Overhaul Ventures

Overhaul Ventures Employee Reviews

I worked there for a year and it was good but it I didn't care for my way or the hiway boot camp type thing.
Pros
Family time lots of sleep
Cons
Long hrs at night, army ran type thing.
honest, good equipment, good enviroment
I have worked for Overhaul for 3 years, in that time they have always kept their word, they are safety minded, we ALL get new winter tires every year, no damaged trucks, 7 day a week truck washing and they even clean the insides!!who does that? I literally pick up my truck and drive...no unload or loading, pretty straight forward, that's what they told me. there is a lot of unhappy drivers everywhere, but maybe its them?
so far i will retire with this company because there is no senority, no different pay we all get the same and treated the same, great runs too..no longhauls like my last job.
Promise everything receive nothing
Horrible place to work long hours bad equipment don’t care for you or your safety demands overtime without compensation one day you’re the good guy next you’re written up promise to care but clearly don’t extremely stressful 14 to 16 hour runs no touch freight is a lie you have to assist with unloading pay works out to be 20 dollars an hour no overtime
great team to work for
if you looking for a respectable company to work for , this is the place.
overhaul is a company that is always aiming for safety.

Always seem to have a good laugh with management .

working for overhaul is a place where you feel like part of the family.
All Work No Play
They entice you with a 4 on 4 off schedule and bonuses then expect you to work 12-13 hours a day with only allowing a 30minute break. They expect you to be on call 24/7 365. 0 leniency for anything and during my short tenure I saw the dispatchers change weekly the office staff whining about every one and drivers being hired and fired on a whim, while shop staff does halfassed maintenance.
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019
All negative comments made are by a disgruntled former employee who agreed to the policy and requirements under a thorough interview and training process and then would not honour them.We unfortunately could not offer him employment anymore as his fellow employees do follow the policy and understand what the rules and direction is upon hiring, all drivers are paid the same and held to the same standards regardless of tenure.
No work life balance to many rules
They tell you, you will work 4 days on and 4 days off but it is company policy that on your 4 days off you are on call 24 hours for all 4 days. If they call you to work on your 4 days off and you refuse you will be fired. Very controlling management, to many rules, you are not allowed to sleep, you cannot stop for a break longer than 30 minutes, you cannot arrive at your destination early and the list goes on and on,
Pros
decent pay
Cons
you are expected to be available 24/7 365 days
Official response from Overhaul Ventures
26 June 2019
Drivers are required by the nature of a timed contracted Grocery load to ensure timely deliveries set out by the customer, there is adequate time to ensure deliveries are made and as with any highway driver there is long hours.You are placed on a 4on 4off for that reason,drivers generally work only 15 days a month and just over 6 months of the year. so a sacrifice is needed for your scheduled loads and your contracted shift for that amount of time off,Most highway drivers sleep in their trucks for up to 5-14 days away from home, the majority of Overhaul drivers are only sleeping in their trucks 2 nights out of every 12, as with any employment their is good and bad, if you need to make big money you may have to work more than 15 days a month or 6 months of the year.there is plenty of employment where you can sleep and stop where and when you want and all potential applicants understand our customers needs.We do not make the schedule, we honor it as our customer requests.
Non HOS Complaint
Drivers are being asked for the favor runs and will run out of hours if they start their paper log books early. Numerous drivers fired on a regular basis for complaining that company is non-HOS complaint. If you like your license and want to follow the law, this company is not for you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overhaul Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4