Overhaul Ventures
Overhaul Ventures Employee Review

good starting point for a career.

28 May 2020
Overhaul ventures is a good shop to start learning how to become a mechanic. when starting I had minimal shop experience, but overhaul is willing to teach you as long as you are willing to learn. The management team is fair to work for.
4.0Job security/advancement
19 March 2020
Same role
mechanic (Current Employee) - shop
work hours allow me to have an outside life around work, earn enough money to have a decent lifestyle and all bills paid on time. management is always there to help you out no matter what it may be, great place to work.
16 February 2021
Same location
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Current Employee) - Prince George, BC
Good company/well managed-schedule is awesome (4 on/4 off)- guaranteed wages & benefits- newer trucks, good mechanics. Compliance is expected / rules are lengthy.
Pros
Schedule, wages
11 September 2020
Same location
Driver (Current Employee) - Prince George, BC
Interview process was upfront and transparent. The driving test I was nervous, but was all about care and control. They provided all information for my runs; set me up with drivers to shadow in the beginning...some better than others. But that is to be expected. They have 24hr dispatch coverage; which makes me comfortable. If I need any help/support - they are there. Good equipment, well maintained, and run good tires...better than any other trucking company I have worked for. Management is open to listen to you and answer questions. Some awesome fellow drivers here; and like any place of work - there are a few not so nice ones. Its a highway trucking job; hardest part is dealing with road conditions and idiots on the road...like any Hwy driving job. The 4day on/off rotation is excellent...only work half the year. Lots of time available with my family. They run contract - so I know I always have a run when I am scheduled to work. No seniority; we all do same job and have to follow same protocols...I like this. No touch freight is great; unloading at stores can take time - but some receivers are better than others. We all know that. There are drivers in their 60's, 70's here and you can learn from them - Shows me I can retire here...no labor in having to on-load/off-load freight. I just watch for my own due diligence.
Pros
Life balance, Good earnings for half the year worked
Cons
Some receivers are slow
  1. good starting point for a career.