OTT Financial Group

OTT Financial Group Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Effective sales strategies and excellent customer services
I assisted marketing manager to arrange different topics of seminars to attack new business.
I also invited existing client to join the semiars.
They hire employees for just a project or short term and fire.
I was hired for a project(I didn't know it at the first place) and they pushed me finishing faster( I have to do work overtime)and then fired me. also, some new employees hired as a permanent but when they don't need them anymore they tried to change them as a contract.
Pros
free coffee, some people are nice.
Cons
hard to reach the place by public transit, almost all people speak mandarin, all decision by the boss.
Official response from OTT Financial Group
29 March 2019
Thank you for your review!

Regarding your comment on being pushed to finish faster... I would say that in general, our working environment is very dynamic, fast-paced, and evolving in order to keep up with our demanding client needs. Meeting deadlines is part of the everyday life at OTT as is at all other companies. Employees are always encouraged to speak up if they have issues or concerns as we are always willing to hear employees out and try our best to accommodate in every which way possible.

It is implied in your review that employees "have to work overtime"; however, this is not the case. Overtime is only worked if the employee is willing and able of course.

Some of our employees are on contracts; however, the contracts are renewable and include benefits and vacation, along with all the other benefits that typical full-time employees have.

Further to your comment on "almost all people speak mandarin", please know that all employee communication, meetings, presentations, etc.is in the English language.

Hope this helps!
A good chance to practice myself
OTT provided me with a totally new chance to work in Canada. Within this internship, I met different kinds of people and had the opportunities to communicate with them about their needs, problems and tried to solve the difficulties by the side of a professional analyst.
It's a place for someone who has a big ambition. No work and life balance at all.
This company is doing both traditional financial services and present online financial services. It is a fast growing company and is quite promising. Employees will do everything if needed so that you can learn a lot. However, there is no work and life balance at all. People need to be good at coping with enormous stress. Better to command mandarin if you want to work in this company. You start with a one-month non-paid training.
Pros
Can learn everything
Cons
Extraordinarily long hours, chaos of management, Minimum paid
Official response from OTT Financial Group
29 March 2019
Thank you for your review!

Regarding your comment on "no work and life balance at all", this may be an overstatement. In general, there is always an abundance of workload; however, we also want employees to enjoy a healthy life balance and would expect employees to have self-management over this. We have an on-site gym which we offer to all our employees as well which some employees use on a regular basis.

Regarding your comment on coping with stress, I would agree that everyone needs to develop and maintain a healthy mechanism to deal with stress in all areas of life, and would hope that if it becomes too stressful, that employees will speak up and allow us to help manage it. We have an open door policy which allows employees to open up about any concerns. If we are aware, then we can help employees out in this regard of course.

Regarding our one-month management training, it is worth mentioning that this is the type of training that others would gladly pay to receive and which we offer free of charge to candidates to give them an opportunity. If the candidate does not successfully complete the training, OTT will gladly pay the candidate for their time during the training.

Regarding your comment on "chaos of management", please know that we have a high regard for employees to be self-disciplined and expect employees to work under minimum supervision, as opposed to being micromanaged, which is the preferred management style.

Regarding your comment on "minimum paid", please know that in light of the most recent Employment Law changes which froze minimum wage, OTT
 - more...
Nice people
Friend environment, nice people to work with. Help each other to grow. Would be better with management and clear task assigns.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTT Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4