Overwaitea Food Group Employee Reviews

not my ideal employment position
BC VQA Wine Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 March 2018
I prefer not to expand except to say my position had involvement only within the VQA Wine department that went through 2 bad & unexperienced team leads while I was there.
Pros
Beautiful organized store, great upper management staff
Cons
reduced staff, disorganization in wine department
Organised Work place
Customer Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 February 2018
I liked the the way it treat employees. No conflict in working schedule. Provide enough training to the Employees. Neat and clean work environment. One of the best place to work.
Pros
Work ethicks
Cons
not retaining staffs.
good work place
Starbucks Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 February 2018
Was a good place to work with tons of option to advance within the company. Management teams are always willing to help out. Lots of room for advancing
Pros
Union Job
It is a productive work environment with a lot of learning opportunities
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
Its a great starting place and learning experience but management and salaries need improvement. If staff is paid more you attract a much more responsible type of employees and it will drive a harder working attitude, managers are very hit and miss, some very approachable and understanding some not so much, needs work.
Fun team work
loss prevention officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 January 2018
I worked as a Loss Prevention Officer with the company and enjoyed working with a team of uniformed and plain-clothes or undercover loss prevention officers. It is an enjoyable work environment and the salaries are competent as well.
Very generic workplace with break area.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 December 2017
A typical day at work was standing at the counter helping customers. I was the person who had to clean up the backroom after selling hours were over. I learned how to estimate the weight of many products and also how to clean efficiently.Management was fine and the workplace culture was mainly Asian. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the backroom since it took about 1 and 1/2 hours to fully clean up all the scraps. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling products and communicating to the customers.
Pros
Breaktime
Cons
Late Shifts
great people but low pay and boring
Front End and Restaurant Cap Bar Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2017
As a cashier it was really boring because there wasn't a lot of customers most of the time and a lot of the customers were really fussy and picky but the managers and people there are really nice
Average
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2017
Average work environment. Have to watch pay cheques, regular mistakes, have to fight for appropriate wage. Benefits good compared to other places. Staff, a bit political.
Easy way to terminate your life
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 August 2017
A typical work day for me normally starts at 4 or 4:30 pm. Almost everyday I have to stay until 10 or 10:30. It is much more physical than working in any retail store. You have to pack for almost 4 hours and sort bags into heavy bins. For 6-hours work, you got 15 mins break. You'd better eat cold food cause you do not have enough time to microwave your lunch. I work 4 nights and one morning. Work/Life balance? Eat, sleep, pharmacy, then repeat. The management pretend not to know our hard work and sweat. Most of my co-workers have injuries. My boss is very stubborn and he will blame you 99 times on small issues but never give you approval and acknowledgement. What will you learn? You will easily forget what you learned in school because everything here is scanned by gun. You work like a robot with mechanical action. The rule here is No talking, No wasting time, No music, Keep working till last minute. We do not have sick leaves. Our salary is not competitive at all.

If you have endless energy and want to kill time with boring work, come here to work on the line in the warehouse. Harder than other warehouse work, less paid than cashier.
Pros
Call in Sick is easy. Boss likes it. He can save money and push work.
Cons
Everything above.
Stressful store. Low Morale
General Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC18 July 2017
The management in my former store forgot how to treat employees like people, and would often ignore issues that needed dealing with. As always with customer service, there is the frustration of dealing with the public
Okay place to work
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC13 July 2017
Not alot of life to work balence, managment is rough definelty needs some work, employees are great fun and upbeat to be around. Favrotism happens for sure with Im the management team
Is a great ro be place and amazing team stuff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC3 July 2017
I enjoyed working there and would love to do so again is entertaining because there is always something to do either help a costumer or stack up shelfs and label marketings on the back
Pros
Learn to interact with people
Cons
Not such a great paycheques
Great work,
Personal Delivery Assistant (PDA) (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC15 June 2017
The workplace culture was not terrible, as a PDA (personal delivery assistant) I was on my own with little to no contact with the other drivers, unless we were loading/unloading at the same time. The customers were always happy to see us. That part makes the job great. Coming from many years in the customer service industry, this was a nice change of pace for me.
Pros
Fresh Air, driving, learning new areas in the city.
Cons
Very poor communication with Support.
Workplace corrupt sometimes
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 May 2017
I used to want to work there, I hate going to work there because of how I'm treated, I don't get enough hours, harassment and manager irresponsibility takes place. Not enough information between mangment and employees sometimes I have no clue what's going on within my store this makes customer service difficult. Not enough notice before shifts, not enough training in specific departments.
Pros
Good relationship with co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours, management is bad, communication within the store is lacking
Friendly, helpful and courteous respectful management.
Wine Merchandiser. (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 May 2017
Good day,
I have only worked for the OFG for 3 weeks; however, I have begun to appreciate the family atmosphere, respect and guanine helpful ideology of the staff and management in my store.
I would recommend the OFG to anyone who wants to work in a close knit work place where there is little drama.
Productive place to work
Loss prevention assor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 May 2017
I had to greet customers and make sure no one stole from the store, and if any problems happened i was to inform management. Great staff and loved it.
Great trusted company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
Working for Overwaitea was a pleasure. Their views align very well with my own, that customers ALWAYS come first. I was also part of a union with them which was a new experience for me and it made me feel like part of a family, and like I always had someone to turn to if anything were to arise.

A typical day at work was actually very physical as a grocery store cashier. Most of our customers at this specific location were elderly and very talkative so I enjoyed the relationships I was able to make with our regulars.

I learned the value of having benefits, a company that cares for it's employees, as well as one of my most memorable experience at a work place ever: assisting an elderly lady that had a heart attack in my line up. My first aid training came in handy, and my ability to stay calm and collected in an otherwise terrifying situation.
Pros
Great company
Great company
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 February 2017
-Dynamic team mix
-Good work/life balance
-Large private company with a a long-standing corporate culture
-Great comprehensive benefits
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
N/a
Fun
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
A day at work was surveying the customers that interacted with the store to prevent theft both large and small. Even stopped employee theft rings. The job also involved a lot of work with the Edmonton Police and RCMP of the Edmonton and Northern Alberta regions.
Good company but unique corporate culture
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2016
Good company with strong growth prospects as they expanded further East. Work balance in general is reasonable with heavy periods as would be expected with any retailer. New employees and their ideas are often not well accepted. Most office staff have been with the organization 10 - 35 years, as they grow they are starting to hire outside the organization for more industry expertise, but because most office staff have only ever worked for Overwaitea they are very resistant to new ideas that could bring more efficiency. People are friendly but not interested in making new friends at the office.
Pros
Good work life balance, growth company
Cons
poor internal communication