PC Financial

Insights into PC Financial

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Overall good

Overall good company for a start but hard to maintain work-life balance as you need to work full time on weekends.Some managers are pushy and bossy, but some are really friendly help you to grow and success inside the organization, but position does not offer any career growth

Pros

company paid for commute

Cons

long hours, weekends

Excellent boss easy to deal with

The HR was great the district manager was awesome my colleague was a cool guy! I liked the sales aspect of the job and fair base pay as well tests were broken down by boss to easily gain understanding of the learning material

Pros

Great boss the colleague was a hard worker honest and easy going

Cons

To many hours not consent time off

Stressfull. Disorganized Management. Misleading

A very stressfull job. Lots of Micro managing. Management does not treat employees well. Sales calculated on a daily basis, your job will be in jeopardy if you have any low sales no matter your previous success

Pros

Employees are nice

Cons

Working hours change frequently. Disorganized management.

Ok to start with banking career

Good place to work, no growth prospects in the future. Growth here is hard nut to crack. A great place to pay your bills and working as a job. Great benefits

Fast paced

It's great wages and great benefits but unfortunately there's been a lot of changes and some of them not so great. There is a sales quota that each person has to meet and it can be very stressful.

Productive and fun place

It was overall awesome experience working at PC financial, I enjoyed selling cards to people and meeting new challenges, I grew alot as sales and marketing person.

Pros

Commission, no limit of getting new customers

Cons

Stress, hectic and lot of pressure

Unrealistic expectations - unless you are located within a major center.

PRR = get ready to be used and abused!Unrealistic expectations and minimal support. Enjoy No Weekends off of work, and be prepared to have little time left, after your workday.The PC Master Card is not overly competitive in the Credit Card marketplace and their PC Money Account is nearly useless.....Customers are mostly rude, as they are tired of being 'hounded', time and time again. Afterall, they came to buy weekly groceries, not add more banking products..........Run far, Run fast.... They are desperate to succeed, and have an ever changing Compensation package and poor Management practices!Worst job, and Worst Company I ever worked for.BTW.....huge turnover, and most times they will terminate you prior to 'probation period' expiration. This means you will screwed out of 2 Months 'Bonuses' and 2 Month's 'Commissions'!!!!!!!

Pros

Work Indoors

Cons

Everything!!!

A perfect storm of stress and tedium

The fact that all of the cashiers, maintenance workers and security guards all commented on how high the turnover rate was, how boring the day to day activities were, and how stressful the quotas are should have been my first hint. Although there is a fairly extensive training program during the onboarding process, I feel it didn't adequately prepare me for the position, or give me realistic expectations on what is actually involved with the job. Essentially, if you're performing your job correctly, you will be confronting every customer as they finish paying at the tills, trying to awkwardly force them into a conversation. Sort of like a human pop-up ad. If you do your job well, most customers will resent you. If you do your job poorly, your manager will resent you.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Boring, stressful, ruthless corporate culture

Stressful sales work. Run far away from this company!!

This company will hound you on sales if you are NOT CONSISTENT. No matter how many good days you have they do not care. If it is not consistent they will make you feel like you have not done anything good for the company. You will become expendable PC FINANCIAL will fire you and hire someone instantly like you were just a number. The bonus system is terrible, you are only getting a couple more dollars above minimum wage and they expect you to hit their impossible daily targets everyday. For being in a small town they will compare you to the big city and make you feel worthless. Everyone in a small town working for PC FINANCIAL RUN! Everyone either has the card or doesn’t have good enough credit to obtain one. Therefore making it impossible to be consistent in your sales.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, mentally exhausting, terrible structure.

Comments

Very stressful place to work. Selfish management. They don’t care about the performance. I used to be top 5 in sales. They never promote me. They don’t care about our hard work. Many people are resigning and people are getting fired. Never join. Just my truthful comment.

Bad is the only word

Do your self a favor, don't put your self into intense stressful working environment at this company. It's insane how during this financial and health crisis this company put their reps under extreme pressure to make four times the numbers than before, they don't care about covid protocol, they don't care 90% people are jobless with this crisis, customers screams at reps to leave them alone but unfortunately you are just getting paid to be yelled at and risking your safety for the job that let's you go as soon as your numbers go down.

Stressful work and the worst management

Your manger will push you to get sales every day even during pandemic. They expect you to go talk every customer non stopping in the store. No respect and if you can't get sales you need to leave. The management team give you all pressure but no support or encouragement. They dont care your safety or customer service, only your sales !!!!!!

Pros

good benefit

Cons

stressful work.

Boring stressful job

I worked here for a little over two years in the hopes advancement opportunities would occur, or pay increases would happen, but none did. You are constantly expected to sign two people up for both the MasterCard and (lack lustre) bank account every day. During a pandemic especially, these goals are not attainable. Nothing new is learned once you know the product; in two years a lack lustre bank account and a subscription program changed slightly. If you can deal with harassing people grocery shopping getting them to sign up for a credit card, the salary / commission is decent.

Pros

Decent salary, good hours, discounts

Cons

Unattainable goals if you aren’t harassing people, 100% of job is standing, work alone most of the time

National sales target, meet them or leave

It is a well run organization with one glaring exception, the national daily sales targets (4 sign-ups a day per person) are not adjusted for local conditions

Pros

Good base salary

Cons

Cemented sales expectations

Boring and easy

Cannot expect any good from day. Pushy management want there sale done. Only one staff at a time hood if you like working by yourself. You will get scolding if sale is not done by the end of day.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unexpected day

Terrible working environment

100 percent sales job. With time going, sales goals increased doubled and management level push so hard. Even when you are leaving, they can’t leave you alone. Girls should pay attention that there are so many old perverts in the store and asking for phone numbers or dates.

Pros

Good pay and nice colleagues. People in superstore are very supportive and friendly

Cons

Company doesn’t have a future plan, Marketing department is terrible. Management got aggressive for sales.

You meet a lot of nice customers.

Hands on training would have been most helpful before being thrown out to the wolves. The mystery shopper testing is very unfair to someone who was working alone and only 1 month on the job. I failed the test and was dismissed. I excelled in my number of applications that were submitted and customer surveys far exceeded their expectations. Why not give quality PPRs some coaching and a warning? I felt I was treated very unfairly. I left a bank job which I have many years of experience to take the job at PC Financial. I don't think they know their employees very well. The best part of this job were the customers I met.

Pros

Free coffee and treats in the lunchroom

Cons

Long hours, shifts should be shortened. A lot of talking especially wearing a mask.

It was alright

Fun co workers, enjoyed helping customers, had a hard time achieving goals which put a lot of pressure on me and stressed me out. Overall if you’re great at selling then you’ll most likely be fine.

Pros

Friendly co workers, good pay

Cons

Standing all day, high pressure

Productive and satisfactory place to work

Be yourself to manage your bankBe transparent and honest Achieve your daily targets and give your best Accomplish your everyday goalsEarn more money with more salez

Pros

Independent, no pressure and make money more depend on your sales

Cons

No computers so some time feel boredom

My Workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is telling people all the ways we are working to save them money. The excitement when they sign up for a Credit Card and see the bonus points and money they can save in the long run. Overall I am very happy with PCFINANCIAL and the Staff.

Pros

Meeting new People

Cons

Some folks are very nasty when you try to talk to them.

Loved it!

I want to work for PC again!! I loved it and regret leaving!! I highly recommend it there! I loved working with the public buy unfortunately due to school I had to quit cause you can’t do both. Unless you go down to part time.

Pros

Pay rate and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PC Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement