Ottawa Catholic School Board Management reviews

Amazing Experience
"In-Class Tutor" (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2018
Staff is welcoming and friendly, everyday i walk into work with a big smile on my face looking forward to a new day, everyone is so willing to help each other out and management is respectful and understanding of it's workers.
If you have a disability no chance of job advancement and very discriminatory
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
Have worked for 30+ years and the whole time was very tough on my disability which caused many recurrences of bad health. My disability caused me to miss time and therefore was never given the chance to succeed properly. In fact, they increased my workload in comparison to others in the same position to try to get me to quit and they did this over the last 15 years. My first choice as a taxpayer would be to amalgamate the 2 Ottawa boards as it's very well known that the public board treats their employees much much better. Have had many chances to bring a human rights claim against them but had to bite my tongue to keep supporting my family. The board gives success pins to everyone at 20 years 25 years and 30 years...I never got one. The board gives a retirement watch but probably not to me. Extremely discriminatory workplace.
Pros
Shorter summer work days
Cons
If you're not into giving lip service you'll never get anywhere
Progressive catholic school board with clear christian values.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON16 May 2018
A student-first board that actively looks to promote christian values as they encourage the mission of developping the 21st century learner in Ottawa.
Good place to work just not enough hours
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
I liked working with the kids. It was difficult doing split shift with only 5 hours a day. Management does their best to insure a work life balace for the staff.
Amazing environment to work in
EDP Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nepean, Ontario11 October 2015
Amazing management and support given to their employees. It is a work place that you would truly love to grow and excel in. The job is rewarding and fulfilling.
Cons
Short Hours
Hands-On Cleaning/Fixing Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2013
A normal day would consist of thorough cleaning of a section of a school or office building, and sometimes small repairs.
Pros
fun, safe work
Cons
very strict management
Its a fun place to be and hardworkers in the job placement
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 July 2012
My typicial day at work everyday is awsome and great I got to meet nice people and friendly workers. This is what i learned i learned how to clean sweep and do all the stuff custodian has to learn to be Abble to do it indepentely. Their Management Is pretty great they are really responsible in what they do and really Accurate with other workers in the buliding. My hardest part of the job is that i dont know to use the automatic floor cleaning machine. I never had an enjoyable time in parts of the cleaning job its just fine and ok to work with them again. I dont know any thing about my co- workers.