaten your job for low sales, they praise the people who do good but make the ones who don’t feel miserable, I would never recommend anyone ever to work there, it’s gonna hurt your own reputation as a person, they lure you in with the benefits and salary but trust me when I say this, it is not worth the mental stress it puts you through
Great job
Working at PCF is fun because you get to work on your own schedule and choose the location you prefer which shoppers you get paid 18$/h which is not bad, the managers are great. Only one negative point most time clients ate not interested in signing up for credit cards. Your first days in your job can be draining since you won't be getting many clients in most cases. Great job
Very good Organization
Pays more than a bank,
empowers employees,

invests in employee development,

Easy working timings

Medical insurance provided by the company

It was a very lovely place to work at. I really enjoyed working for this company.
I had a great time working for PC Financial. The staff was very accommodating and they paid us bonuses when we promoting their credit cards. They are very professional. I would recommend anyone to work for PC Financial.
Stressful work
Engaging customers, asking every customer about MasterCard. You have meet your daily goal, if not, then your job will be in danger.Manager will call you if you are not performing. Yes, there are mystery shopper too.
productive and fun workplace
You get to talk with everyone and help them earn more points for every purchase, recommended Credit card and points for everyone customers that met their needs
Don't Waste Your Time
It is true that all companies are flawed in some areas, but never have I encountered a place that is flawed in EVERYTHING
Toxic culture where the people not doing their job do not get fired (countless times thinking to myself how is this person still here?? At all levels in the organization) and the ones keeping the business running are not appreciated.

The pay is competitive with the market but you get to do 4 people's jobs in return.

I would never recommend PCF to anyone, in fact working there actually sucks the skills out of you and degrade your previous work experience ce.
Pros
You get to meet some smart people 5%
Cons
Everything that is wrong with PCF starts with the terrible and corrupt management team
good
it was a very good company overall. I really enjoyed working for them.
My Pm was very active and willingly to let me do what i was hired to do.

Flexible working hours made it an added bonus.
Terrible
Terrible place to work. They will not hire you unless you’re a certain nationality. They hire based on race not experience. Regional/District Manager is rude, has no people skills, can’t speak English or write an email. Have no idea how he became a Regional/District Manager.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PC Financial. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9