Oxfam

Oxfam Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,460 reviews

Learning, fun and purposeful experience

Working as an Oxfam fundraiser has been an immense pleasure for me. If you are looking for a positive work environment, diverse culture and a supportive team, this is the place to be. Growth and development of the employees is a priority for the management team and they provide the necessary support at all times. Creativity and new ideas are always welcomed and encouraged. It is an outdoors job which lets you visit new locations and meet new people, everything an extrovert like me can dream of. The job is a bit exhausting due to weather conditions and some of the indifferent people. However, at the end of the day, you sleep knowing you did something to make the world a better place than it was yesterday. If you have good communication skills, passionate about women’s rights and care about the issues of the world, come and join us at Oxfam.

Bad team leaders with bad judgement who can and will fire you on whim. Waste of time.

I had a very poor experience in my short time as an employee with Oxfam. After having gone through a somewhat lengthy (but pleasant) process to obtain employment as a trainee fundraiser at Oxfam, I was ruthlessly fired after working on field for half a day. The reasons they gave were that I apparently didn’t know my script to a satisfactory standard and did not have a personality suitable for the role. I must emphasise again that this judgement was formed after working there for half a day (just a number of hours). I was not even provided with sufficient feedback, given the opportunity to improve or provided with any support or encouragement , instead I had the misfortune of working under a negative team leader who seemed to look down upon new recruits like myself.I attempted to understand this seemingly rash dismissal by discussing it with another team leader (who was the one who fired me). This team leader responded by informing me that she had “fired people within minutes before” (said as if it was supposed to make me feel better for lasting half a day before getting fired). This company evidently does not treat new recruits with respect and I suspect must has a high turnover rate. I would however like to acknowledge a select few people during the hiring process and via zoom orientation who were pleasant to engage with. However, the team leaders, who new recruits are subjected to work with on a daily basis, in my experience are horrible and they are the ones who have the power to fire you on whim after one bad day (or hour) on the job. I would recommend not opting to work -

Pros

Cons

Bad team leaders

Learn, raise awareness and inspire

Working as a fundraiser at Oxfam has allowed me to sharpen my communication skills and learn how to engage with people to make an incredible impact for a global cause I care about. The team is young, energetic and supportive. Our shared passion for advocacy creates a fun, collaborative environment allowing us to learn from each other. On a typical day, we raise awareness of the organization’s work, goals and provide resources to potential donors. Our responsibility is to secure donations that support Oxfam projects globally. We mainly work outdoors so it is important to dress appropriately (check the weather) and manage your energy to work efficiently.

Salary is well earned.

This is a super challenging job. It's a constant grind that requires being extremely outgoing and self-motivated. It's not uncommon for longtime employees to go a week or more with no results, so the audition period is very hard to pass. This will only be sustainable for you in the long term if you can handle 35+ rejections to your face a day; occasionally going a few weeks with virtually no success and the high-performance expectations. If you're cut out for this, you'll gain a meaningful career; a massively supportive office; a super high starting wage; unfathomable charisma and grit. The short-term experience is good enough that ANYBODY currently working for less than 18 an hour should at least do their bank account a favour and give this job a shot.

Pros

High starting wage, plenty of corporate support, office parties, flexibility, accommodating management

Cons

extreme motivation drain

terrible

Sorry but this job was not my cup of tea. Very poor work and not enough hours. Pushed too hard and very rude Co workers and boss. Never again. Sorry...

Cons

terrible service and coworkers

The working with OXFAM its fascinating

I volunteered to work for Oxfam Online Shop as an administrative assistant during my study. The workplace is great and provide me great benefits in the future.

Pros

Good experience, friendly people

Culture clanique et environnement de travail très convivial

Organisme sans but lucratif, j'y ai travaillé dans le cadre d'un projet. Très bon environnement de travail propres aux OBNL. Bons rapports humains, respects et assistance mutuels. Horaires flexibles. On s'amuse en travaillant.

Pros

esprit de famille

great experience

Great people and experience. Management very welcoming. I loved working there because rules and regulations were straight forward.

Pros

Good lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3