Overhaul Ventures

Overhaul Ventures Employee Review

View all Overhaul Ventures reviews

All Work No Play
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2019
They entice you with a 4 on 4 off schedule and bonuses then expect you to work 12-13 hours a day with only allowing a 30minute break. They expect you to be on call 24/7 365. 0 leniency for anything and during my short tenure I saw the dispatchers change weekly the office staff whining about every one and drivers being hired and fired on a whim, while shop staff does halfassed maintenance.
Pros
Cons
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019

All negative comments made are by a disgruntled former employee who agreed to the policy and requirements under a thorough interview and training process and then would not honour them.We unfortunately could not offer him employment anymore as his fellow employees do follow the policy and understand what the rules and direction is upon hiring, all drivers are paid the same and held to the same standards regardless of tenure.

Other Overhaul Ventures Employee Reviews

life style
mechanic (Current Employee) –  shop19 March 2020
work hours allow me to have an outside life around work, earn enough money to have a decent lifestyle and all bills paid on time. management is always there to help you out no matter what it may be, great place to work.
Good company to drive for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 March 2020
Interview process was upfront and transparent. The driving test I was nervous, but was all about care and control. They provided all information for my runs; set me up with drivers to shadow in the beginning...some better than others. But that is to be expected. They have 24hr dispatch coverage; which makes me comfortable. If I need any help/support - they are there.
Good equipment, well maintained, and run good tires...better than any other trucking company I have worked for. Management is open to listen to you and answer questions. Some awesome fellow drivers here; and like any place of work - there are a few not so nice ones.
Its a highway trucking job; hardest part is dealing with road conditions and idiots on the road...like any Hwy driving job.
The 4day on/off rotation is excellent...only work half the year. Lots of time available with my family. They run contract - so I know I always have a run when I am scheduled to work. No seniority; we all do same job and have to follow same protocols...I like this.
No touch freight is great; unloading at stores can take time - but some receivers are better than others. We all know that.
There are drivers in their 60's, 70's here and you can learn from them - Shows me I can retire here...no labor in having to on-load/off-load freight. I just watch for my own due diligence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overhaul Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9