OTG Management Employee Reviews

This place tricks you into slavery
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2019
100% underpaid for working any position. I was a cashier for a couple of months but i also did the job of a server, barista, food runner, food prep, dishwasher and promoting guests to make purchases. ALSO, the ceo would come around every day and tell us to VACCUM AND SWEEP the premises of the restaurants and do our job at the same time. As if there aren’t already GTAA housekeepers hired for that job specifically. $14/h and zero appreciation for this job is an absolute joke. It’s close to slave labour. You can’t even leave your position to use the washroom or you’ll lose a sale. Undignified, under appreciated, and soul-sucking environment. The crew is also rude and unfriendly, there is too much gossip and drama that goes around. Nobody has privacy. The only reason I worked there was because I was In between jobs until i found something more sensible. I WOULD NOT recommend working for this company to anyone. Unless you have seniority, you are good as garbage. The managers don’t give a flying care about you or your needs. The scheduling staff doesn’t even like doing they’re job. The lead once wrote in the group chat the he “was stressed and shouldn’t be bothered until the end of the week”. HOW PROFESSIONAL!!!!! Ugly and traumatizing experience overall.
Thank you otg for ruining my time at Pearson Airport. I will see you again in my nightmares.
Pros
Working in the airport
Cons
Everything.
Dont go here Bad sous Chef
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 November 2018
First they are nice, then after few weeks you just want to quit.=(Environment, management, Chef, and workplace) If you dont believe me, go see it for yourself.
Fun environment but lazy staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2018
Half of the staff are poorly trained or just lazy so you're constantly having to clean up after them. While the iPads are great, servers are supposed to still help people and provide a restaurant experience which rarely happens. Unfortunate because the best part of that job was talking to travellers.

Managers, while generally okay, are managing multiple restaurants so they're rarely around.
okay
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON3 May 2018
worked at the airport with a raic which was fun and a good learning experience for interacting with different people every single day of the year. decent job.
Draining place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON7 April 2018
Be prepared to have no life working the 6pm-2am shift time. You are exhausted very easily. I gave management a 4 because they are barely around. Often sit in other gates chatting among each other. Scheduling is done in bids, so you have a 5 minute time slot to choose your schedule for the next 4 months. When you are starting off, the chances of getting morning and afternoon shifts are slim to none, many coworkers shared waiting almost a YEAR to get morning shifts as they are in high demand. Having to work this job during school is difficult. Most coworkers have an availability of 2 days a week and pick up shift here and there because its easier to pick them up than it is to give them away. Management will not arrange for shifts to be covered on your behalf. OTG is always hiring because a lot of people quit often. They don't care about you, you are replaceable to them. Parking is $113 monthly and a weekly union fee that both come out of your pay. 2 Weeks worth of unnecessary back and forth before the job begins. A lot of standing around. Scheduling is horrible hours at the beginning. Not worth the hassle. There are plenty of better jobs around at the airport..
Pros
65% discount on food
Cons
Long security clearance, back and forth for orientation, no formal training.
fun workplace
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto on12 January 2018
need spend lots times walk to work place 14 lift in airport。40mins after u arrived airport walk to work place。pay is normal and manager is good if u luck
Great place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
Otg offers a wide range of job opportunities in a fast paced inviroment. You will
Meet a lot of interesting people as they travel three the airport. Never a dull moment
the team is great
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
working for otg is a really good stepping tone in the to the restaurant industry. they invest time in training and guiding you to becoming a well educated chef...they pride themselves on safety first and all in all its a good work expierence.... the downside....you are over worked and under paid
Pros
evryone is so much fun to work with
Cons
overworked and underpaid
An ok place to work
Market Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
A typical day at work starts from 3:30 am in the morning until 1:30 am
I learned management techniques from my ex-manager
Management needs to pull their socks and learn how to manage people. Higher Management people don't have the right skills for the job.
Work culture is fine.
Multi-cultural
Lead Utility (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 June 2017
Fast paced airport environment plus the strict rules of security makes work more disciplinary.
Improved communication skills as interaction is with people around the globe
Fun Work Place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
I like to work there. All my co workers are very supportive and helpful. Management is also pretty good. My main reason to quit the job there is that I moved to Calgary.
great place to work if you want to be in the food industry
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
work was okay. Got to learn how to prepare ingredients and make certain dishes, the co-workers were the best part about this job, but management wasn't the best
Workplace Culture
Customer Service - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
From what I've seen so far the people are nice, everyone gets along. If you have a complaint you have someone to go to and tell (surpervisor/manager). Every worker is really proud to be an OTG employee as well.
nice place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
OTG management is nice place to work with good working atmosphere. cooperative management and online scheduling applications helps to pick and drop shifts easily.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
the work place is okay at first but eventually they will show you how awful some of them. they need to improve how they take care of the employee.

they can appreciate you as long as it benefits them.
Pros
okay with the payment
Cons
too much back stabbing, and pulling you down and kicking you under bus
The airport environment was the best part of the job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
To start off a shift you have to scramble to find a locker if youre lucky then you have to punch in. Then you work on shipments that come in and try to fit things on crammed shelves and walkin fridge/freezers. Then if you can find a mop you have to clean up the storage area. Then you go upstairs to the departures level and stock the markets. Its not for everyone but you can make it worth your while if youre focused on your personal big picture goal.
Pros
Airport environment, meet and see different types of people
Cons
No appreciation, communication breakdowns
An alright job
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON15 November 2016
Flexibility is the best part about the job. Management staff is lacking and constantly changing. Co workers are amazing they are the best part of the job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Unfair to workers
Worst job ever
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
The management of this company is beyond horrible, they are the most inconsiderate team of people i've ever had to work for. I worked as an utility worker for 3 months and honestly i'd have an anxiety attack before going to work each time because honestly they expect you to do a 3 person job, and there is no gratitude or help from the management. They never have people on-call which is pathetic...it's the airport. I was hired for full time which lasted a week or two then after that I got like two or one shift a week. just by far the most unorganized job ive ever worked at. I wouldnt suggest anyone to work here....warehouse jobs are better than this trust me!
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
management
cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2016
i love working at otg management but management and team work was very poor back then when i was working there. dont know if things change now.
fun place to work
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 July 2016
its was fun place to work but they did,nt gave me shift according to schedule & people gave less attention towards work because they did not have any super vision on them.although i have learned alot from that company working with people from different origin.
Pros
free food
Cons
less shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTG Management. Our community is ready to answer.

OTG Management Reviews by Location