Overwaitea Food Group

Overwaitea Food Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

I probably would be leaving a completely different review if it weren't for Covid-19. However, working here was stressful due to the inconsistency in cleaning and sanitization protocols/efforts. Only people allowed to wear masks are the cashiers.

Worst Place I have ever worked.

Male Department Managers make Female staff cry, daily. Store manager at the Dunbar-Southland's BC location, swears at employees in front of customers. You get to work overtime, but won't be paid for overtime. FoodSafe procedures are never followed. Management cares for Management, when you are just a clerk, you know it and are not allowed to forget it.Staff is always over worked, under valued, underappreciated. Staff turnover is HUGE.This is a thankless company who cares only for themselves. Our union UFCW, is there to protect Contract Members (long term employees). Not there for a new hire.I recommend running as far from this employer as humanly possible!

Pros

You get paid every week.

Cons

Everything in the review!!

Worst Place I have ever worked.

Pros

You get paid every week.

Cons

Everything in the review!!

not worth it

if you’re looking for a part time or full time job, don’t even bother applying here. Very much pick favourites and least favourites and are not flexible AT ALL. There are much better jobs out there for you

Family Friendly

It was friendly environment. They treated me like a part of the family. I was able to learn and had a place for advancement. I was only in there as a cashier but was also trained in other departments including in the Customer Service.

ok.

it's ok. if you like been overworked and underpaid. two different worker contracts and unfair division of labour can and have caused issues between staff. Managers don't know anything.

Fun workplace

Fun workplace in a small town. Management is very transparent and there's always opportunity to improve. Managers empowers team members to make their own decisions.

Stay away, run as fast as you can

Management are very rude and dont allow you to have a say into any ideas about displays and kill your drive and creativity, a very strong bullying and toxic work enviroment

Wonderful

All round lovely place to work, great benefits packages, flexible hours, great training for all the staff, and work perks. I truly miss working for this company.

Pros

Work perks

Cons

Itchy shirts.

Awful

Short shifts, inconsistent, lazy dispatch, rude customers, shoppers are incompetent and have you waiting.. Management picks favorites and theirs no chance to advance. You are supposed to get an interview for open posts but they dont even follow own policy - they hand pick

Productive workplace but management was harsh

A typical day was 4-8 hours and hectic. I learnt how to use a cash register and how to take criticism and use it with my work. Management was often rude. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on customers faces as they left.

Pros

Nice break room

Cons

Management was often rude

Worker Bee

Good company to work for and stay. Culture seems to be getting worse. The hours and benefits are good. People actually care about you and don't treat you like a number.

Fun place to work.

Overall Nice work environment.Work in on a scheduled shift reach for your project file,using all the needed resources for success provided by the company,follow a laid down policies to execute your task.At the end of each shift maintain the minimum required standard so the next user can have a hitch free work day.

Pros

You have your company provided Personal Van to work independently.

Good Workplace

Was a good job for people wanting to enter workforce for first time. But for older employees it can be repetitive and low paying. Would be nice if they could give discount to employees.

Pros

Free food

Cons

low pay

Large company with many opportunities

Many retail locations Job advancement in many departments available Flexible work hours Student friendly Union and non-union jobs available Canadian owned

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Low base pay

Was a good place, now turbulent

Save On Foods is currently undertaking a MASSIVE refreshing of its main applications as part of its 5-year "Road Map" plan. Management is so-so and is receiving plenty of guidance from outside consulting teams. Prior to all this, the company was slow to embrace system changes dictated / required by the rapidly evolving marketplace and "fell behind." Now it's working very hard to catch up. Workplace demands are high and much is expected of everyone with higher levels of stress and performance being the norm. Competitive salary and benefits.

Pros

Good community spirit and support

Cons

Management will tell you its a great place to work. Not so anymore.

Had Fun

Worked with a pretty good bakery team so I had a lot of fun when I showed up to work and would sometimes be disappointed to leave. Christmas gets hectic though!

Pros

Working with the homies

Cons

When the lads leave work before you

Team was great Management horrible

No job security - poor wages - poor support from management - worst job I have ever had. Would never go back - would not recommend. Union also unsupportive

Dissapointing

Working at Overwaitea Food Group was not personally rewarding. My job was not what I was expecting. The wine department was more about stocking and inventory and not providing wine information to customers.

I enjoyed the people I worked with. I enjoyed both working as a team and independently. Very fast paced environment most of the time.

Customer service is top priority at Overwaitea and all of the staff delivers top notch. I learned how to operate a point of sale system and pack groceries. I learned how to rotate product and stock shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer to find what they were looking for and seeing that they were happy.

Pros

Great way to meet people in the community

Cons

Sunch random scheduling

Fun place to work and an amazing company to learn new skills at.

A typical work day for a cashier at Save on Foods would look something along the lines as: Complete transaction, help costumers find what they are looking for, and always Go The Extra Mile for them !!

Pros

Got to experience different types of costumers.

Cons

Long hours and a lot of standing.
  • Overwaitea Food Group