Overhaul Ventures

Overhaul Ventures Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

They entice you with a 4 on 4 off schedule and bonuses then expect you to work 12-13 hours a day with only allowing a 30minute break. They expect you to be on call 24/7 365. 0 leniency for anything and during my short tenure I saw the dispatchers change weekly the office staff whining about every one and drivers being hired and fired on a whim, while shop staff does halfassed maintenance.
Pros
Cons
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019
All negative comments made are by a disgruntled former employee who agreed to the policy and requirements under a thorough interview and training process and then would not honour them.We unfortunately could not offer him employment anymore as his fellow employees do follow the policy and understand what the rules and direction is upon hiring, all drivers are paid the same and held to the same standards regardless of tenure.
They tell you, you will work 4 days on and 4 days off but it is company policy that on your 4 days off you are on call 24 hours for all 4 days. If they call you to work on your 4 days off and you refuse you will be fired. Very controlling management, to many rules, you are not allowed to sleep, you cannot stop for a break longer than 30 minutes, you cannot arrive at your destination early and the list goes on and on,
Pros
decent pay
Cons
you are expected to be available 24/7 365 days
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019
Drivers are required by the nature of a timed contracted Grocery load to ensure timely deliveries set out by the customer, there is adequate time to ensure deliveries are made and as with any highway driver there is long hours.You are placed on a 4on 4off for that reason,drivers generally work only 15 days a month and just over 6 months of the year. so a sacrifice is needed for your scheduled loads and your contracted shift for that amount of time off,Most highway drivers sleep in their trucks for up to 5-14 days away from home, the majority of Overhaul drivers are only sleeping in their trucks 2 nights out of every 12, as with any employment their is good and bad, if you need to make big money you may have to work more than 15 days a month or 6 months of the year.there is plenty of employment where you can sleep and stop where and when you want and all potential applicants understand our customers needs.We do not make the schedule, we honor it as our customer requests.