PC Financial

PC Financial Employee Reviews

Canada85 reviews
When I was hired I expected to have sales targets, which at the time were reasonable. Training was focused on service and support of products, which leads to sales.

I get paid very well for what I do. Better than most other financial institutions. And up until recently it's been a decent job.

I worked hard to get to hit monthly targets. Since the pandemic they nearly doubled targets because larger centres were blowing the targets out of the water.

Here is a very limited clientele which limits sales opportunities.

On a recent job review, I was told by my manager to pass off any customer service questions to the call centre so I can focus on getting more sales.

My manager is great but he's being forced by his boss to raise the numbers.

They don't care about the employee or the customer only the bottom line.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets
Be yourself to manage your bank
Be transparent and honest

Achieve your daily targets and give your best

Accomplish your everyday goals

Earn more money with more salez
Pros
Independent, no pressure and make money more depend on your sales
Cons
No computers so some time feel boredom
The most enjoyable part of the job is telling people all the ways we are working to save them money. The excitement when they sign up for a Credit Card and see the bonus points and money they can save in the long run. Overall I am very happy with PCFINANCIAL and the Staff.
Pros
Meeting new People
Cons
Some folks are very nasty when you try to talk to them.
I want to work for PC again!! I loved it and regret leaving!! I highly recommend it there! I loved working with the public buy unfortunately due to school I had to quit cause you can’t do both. Unless you go down to part time.
Pros
Pay rate and management.
You’ll basically be hounding people to sign up, by disgusting yourself as a customer support rep. Your just a number to management. First sign of sales decline and your manager will make you feel like your days are numbered
Pros
Decent money. Sometimes friendly customers
Cons
A bit degrading, your a walking telemarketer, job security is based on credit card sales
A great place to work and learn new technology! The teams collaborate via co-location and regular daily scrums.
More opportunities can be given to women in technology to introduce the right balance of EQ skills in the workplace.
Pros
Opportunities to learn
Cons
Opportunities for advancement are limited
I would never recommend this company as they only look out for the company not employees
To high of incentives, always changing and increasing goals

No support from management
sales job is always a stressful and you need to sale at least 1 credit card per shift but pay is really very good. Even benefits are also really very excellent. But passionate person will surely do this job.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Stressful sales
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives. Generous amount of vacation time, extensive health benefits, education support (not formal policy but treated on case-by-case basis), and thanking programs in place.
difficult to sum up.
Fantastic but difficult targets to hit resulting in high stress.

Minimum Expectations are the same regardless of being in a big city (1 million + population) vs a small city (less than 100k population)

if you are extremely confident in your commission sales skills and can deal with the constant negative push back due to this being primarily a credit card sales job then the Benefits + Pay package is fantastic.
Don't waste your time if you're looking for a long term position.

The turn over rate for PRR's is very high.

If your unrealistic sales targets aren't being met daily they let you go instantly.

This position is very high stress for a job that should be relaxed.
It was a very fast-paced environment, management (called People Leaders) are very bright and care for their team - that was my experience. My manager was amazing, she cared for our team and consequently lead to me wanting to work harder and go above and beyond for my team. Very bright people on my team of 3. Would definitely recommend working here, even if just to get into the Loblaws Enterprise.
Supportive teams and leadership towards development of knowledge and roles. Only lack of proper systems that is usually a requisite in Banks, making regular tasks mundane.
Terrible management. Always made you feel like you were not good enough. Constantly compared to Toronto branches and had the same targets (impossible to hit).
Fast paced, target oriented and stressful job. Nice skilled co workers and helpful managers. Very responsive manager who always gave us proper guideline.
Learnt different techniques and tools through out my work place.
Management was powerful in terms of helping out when in need.

Team was amazing to work with .
There are a lot of opportunities within PC Financial, without question. It's a fast growing company, through multiple lines of business. Because of this, the lines between different departments become blurred, and it can be hard to keep up with job expectations. Additionally, the blurred lines means there are a lot of people who need to have input on any decisions to be made, which slows change to a crawl.
Pros
Free Coffee, Great Employees
Cons
Micromanagement, Lack of trust
It’s a slow pace and need to be willing to stand for 8hrs, it’s a bit crazy with the customers going in and out so you have to strategize how to talk to them
A typical day at work involved sales.
I was given targets and had to reach sales goals at the end of the day.

It also involved reading the customers as they walked in to the store , as we were to pitch them for credit card sales
* Lack of strong or clear leadership from the management team, it is apparent that the the leadership is un-united and operate in cliques.

*Change is expected, however there have been constant reorgs without any direction on how roles will change or expectations on how we should be working together. The working team is left to figure it out on their own and when the teams are not working well , another reorg happens.

*Mediocre compensation & benefits

* Several departments consist of hard working and talented employees while others are bitter, complacent and angry. Because the company is still subjectively small, all large scale projects require all departments to work collaboratively. When not all departments are made equal - this often leads to friction, conflict, blame and a toxic work environment

Positives: There is no shortage of interesting work, and if you're part of a strong team with smart talented people, you can learn from each other.
PC financial is a great company to work for with a very competitive salary.Management is very good, how ever here is not much room for growth within the company.
Benefits
Cons
No Job Security