Overhaul Ventures

Overhaul Ventures Employee Reviews in Prince George, BC

Good company/well managed-schedule is awesome (4 on/4 off)- guaranteed wages & benefits- newer trucks, good mechanics. Compliance is expected / rules are lengthy.
Pros
Schedule, wages
Interview process was upfront and transparent. The driving test I was nervous, but was all about care and control. They provided all information for my runs; set me up with drivers to shadow in the beginning...some better than others. But that is to be expected. They have 24hr dispatch coverage; which makes me comfortable. If I need any help/support - they are there. Good equipment, well maintained, and run good tires...better than any other trucking company I have worked for. Management is open to listen to you and answer questions. Some awesome fellow drivers here; and like any place of work - there are a few not so nice ones. Its a highway trucking job; hardest part is dealing with road conditions and idiots on the road...like any Hwy driving job. The 4day on/off rotation is excellent...only work half the year. Lots of time available with my family. They run contract - so I know I always have a run when I am scheduled to work. No seniority; we all do same job and have to follow same protocols...I like this. No touch freight is great; unloading at stores can take time - but some receivers are better than others. We all know that. There are drivers in their 60's, 70's here and you can learn from them - Shows me I can retire here...no labor in having to on-load/off-load freight. I just watch for my own due diligence.
Pros
Life balance, Good earnings for half the year worked
Cons
Some receivers are slow
I am currently employed by Overhaul Ventures and spending the last 11 years working in TFI ran freight companies I can see the extreme difference in how a company can be run to have the employees best interests in mind. Overhaul Ventures, striving to be a top carrier in the industry offering a great Driver bonus program , with no touch freight as well full service shop and wash bay keep the equipment shiny and in great condition. At the fore front the GM brings 30+ years experience in the industry to the company providing a sharp focused direction for the future of the company and its staff combined.
Pros
Great work life balance
it is a great please to work great drivers to work with and office staff that will always help you and ezae to talk to. great dispatch always there to help. good wages and time off at home and opportunityfor extra work if you want it . been hear 4 years and very happy. geat equipment to work will.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
I find the management easy to get along with and seem willing to help you out. Have never had to argue about missing money or time. Hours are easy to manage with a few added perks. One of the best places I have worked
Its been over one year since I joined Overhaul. Great place to work. 4 day on 4 day off gives you a lot of time to spend with your loved ones which no other trucking jobs usually offer. If you have any questions any of our drivers or Staff will be happy to help you.I myself have really enjoyed working with Overhaul Great Company.In my 1 year of service I have been from Vancouver to the Okanagan and as far up as Prince Rupert. Prince George is my home base.Yes there has been ups and downs in my travels but what job is perfect.Come with Positive Attitude and the rest is Smooth Sailing.Easy to find all of the locations they provide. Option to have a Shadow if your really unsure.If 4 days is not enough there are extra shifts you can grab very flexible.The Trucks are good yes they have mileage on them they work 7 days a week. Any problems we write for our mechanics on repair board. All Major issues with our trucks they get sent to Shop where ever they are destined to for the work being done.Thanks
Pros
Work when others are on Breakup
This job is better than most driving jobs in that there is a 4 day on/4 day off work schedule, hauling no touch freight. They are strict on following HOS rules. You do not have to do anything to your truck - they wash it, etc.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
delays
In my personal experience as an employee at Overhaul Ventures Corp, I have found it to be an overall enjoyable workplace, with many friendly faces, and almost no sense of an unjust shop hierarchy. If you are willing to adapt and progress in the workplace than you will be treated kindly and respectfully by all team members, and have many helping hands when needed along the way. With a great workplace environment, as well as a great work / life balance, if you are looking for a company to help you fast track your career in the field of Commercial Transport Mechanics, I would without hesitation recommend Overhaul Ventures.
Pros
Friendly staff
I am the General Manager of Overhaul ventures, I currently supervise approx. 55 employees, this company is driven to change drivers actions and perception in the industry, Trucking is a super competitive industry and must be steered daily to stay profitable as well as efficient, We are run by drivers for drivers, we have optimal schedules for lifestyle and home time. we provide top equipment and guaranteed schedules, we evolve every year to stay ahead of change, damages, skidded tires and poor fuel efficiency impacts bottom lines and yearly wage increase, so as a team we strive to be better daily and all reap the rewards of our hard work. There is not seniority here, all drivers are paid the same and enjoy the same benefits and scheduling, driver who perform and show top qualities are eligible for up to $400 monthly in bonuses. The positions here are not for everyone , all employees are urged upon interview to understand our needs and policy and make the proper choice before entering into an agreement of employment. As a class 1 driver for 30 years I have enjoyed providing a great environment for those drivers who strive to be professional and learn how to be a Professional driver at the highest level. over the past 5 years, huge strides have been made to meet and exceed our goals set.it is awesome to work with fellow employees that see the future of class 1 drivers changing.Proffesionalism is back at Overhaul.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Drivers that do not understand the Industry or the costs to Truck
Overhaul ventures is a good shop to start learning how to become a mechanic. when starting I had minimal shop experience, but overhaul is willing to teach you as long as you are willing to learn. The management team is fair to work for.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Overhaul Ventures?
I have worked for Overhaul for 3 years, in that time they have always kept their word, they are safety minded, we ALL get new winter tires every year, no damaged trucks, 7 day a week truck washing and they even clean the insides!!who does that? I literally pick up my truck and drive...no unload or loading, pretty straight forward, that's what they told me. there is a lot of unhappy drivers everywhere, but maybe its them? so far i will retire with this company because there is no senority, no different pay we all get the same and treated the same, great runs too..no longhauls like my last job.
if you looking for a respectable company to work for , this is the place. overhaul is a company that is always aiming for safety. Always seem to have a good laugh with management . working for overhaul is a place where you feel like part of the family.
I worked there for a year and it was good but it I didn't care for my way or the hiway boot camp type thing.
Pros
Family time lots of sleep
Cons
Long hrs at night, army ran type thing.
Drivers are being asked for the favor runs and will run out of hours if they start their paper log books early. Numerous drivers fired on a regular basis for complaining that company is non-HOS complaint. If you like your license and want to follow the law, this company is not for you.
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
11 February 2021
100% ELD compliant as of January 2018, drivers who ran paper logs generally did not understand how to properly complete them.