Osmow's
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Osmow's Management reviews

Canada66 reviews
Their turnover is high. No stability or job security. Management is way too in to themselves. No concern for pay increase for warehouse staff. Bonuses is only given to upper management
Pros
Free sample of garlic sauce. Bonus year end.
Cons
Long hours, Expect to work evenings, No proper job responsibility, Insufficient training.
Unprofessional. Company is run like a 'mom & pop shop' not like a corporation. Not interested in high health & safety standards; will do the bare minimum when required or until it affects them legally. Low sanitation standards. High favoritism in workplace culture. Low integrity in pay and attitude towards hard-working and committed employees. Cheap with company partners, training new franchisees, contractors, office cleanliness, employee safety, meat & produce etc, list goes on! Will disregard customer or employee complaints until it threatens company. Offers no direction or structure to employees. They are only interested increasing popularity of their brand, not in safe or efficient regulation standards.
Pros
Sometimes free food from meat plant.
Cons
Free food will make you sick. Don't eat it!
Terrible overstaffed work environment. Was left alone to run the establishment while still being a trainee. No first aid kit on site. They figure some cream and bandaids to be adequate. Please do not work here the management is not only poor but cruel to all employees. Was literally told to serve customers old meat and hide it with sauce.
Pros
Making food
Cons
Just about everything
The problem is that most of the employees just choose what they want to do and there are few who have to pick up the slack. The employers are conscientious good people.
I wouldn't recommend working here. Management was not amazing. Very unprofessional. Stressful environment which made coming to work feel like a chore.
working with the management is fine. i am not satisfied with there salary.
low working hours . but the team members are good and team workers.

my saliry is not enough as per my work.
Fast paced environment, friendly co workers, good food. Learned about time management. Hardest part of the job was cutting produce and re stocking condiments and toppings.
Management is great and they always give me as many hours as I need.
The free food is a great bonus too.

It usually gets super busy on weekends which I really like, it can be a little stressful to keep up with but I like the challenge.
- learned how to collaborate with others
- management is rude at times
- learned how to make rice and chicken and serve it
Osmows lack structure and proper management. The level of inexpertise is evident in all spheres of work life, such as scheduling, payroll and the roles and responsibilities of each staff. Therefore a typical day at work can be disorganized and confusing. There would be one person telling me to do something and while doing it, another person would tell me to do something else. They also prefer to work with persons from their own nationality. I felt do out of place.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lacks structure and good management
The owner of the company is very caring and understanding towards the workers. The management needs improvement. It was easy to pick up on the world.
I worked at osmows at the waterloo location. Owners don’t care about the company, rather dish off the blame on others rather than their managerial qualifications. Instead of looking at what might not be bringing business in for example... location or lack of training that was handed.... they are fixated on how clean this place looks. At the end of the day that location is a ship with no captain. By far the worst place I have work at. Not to mention they took away free lunches and at one point we’re taking 30 min break out of a 4.5 hour shift.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Working there
This was one of my favourite jobs. I loved the atmosphere and the work was easy but tiring. Hours were amazing at my location, no problems there. However, I had fallen ill and had gone to the hospital and was not permitted to leave due to my medical history. I had no way to contact my work but as soon as I had gotten out of the hospital which was about 2 days later, I quickly wrote an email apologizing and explaining my situation. They never got back to me after that. I was actually really upset, this was a job I had liked and I wish they had written SOMETHING back to me. I no longer work there because of that. I found it unprofessional that they hadn't even written back anything. I guess they were upset because I didn't say anything either but at the time I had no way to contact them and my work was not my top priority, my health was. Other than that, at work management was always super nice to me and made sure I was comfortable. It was just that situation that made me realize they didn't really care about me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tiring work
Personally, I enjoyed working the morning/day time shift at my particular location because it was very busy and fast paced at lunch time. My usual shift started around 10:30 and ended at 5. The work itself was relatively easy to do; taking orders, putting together simple food items, cleaning up, filling the drinks fridge, nothing difficult. If you're interested in this job though, you have to be willing to deal with all types of people. It's a customer service job at the end of the day so you never know who's walking through that door and you have to be prepared to deal with that person the best way you can while making sure everything runs smoothly. As far as management and workplace culture go, it all depends on who's hiring you, who's working with you, and your personality. You won't get along with everybody but that's like every work place.
Pros
Free Lunch depending on the location
Cons
Not very permanent
No training and was let go after like 2 days, terrible management and never got my paycheck. Would not recommend working here. They care more about money then their employees
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Terrible management
Very stressful, the manager was very cheap and complained about everything. A very fake and toxic environment to work in considering the manager never cared about the workers
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, not nice
-Worked busy days everyday.
-coworkers didnt like me for no reason.

-Management is terrible, he doesnt know how to run a job.
-Lunch breaks were the best part.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad managment
I learnt a lot about how a kitchen works. The management is very helpful and friendly. Every one encourages to learn more and push us to do our best. The hardest part would only be that it is a hectic job, but the best part would be meeting new people. Everyday is different.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Hectic
I would take and make the orders. l learned how to make shawarmas and different plates that go along with Mediterranean cuisine. The management team personally was lacking standard expections of a management team. The worst part about the job was how none hygienic they where and the most enjoyable part was making the shawarmas.
Management is 3 people that own the store 2 of them are nice people the last one is rude, decent hours, minimum wage pay, boring job, late on paycheques,
Pros
free lunches
osmows is horrible they dont pay every two weeks your pay check is constantly late and they expect alot of work from and they dont pay the amount that your entitle two as an experience worker
Pros
manager is cool
Cons
horrible pay dont pay on time