Oxygen Technical Services

Oxygen Technical Services Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
I enjoyed my time there. They care about their people and their customers. They could be clearer with their expectations and role definition. Management could be more collaborative.
Very good enviroment to work, Management is very nice and friendly .
Team memebers are always willing to help . good salary , moved to new office location with a lot of fun projects
Organization suffers from Substantial turnover; I had reported to 6 different direct managers within less than 2 years! Longest-running manager I had lasted only about 7 months.

Work culture amongst the technical staff is good. Good-natured, well-meaning people with great teamwork.

Senior Management is very poorly run and been there since it's inception. Middle Management has been a consistently-revolving door. If you want/expect some consistency in your direct manager, and therefore work expectations and institutional memory, I'd recommend to look elsewhere.

If you're a self-starter, and able to work with that constant fluctuation in management expectations, this is an OK place to get some IT experience.
Oxygen understands that they need to give a little to get a little. If you work hard and act with integrity you'll really enjoy your time with the Oxygen Technologies team.

The staff is hard working, leadership is understanding and does lead by example which is admittedly a treat when you've had poor management experiences previously. The grass is green on the Oxygen side of the fence compared to many peer companies, that said it's not easy street and during working hours, you're expected to focus and do your part.

Is the company perfect? No, but the company does listen to staff and customers in an effort to grow in a way that works for everyone involved. We do take time to apprecaite our efforts, which is always apprecaited.

It's worth applying, slouches need not apply.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, opportunity to grow and make an impact
Cons
Training can be tough and some pre-existing knowledge helps
Oxygen is a decent place to start your journey into and IT Career. There are opportunities to learn new and interesting things, however most of the learning will be outside of business hours.
Work life balance can be difficult to maintain, scheduled training is also difficult to obtain.
Staff that care about the best interests of its clients.
Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow in the IT industry.

Teamwork is valued in the organization.
I enjoy working here however I feel like the starting salary is a little low considering you need schooling to work here. The team is really good and everyone is always willing to help each other out.
Pros
Company BBQ's and events