Oxford Frozen Foods Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NS28 December 2017
Management team has no experience. Pay is low, schedules are random, and sales team could care less about employees. Managers are chosen based on name, not experience. No trained HR.
Pros
Cons
Long hours.
Enjoyed my job with the company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS21 August 2017
I really enjoyed my job with Oxford frozen foods was willing and able to just about all production work.got along with everyone that I worked with.all in all it was a good place to work
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS24 July 2017
Provides training , friendly people, make sure you are comfortable with your position and know your job.if you have any problems supervisors are there to help
Hard work, 98 hr weeks, little pay
Forklift Operator/Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Parrsboro, NS10 May 2017
Would arrive at work at 6:30 a.m. Would already be trucks waiting to get unloaded... had to load and unload trucks while taking stacks of empty totes to and from the plant. high paced job might get a 15 minute dinner break some days in a 12 hour shift. had to buy a wrist watch so I could time the output machine to increase my productivity so I could have a cigarette break in between trucks. Worked in the sun all day out back by myself on terrible terrain, I didn't mind makes the day go by faster with no breaks.
Pros
Outdoors In the sun
Cons
Long hours, hard work, little pay, big deductions
Pay is decent
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS14 March 2017
long hours, hard work, and you will most likely get placed in either the fresh plant or if you are unlucky the appetizer plant where you will process onions 12 hours a day.
Pros
free samples from lab
Fast paced, fun people to work around.
Box Counter (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS21 November 2016
Fun co-workers. Mixed day and night shifts. Fast paced most times. Seasonal work for anyone looking for that. I would recommend working here if you're not qualified for anything else.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of friendly people
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  half way river N.S21 June 2015
Productive and fun workplace with lots of friendly people 12 hrs shift work. looking for something more challenging also looking for a reliable employer too ensure full time employment but i cant do the seasonal work anymore
Seasonal
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NS16 April 2015
12 hrs shift work. looking for something more challenging in remote setting. also looking for a reliable employer too ensure full time employment
The hardest part of the job
Labour (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS6 March 2015
I found the hardest part of the job was the long hours, the shift work and the hardest part was to sit there for 8-12 hors and watch the blueberries or onions go by on the line.
Pros
you got to sit
Wouldn't recommend this
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS14 August 2014
Oxford Frozen Foods is somewhere I wouldn't recommend working. Back when I worked there they expected you to do more than one persons job all shift. They didn't treat the employees the best.
Pros
Cons
treated like dirt, constant shift changing
Shift and seasonal work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oxford Nova Scotia20 November 2013
Co workers and supervisors are great to work with.
Long shifts when there is work but it is seasonal work.
Great learning ground
Customs Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Oxford NS3 October 2013
My typical day at work is to update spreadsheets for imports and exports to ensure compliance with customs regulation and check invoices from brokers. Process all invoices for miscellaneous shipments that cross the border. Answer any questions from drivers, suppliers,management concerning custom issues. Also prepare the monthly Export Summary sheet and produce documents for some overseas clients. Stay abreast and help implement new regulations and procedures that concern US and Canadian customs.

I would like a new challenge in a different enviroment.
Pros
Close to home-walking distance
Cons
No new challenges
labourer
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS25 July 2013
this job consisted of doing all kinds of different things from packing blueberries to picking worms out of them on a inspection belt. i had worked her on my time off from high school.
Pros
good hours and decent pay
Cons
summer job only
fastpaste workplace!
Fork - lift operator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NS7 April 2013
Go into work and dig threw rows and racks for product, loading and unloading trucks with no spills. I learned how to use a computer in the forklift binning and transferring product from warehouse to warehouse. The hardest part of the job would be is the cold, long hours, as in 120 hour pays in the summer time.
Pros
they pay for our lunches whitch is awsome!
Meeting new People
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS8 January 2013
Learned new ways on making Boxes and taking time to teaching me new things, my co-workers were very good to work with very nice and helpful.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
shift work
N/a
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS28 June 2012
i liked the money just not the place i was working . i was working in a freezer and kept on getting sick. and lost to much time
Pros
the pay
Cons
cold