Ottawa Humane Society Employee Review

View all Ottawa Humane Society reviews

Pleasure to work at with always something new
Volunteering in Holding Canine Enrichment Program (Current Employee) –  245 W Hunt Club Road Ottawa, ON14 February 2019
Training at the beginning is fair and you are expected to work independently afterwards for majority of your shift but staff is around to assist you if required as well as other co workers on your shift.

Expectation consist of not only walking the dogs but provided and implementing obedience training to the dogs, as well as enjoy some cuddle time! :)

Other Ottawa Humane Society Employee Reviews

Bureucracy... bullying... and puppies
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 July 2019
Managers and supervisors aren't leaders here and there's a manager for every single little thing.. they only care about making money and looking good and being bossy. Customers to them are just numbers on paper and managers and some supervisors use intimidation and fear to keep workers quiet and treat them like enemies. Management blames staff for the weekly turnover but humiliates staff in front of customers.. union unhelpful. Pays good and fur cuddles are nice.. Keep your head down you'll be okay...if not you'll be depressed and burn out very quick.
Pros
Animals, nice team, pays good
Cons
Managers and supervisors are bullies and there's weekly turnover of staff
Your job is what you make of it!
Animal care (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 April 2019
I’ve been working there for a decade. I love it. Staff is great, including management. I’ve never had a problem going to my boss for help and for any issues. I think people that complain about management are the ones who are too intimidated to actually speak to them. We are all people and we have the same goal at OHS.
Whether you want to work there as a career or “just a job”, you get what you put in. The hard workers who are humble and compassionate really show.
Great place.
Pros
Flexible shifts, cross training intedepartments, friendly and caring staff
Cons
Can be long hours, seasonally stressful/ high volume of animals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ottawa Humane Society. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8