Osmow's Employee Reviews

Great place for customer service experience
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 August 2019
it's a great place to earn experience even when starting out, the tasks are simple and not complicated which makes it a great place to start if you're looking for your first job
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced
good work place, good people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 July 2019
this job was a goo life experience where i could work with the public and help work as part of a team. I had many good experiences and enjoyed learning and growing.
uncomfortable working environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 July 2019
they fired me because i called in sick as i was contagious and knew it was unsafe to be around food. if you don't share the same culture as them you WILL NOT be treated the same.
Pros
free meal
it was okay
Cashier/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2019
i was fired for basically no reason of being a trainee, i found the people really nice, for those who are going to wrk there, make sure you pay attention and know how to cash.
Pros
paid breaks/lunches
Cons
overwhelming but good
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 June 2019
Best working place in very friendly environment around the yummy and tasteful food,
Company is very serious about customer service and food quality or quantity
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
Disorganized.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 June 2019
Worked here for a few hours, then left. Totally disorganized. She didn't even recognize me when I came in for my first shift, despite the fact that she offered me the job three days prior. She then proceeded to throw me on the grill without any training during a busy dinner rush. I tried to ask the guy next to me if I was doing things correctly, but he didn't seem to know, either. They didn't take my direct deposit information, or even so much as show me where the first aid station was. Totally unprofessional.

The funny thing was, she warned me multiple times that this would be a fast paced job, and they need someone to be able to cope with those conditions. Sadly, she clearly failed to realize that SHE was the one making it more difficult than it needed to be. Not the customers.
Lack of trained and competent leaders
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 May 2019
Osmows lack structure and proper management. The level of inexpertise is evident in all spheres of work life, such as scheduling, payroll and the roles and responsibilities of each staff. Therefore a typical day at work can be disorganized and confusing. There would be one person telling me to do something and while doing it, another person would tell me to do something else. They also prefer to work with persons from their own nationality. I felt do out of place.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lacks structure and good management
Good workplace with a chance for growth
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2019
The owner of the company is very caring and understanding towards the workers. The management needs improvement. It was easy to pick up on the world.
Owners are lazy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 May 2019
I worked at osmows at the waterloo location. Owners don’t care about the company, rather dish off the blame on others rather than their managerial qualifications. Instead of looking at what might not be bringing business in for example... location or lack of training that was handed.... they are fixated on how clean this place looks. At the end of the day that location is a ship with no captain. By far the worst place I have work at. Not to mention they took away free lunches and at one point we’re taking 30 min break out of a 4.5 hour shift.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Working there
Fun workplace, weird managment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 April 2019
This was one of my favourite jobs. I loved the atmosphere and the work was easy but tiring. Hours were amazing at my location, no problems there. However, I had fallen ill and had gone to the hospital and was not permitted to leave due to my medical history. I had no way to contact my work but as soon as I had gotten out of the hospital which was about 2 days later, I quickly wrote an email apologizing and explaining my situation. They never got back to me after that. I was actually really upset, this was a job I had liked and I wish they had written SOMETHING back to me. I no longer work there because of that. I found it unprofessional that they hadn't even written back anything. I guess they were upset because I didn't say anything either but at the time I had no way to contact them and my work was not my top priority, my health was. Other than that, at work management was always super nice to me and made sure I was comfortable. It was just that situation that made me realize they didn't really care about me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tiring work
Nice place good food
Cashier / Food / Dishes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2019
It is a great place to work if you need quick work. You need a lot of patience. You need to be prepared to be asked to stay longer, it is based on the amount of costumers that day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extended hours
Decent Part-time position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2019
Personally, I enjoyed working the morning/day time shift at my particular location because it was very busy and fast paced at lunch time. My usual shift started around 10:30 and ended at 5. The work itself was relatively easy to do; taking orders, putting together simple food items, cleaning up, filling the drinks fridge, nothing difficult. If you're interested in this job though, you have to be willing to deal with all types of people. It's a customer service job at the end of the day so you never know who's walking through that door and you have to be prepared to deal with that person the best way you can while making sure everything runs smoothly. As far as management and workplace culture go, it all depends on who's hiring you, who's working with you, and your personality. You won't get along with everybody but that's like every work place.
Pros
Free Lunch depending on the location
Cons
Not very permanent
decent experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 March 2019
works are friendly, fun to make your own food, can get very busy at times. youd have to be able to handle heavy duty work like cutting chicken on a grill.
Good atmosphere and productive workplace.
Customer Service (Cashier/Order Taker) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2019
Not very busy, managers are friendly, workplace is tidy with welcoming atmosphere. Slightly complicated cash register system, family work environment.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner
Cons
Short hours, late paychecks, late notice for shifts
people were nice, job was extremely stressful
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2019
The employees were nice, although some did not know how to speak English. The pay was good. location was very small. Overall negative experience. do not recommend at all.
My first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2019
Osmows was my very first job were I experienced how to work with others to achieve one goal. Team members were great back then and I definitely miss them all
Overall friendly environment and great staff
Part-Time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 January 2019
Although the job setting was sometimes unorganized the managers made sure everybody was on task and knew their job with meetings, I have learned that I can memorize multiple menu options and get the hold of preparing food fast. The hardest part about this job was doing both cash and helping out with food when big rushes would come. The most enjoyable thing about this job was hands down the employees and managers everyone there had a good relationship and it made the working environment comfortable to work in!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
over staffed
Good work
cashier or kitchen (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2018
Good environment
Different people of different culture
Good payroll
More hours
too much pressure on work
busy environment
good place of work
good place to eat
Pros
More hours
Cons
more stress
Terrible management, no training
Grill (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON29 November 2018
No training and was let go after like 2 days, terrible management and never got my paycheck. Would not recommend working here. They care more about money then their employees
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Terrible management
Worst Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON28 November 2018
Very stressful, the manager was very cheap and complained about everything. A very fake and toxic environment to work in considering the manager never cared about the workers
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, not nice