Our Place Peel

Our Place Peel Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
productivity
typical day is getting shift change ,housekeeping and possibly talking with the youth. I learned to patient.
I did not accept management way of things and changes out of the blue. at the workplace we had various culture working and servicing. the hardest part of the job was feeling alone and having no support from management and CEO.

The most enjoyable part is knowing you were making a difference in someone life through talking, food and laughter and encouraging words.
Pros
You know you were helping someone in need
Cons
benefit package not good, not a team, poor management
Staff really want peers to succeed so exceptionally helpful
Great staff who are always willing to help. The youth are open to working with staff because the team is so supportive and encouraging.

Not a punitive environment at all and this approach supports an honest relationship with youth. Very progressive with respect to considering the influence of mental health psychopathology in the absence of medical intervention.

This agency really wants to meet youth "where they are at" and because of this; constantly full.

Awesome transitional program. This is a 6 bed program and the youth are working toward independence and really do make great gains. They have multiple supports and the positive shifts are obvious!
Pros
Excellent team rapport, working together to create success for staff and clients.
Cons
More collaboration from management to
Youth Outreach Worker
i was given an opportunity to gain experience working with youth from many different backgrounds. Also gained experience in case management and connected and built repor with many different community service agencies in Peel.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Our Place Peel. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7