Oxford Learning Centre
Happiness score is 73 out of 100

Oxford Learning Centre Employee Reviews

Canada123 reviews

studentteachingtutorteacherkidchildlearningsupportive

Flexible, caring and extremely positive work culture

Featured review

Oxford Learning Centre selected this as a representative review
Oxford allowed me to work flexibly being in school, they were kind and accommodating. The material and structure was clear giving you the opportunity to learn and grow as a teacher as well as support students in a way that creatively worked for them. They allowed freedom for you to teach students as you seem fit and always strived for a fun, positive learning culture. I learned so much as tutor and absolutely loved being part of such a great work environment.

It’s a great part time job for a University student. It pays above minimum wage, but you may work less hours than the average part time job. If you like working with kids, I recommend working here.

Insights into Oxford Learning Centre

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

I am allowed to bring my 6 yr old at work DAILY ...how COOL is that !

working part time daily . My employer ALLOWS to bring my 6 yr old , who sits in a room with their TECHNOLOGY as much time as I work .I save on baby sitting costs , I tutor other kids , manage the place . what more work life balance one can expect ? I like to talk and network . That is best place to work for new moms with kids . Bring your kids to WORK , WHILE U GET PAID . you get to chat , in person , network . bosses never ask about funds I spend . so polished communication skills are a good seller at this company .

Pros

If your communication, talking skills are great YOU R SET @ oxford learning .

Cons

need to b e there in person, but lots of networking options .

Great place for those striving to be apart of the education industry

The job was pretty straight forward. You have to ensure the students you are assigned are staying on task, and then go through there work once they have finished a page.

Terrible place to work.

West Vancouver location is an evening daycare centre so parents can dump their kids off for a couple hours, a couple times per week. Most of the kids don't need help with anything. Everything is way too easy for most kids. Most kids learn nothing here as opposed to other learning centres that focus on actual education. This place is terribly owned and administered.

Pros

Cons

Don't pay for all you time, Will not pay you on time, skirt BC laws when they tell you they'll look into it instead of just cutting a check, Staff are constantly having to complain about not being paid for all hours of work.

Fullfiling and wholesome

Oxford Learning high park is a very fulfilling place to work while still maintaining laid back. The pay is decent and the management is very communicative and flexible. They accept vacation requests and are very understanding of their employee's having personal lives and other commitments.

Have a positive attitude

I like the whole interview experience there and the director was very nice and a very welcoming person and she is really lovely she open mind person.

Great place to work if you need flexibility and want a career teaching

The owner here is incredible and always listens when any of the staff have an issue. He really cares about each student that is enrolled here and makes sure that they get what they need out whenever they come to their sessions.

Great Place

Great place to work. Lots of support and although it gets busy, Education Directors really make the workload better to handle. My coworkers were helpful and I liked the education. methods that actually helped students improve.

Pros

Great management

Cons

No benefits, not many hours, no opportunity for growth

Rewarding and fun working with kiddos

I worked at Oxford for over 6 years!! It was a great experience and very flexible.. The team was great and helped me develop my skills for teaching. Typical work day would be to come in and prep for the kids you're working with that evening, usually 2 or 3 at a time but it works well because its their curriculum versus creating your own.

Skip this awful place!

Not properly trained...or paid for that matter. Students "learned" in one big, noisy room; not conducive to learning at all! Oxford administers their own "tests" to see where each student is at academically. Those tests were laughable. Management was rude, nasty and not approachable. They know they pay ridiculously low, but do not care.

Horrible place

Stay away. Salary is a joke and the owners know that...and laugh about it. Little training and lots of confusion. Long hours in a dirty environment. Oxford charges parents a lot of money for terrible quality. Their tests that they administer to see where a child is at academically are also a joke. Nasty, rude owners who could care less about the health and happiness of their employees.

Fun, supportive, meaningful place to work!

Working at Oxford Learning was one of the best decisions I made. The students, staff, and management helped me grow personally and professionally. I found a lot of value and purpose in the work I did with my students and their families. The workplace culture was fun and relaxed. The management were supportive and allowed for flexibility in work schedules. I highly recommend checking them out!

One of the Best Tutoring Companies Out There

Oxford Tecumseh is hands down my favorite work experience thus far. Seriously, the kindness of my co workers is wonderful, and the kids are absolutely great to teach.I wouldn't rely on this for the money - hours can be off sometimes, and you're going to be limited to part time work. That's made up for with the wage, but if the kids aren't coming, you aren't working. Besides that, great culture, great environment. I've never seen so many people genuinely care about the well being and education of children who are looking for extra help. It's a great experience - I'd recommend them to anyone looking to get a foot into the teaching world.

Pros

Experience, Great Environment, Friendly

Cons

Short Hours, Part Time Work

Rewarding Experience

What a great place to work! I loved seeing my students progress and their confidence increase. As they learned new skills, they were willing to try harder things and learning became fun. The hours worked well with my school schedule.

The perfect job for a student!

I really enjoyed my time at Oxford. They offer over minimum wage, the job itself is extremely easygoing and chill, and the management was really nice. They followed my schedule hours, they really appreciated their employees and the other tutors were really nice. They don't give you more hours then you ask and it's all after school so it was perfect for me in cages and uni. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone

Decent Part-Time Job

It's a private tutoring business so you get what you'd expect. You're expected to teach 2-3 kids at the same time, all learning different things. The justification for this is that it teaches students independence but it's clearly this way so they can make more money. Pay is pretty low, usually starting around $17-18 although you might be lucky and get around $21 but that's the upper end of things.I like the students, my manager is kind and reasonable. I'm just not a huge fan of tutoring companies in general where money is clearly more important than teaching the kids.

Fun working conditions but very low pay

Pay can be very low, but the working environment is great since everyone is so nice and helpful. Sometimes can get a little stressful but you are working with kids so expected.

Pros

Great Management, Work-life

Cons

pay

Not many hours due to covid

Great place to work but it was so slow that it wasn't worth me coming in for just an hour or two a shift. Very easy to start working there as they give you specific booklets to go through with the students.

Decent work place

This place is fun in the sense that you get to help young kids succeed. Some children may need some convincing to do the work but everyone leaves with a smile.

Productive and fun workplace.

Nice and friendly manager and co-worker, caring and helpful. You can learn a lot of stuff working there and it is good for your personal development. Great working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxford Learning Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement