Overhaul Ventures
Overhaul Ventures Employee Review

great place to work

21 September 2020
I’v been employed with overhaul for a year now running groceries nightly from van. to kelowna. the work pace schedule is easily reached without being stressful. I have 42 years professional driving experience and can honestly tell you that I wish I had worked all 42 years with this company. I’ve had my share of bad employers. in fact I’ve worked for mostly bad very demanding companies. Overhaul Ventures is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. This is a dream job that pays some of the best wages in the industry. The management here at overhaul are all very professional and are more than willing to lend an ear for any concerns their drivers might have. I find the company’s policies and procedures to be very reasonable. overhaul’s goal is to be one of the top carriers in the industry and it shows. Their attitude towards professionalism is a breath of fresh air. I would definitely rather work for a company that cares about their employees image and not only companies image within the industry. If you work for overhaul as a driver you will be respected from other trucking company’s as a top driver with a professional attitude. I definitely recommend working for overhaul. I don’t have a bad thing to say about this company.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
excellent pay, 4 on 4 off work life balance
11 October 2020
Same roleSame location
Driver (Current Employee) - Kelowna, BC
this is one of the best companies to work for. I’ve never worked for a better place in my 42 year driving career . management is awsome. the job is easy and the people are great. 4 on 4 off work schedule is awsome. the pay is good. benefits are paid for by the company and not deducted from your check. personally I wish I had worked here 42 years ago when I started driving. I would have work the whole 42 years with this company. management treats you with respect and also as an equal. your not just employee here your considered part of the teem. If you want a good employment experience, work here. you won’t regret it.
11 September 2020
Same role
Driver (Current Employee) - Prince George, BC
Interview process was upfront and transparent. The driving test I was nervous, but was all about care and control. They provided all information for my runs; set me up with drivers to shadow in the beginning...some better than others. But that is to be expected. They have 24hr dispatch coverage; which makes me comfortable. If I need any help/support - they are there. Good equipment, well maintained, and run good tires...better than any other trucking company I have worked for. Management is open to listen to you and answer questions. Some awesome fellow drivers here; and like any place of work - there are a few not so nice ones. Its a highway trucking job; hardest part is dealing with road conditions and idiots on the road...like any Hwy driving job. The 4day on/off rotation is excellent...only work half the year. Lots of time available with my family. They run contract - so I know I always have a run when I am scheduled to work. No seniority; we all do same job and have to follow same protocols...I like this. No touch freight is great; unloading at stores can take time - but some receivers are better than others. We all know that. There are drivers in their 60's, 70's here and you can learn from them - Shows me I can retire here...no labor in having to on-load/off-load freight. I just watch for my own due diligence.
Pros
Life balance, Good earnings for half the year worked
Cons
Some receivers are slow
10 September 2020
Same role
Driver (Current Employee) - Prince George, BC
it is a great please to work great drivers to work with and office staff that will always help you and ezae to talk to. great dispatch always there to help. good wages and time off at home and opportunityfor extra work if you want it . been hear 4 years and very happy. geat equipment to work will.
Pros
great working environment