Overhaul Ventures
Overhaul Ventures Employee Review

No work life balance to many rules

10 May 2019
They tell you, you will work 4 days on and 4 days off but it is company policy that on your 4 days off you are on call 24 hours for all 4 days. If they call you to work on your 4 days off and you refuse you will be fired. Very controlling management, to many rules, you are not allowed to sleep, you cannot stop for a break longer than 30 minutes, you cannot arrive at your destination early and the list goes on and on,
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
decent pay
Cons
you are expected to be available 24/7 365 days
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019
Drivers are required by the nature of a timed contracted Grocery load to ensure timely deliveries set out by the customer, there is adequate time to ensure deliveries are made and as with any highway driver there is long hours.You are placed on a 4on 4off for that reason,drivers generally work only 15 days a month and just over 6 months of the year. so a sacrifice is needed for your scheduled loads and your contracted shift for that amount of time off,Most highway drivers sleep in their trucks for up to 5-14 days away from home, the majority of Overhaul drivers are only sleeping in their trucks 2 nights out of every 12, as with any employment their is good and bad, if you need to make big money you may have to work more than 15 days a month or 6 months of the year.there is plenty of employment where you can sleep and stop where and when you want and all potential applicants understand our customers needs.We do not make the schedule, we honor it as our customer requests.
11 October 2020
Same role
Driver (Current Employee) - Kelowna, BC
this is one of the best companies to work for. I’ve never worked for a better place in my 42 year driving career . management is awsome. the job is easy and the people are great. 4 on 4 off work schedule is awsome. the pay is good. benefits are paid for by the company and not deducted from your check. personally I wish I had worked here 42 years ago when I started driving. I would have work the whole 42 years with this company. management treats you with respect and also as an equal. your not just employee here your considered part of the teem. If you want a good employment experience, work here. you won’t regret it.
21 September 2020
Same role
Driver (Current Employee) - Kelowna, BC
I’v been employed with overhaul for a year now running groceries nightly from van. to kelowna. the work pace schedule is easily reached without being stressful. I have 42 years professional driving experience and can honestly tell you that I wish I had worked all 42 years with this company. I’ve had my share of bad employers. in fact I’ve worked for mostly bad very demanding companies. Overhaul Ventures is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. This is a dream job that pays some of the best wages in the industry. The management here at overhaul are all very professional and are more than willing to lend an ear for any concerns their drivers might have. I find the company’s policies and procedures to be very reasonable. overhaul’s goal is to be one of the top carriers in the industry and it shows. Their attitude towards professionalism is a breath of fresh air. I would definitely rather work for a company that cares about their employees image and not only companies image within the industry. If you work for overhaul as a driver you will be respected from other trucking company’s as a top driver with a professional attitude. I definitely recommend working for overhaul. I don’t have a bad thing to say about this company.
Pros
excellent pay, 4 on 4 off work life balance
27 May 2019
Same roleSame location
Driver (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
They entice you with a 4 on 4 off schedule and bonuses then expect you to work 12-13 hours a day with only allowing a 30minute break. They expect you to be on call 24/7 365. 0 leniency for anything and during my short tenure I saw the dispatchers change weekly the office staff whining about every one and drivers being hired and fired on a whim, while shop staff does halfassed maintenance.
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019
All negative comments made are by a disgruntled former employee who agreed to the policy and requirements under a thorough interview and training process and then would not honour them.We unfortunately could not offer him employment anymore as his fellow employees do follow the policy and understand what the rules and direction is upon hiring, all drivers are paid the same and held to the same standards regardless of tenure.
  1. No work life balance to many rules