Outland Camps

Outland Camps Employee Reviews

Busy place to work, ok but the pay isn't great

No overtime pay, 12 hour shifts.$16/ hour. 11 hours 77 hours in seven days.Min two weeks stay.They make you sign contract that could keep you longer up to four weeks. And yet no over time pay.Remote isolated camp.

Pros

Free meals, private bedroom, transportation covered by company.

Cons

Remote, isolated, no over time pay, 12 hour days, seven days a week, two weeks min.

Terrible

Outland Camps is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for!! No room for advancement! They bring in people who are completely unqualified for positions and just throw them in! Constantly have to monitor your paycheck as you don’t always get paid for your work! No communication with office at all! Transfer & find out about work last minute! Work you to the bone! With no recognition of the work you have done! Constantly picking up the slack of others, yet company still retains employees! Drugs & Alcohol a constant problem, yet employees always brought back! If your a hard worker, you will constantly be taken advantage of!

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Work Atmosphere

Productive and enjoyable

I miss working with Outland. I enjoyed the experience and the staff and clients are friendly. The food is delicious and the rooms are cozy. The camp is awesome.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and active positions are available all the time.

A nice camp with a great crew to work with.The camp provides a recreational facility and a fitness room for off hours.The rooms provided have television sets with cable.Wifi is available.

Pros

Food and accommodations is taken care of

Cons

No overtime pay till you reach 170 hours.

OUTLAND is a good place to work, If it wasn't for OUTLAND hiring me during COVID Idont know where I would be, So I strive to do the best I can. Thank you OUTLAND

Pros

Good pay, Good hours, Very understanding.

Cons

Could pay for travel time as it takes an entire day to gwt to work sites.

Fun workplace

Wish I could Continue working and cooking in a fast pace work environment but. Considering the Global pandemic and the Safety for ourselves we were let go due to COVID -19.

productive and professional workplace, days go by fast!

Didn't spend much time there but enjoyed my time, learned a lot and would work for Outland any time any where ,must be willing and able to leave family and loved ones for long periods of time, with a 2 weeks on two weeks off or three weeks on three weeks off schedule

Pros

decent salary

Cons

not much benefits

Employés sous payer

Expérience très negative, taux à l’hectare qui n’a pas changé depuis de nombreuses années ex: années 90. 500,00 l’hectare et aujourd’hui 500,00 encore!!!!

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Employeur qui ne pence qu’à ses profits au dépend de ses employés

very fun

although my time there wasn't that long due to personal reasons, I overall enjoyed my time there and salary I received for my hours were more than i expected, Look forward in working with this company again soon.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Good company to work for.

I met lots of good people and seen some beautiful places. You get to meet lots of people from all over. You also get an opportunity to learn different jobs connected to camp life. Also you get to see alot of different places in remote parts of Canada.

Pros

meet lotsof people

Cons

long hours and speration from family

Lack of communication between District Management to field workers.

Western Outland much better than Eastern Outland, but in the Western...if field management doesn't care for you, you are gone. If you don't want to be at the bottom of the slippery pole...stay home.

Pros

too few to name here.

Cons

too many to name here.

n/o

j ai travaille avec ouland camp ca fait lentemps en as passe des bonne momoment.

Alot more has to be done

I take pride in my work but the majority of the employees are totally lazy..office HR is clueless of there positions..hiring just about anyone ..not understandable at all Setting up camps just perfect n have someone totally destroy your hard work in 10 days just for you to start all over again..👏

Stressful, uncooperative

I worked at the white river OUTLAND camp, overall i would never go back. Myself i had a awful time with management, my manager expected too much out of the staff, with herself taking 30 min- 1 hour smoke breaks and left stuff that needed to get done to the very little staff that we had. she continually asked to much. When someone confronted her about asking too much, you got meet with anger and resentment. When you had a issue with a room that you had to clean, you take it to the manager and usually nothing got done about the issue. Like once a guy continually kept peeing in a bottle that got on his sheets (that you have to clean) and leaves it all for you to clean up, and nothing got done about it for weeks. The only good thing i have too add is the coworkers. i had many amazing coworkers they were so friendly with myself, and the mine workers. You get a great relationship with your coworkers and the mine workers.

great coworkers, managment is spotty

Management determines the type of work place you work in, as i have seen great managers and really bad ones in this company. As I worked nights I rarely dealt with them and had a great co workers. Typical camp life, your coworkers determine how your work experience is, from great to disastrous.

bon salaire mais mauvaise gestion

Chacun travail pour soi. Personne ne prendre a cœur les clients et les projets.

Productive and fun placetowork

it was a fast aced place to work, team work was essential, to get through the work day. Everyone got along great, maybe the hardestpart of the job was to get up early but in the long run well worth it.

My job for Outland camps

I found working for this outfit to be rewarding and beneficial. Management acknowledged any concerns and dealt with them in the appropriate manner. Good for you

Pros

Steady rotation

Cons

Stressful situation

General helper

Good experience. Fun fast paced energetic people . Your busy 24 /7 and it was a great experience in all . Staff was relaxed but professional and I would recommend them .

fun workplace

i worked here for a summer as a youth ranger with there aboriginal program i loved it, 6 weeks in the bush got to meet people make friends and gain knowledge on tree planting

Nice place to work

Nice place to work.great co workers and good managers. Competitive wages and great advancement in the company.A pleasant and fun place to work with great friends and working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outland Camps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement