OSL Retail Services Inc

OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Great team and management very understanding

Featured review

OSL Retail Services Inc selected this as a representative review
10/10 team work 10/10 people skills 10/10 understanding 10/10 benefits and incentives 10/10 company care and flexibility 10/10 higher management 10/10 competitive wages 10/10 opportunity to move up Give it a shot, the grass is greener on this side! :)

17 March 2020
Hey there, we really do believe in our people, and are proud to be one of Canada's Best Managed Companies 3 years running! When we say, “Great people doing greater things, every day" we mean it! Thanks for leaving us a 5-star review!

Has no respect for employees

Save yourself and run! There are a horrible company to work for. The pay out is not good you have not opportunity to make commissions with the structure that they have

Pros

Cons

Commissions structure is awful

14 September 2021
Hello, thank you for sharing your review with us. We take these concerns seriously and would like to connect directly to better understand the situation and investigate further. Could you please give us a call at 1-877-694-7675? Thank you - we hope to hear from you soon!

Good growth but pay doesnt justify the effort they expect.

Osl is good company to work at. But relationship with retail store they work and with osl is bad in most cases. And in-store management seem to be struggling with it on-going bases. And Dm and other management refuses to do anything and puts everything on in store managers to fixes. Instead of focusing on bigger issue to resolve these issues throughout the district. Plus alot of turnover. District management team is a joke. Too cooperate, pretend to care but dont care and there is 0 work life balance. You are expected to be respond back 24hrs. Even on days off.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Less pay for the amount of effort required.

10 September 2021
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review with us! It's great to know your overall impression was positive and we also appreciate your insights into where we could focus our efforts to do better. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and all the best on your next adventure!

Environnemen nocif

Suivi des activités par une tablette au 15 minutes

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Suivi constant

30 August 2021
Bonjour, et merci d'avoir pris le temps de partager votre avis. Nous sommes désolés d'apprendre votre expérience et nous allons examiner ces questions de plus près. Merci encore!

Terrible place

I worked with OSL from June to august and when I quit I ran. I was told it was a full time position however always left with only 29 hours per week. If the store has no gift card offers on phones customers don’t want a device but the company will write you up if your not selling. When you work for OSL your also working in the electronics department constantly paging Walmart associates to return to the department, answering questions from Walmart shoppers not regarding cell phones constantly etc. be prepared to be a Walmart employee even though your not. OSL mentions serious income potential but it’s only a potential and not a guarantee. You get pushed around from upper management and when you stand up for yourself you get ignored. They force you to work overtime and say “ tough luck” when you refuse. I highly recommend staying away from this place.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, bad hours

20 August 2021
Hello there, and thank you for taking time to connect. We're very much disappointed to hear about the experience you've described. Please know that we take these concerns seriously and will be investigating these matters further. Take care and all the best to you on your next adventure!

Engaging and Rewarding experience

A relatively simple job, very fun and enjoyable. Consists of the assembly of bicycles, tricycles, BBQ's, and more. You will work alone so I personally suggest a set of ear buds aswell as some snacks before your shift begins to make it go by quicker.

Pros

Friensly environment, and close to lots of lunch options

9 August 2021
Hey there, and thank you for adding such a great review to your assembly line! We're really thrilled to hear you're finding your place in our #OSLFamily rewarding, fun and overall super enjoyable. Your tips to stay amped on the job are also appreciated (sharing the pro insights reads to us as though you're out to support fellow teammates - love it!). All this to say, we're so glad to have you with us and keep up the awesome work!

Convenient at times, local teams are good.

Not a great place to work long term. Management make a lot of promises in terms of upward promotions in the company that can be realized, they make these promises to everyone and their is no recourse from upper management about this which obviously breeds resentment. Upper management also will not stand up for you diifficult situations involving health hazards/refusing dangerous situations.

Pros

Cell phone discount

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement, non-existent HR department, difficult to get full time hours

22 July 2021
Hello, and thank you for connecting. We take these concerns seriously and would greatly appreciate if you could please send us an email to info@oslrs.com as soon as possible. Thank you again, we hope to hear from you soon!

Poorly managed, poor attitude and petty

The summary really says it all. Management can’t handle disputes without causing a ruckus on the sales floor in front of customers. There is no office where you can privately discuss professional matters. They have an obvious sense of superiority to the point of them constantly feeling the need to talk down to you and threaten your job status. They have no sense of leadership and responsibility which is made especially apparent through their lack of communication. If you aren’t feeling well or can’t make it in to your shift; any other job in the world would be understanding and find coverage for you and your shift and downplay it as no big deal. Not with this company. They require you to ask literally everyone you work with if they can cover your shift, you know, doing the work the manager is supposed to do. Extremely unprofessional from the very beginning right until the very end. Not a very good job experience but I guess that is the retail experience. I just didn’t expect it from both sides of the counter.

Pros

Small discount

Cons

Too many to list

22 July 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking time to connect. It's truly disappointing that your experience doesn't seem to have matched expectations all around. We appreciate the concerns you've noted, please know that they are heard and being taken seriously. Thank you again and we wish you all the best on your next adventure!

Zero training and very long hours

Osl pays the least commission of any cell phone company all while also having the highest sales targets which they will also remind you to push 10 times a day even when you are in a lockdown and they express the feeing that “sales don’t matter” you get 0 training for your job and are overworked and expected to work extra (up to 70 hours a week) while not getting paid anything past 40 hours, stay far away

Pros

Discount on phone plan

Cons

No training, terrible management and long hours

9 July 2021
Hello, thank you for sharing your review with us. Although our pay structure (base pay + commission) is competitive, we are very disappointed to hear that your experience did not otherwise meet expectations. Please know that we take these concerns seriously and will be looking into these matters. Thank you again, and all the best on your next adventure!

Environnement malsain , trop de pression

Si vous ne faites pas de vente , vous ne valez rien .

Pros

Bonne assurance maladie après 3 mois

Cons

Super stressant

20 May 2021
Bonjour, merci de nous avoir écrit. OSL est une entreprise axée sur les personnes et nous sommes vraiment déçus d'apprendre que vous avez vécu une expérience comme ça. Nous vous souhaitons le meilleur.

Jobs at OSL Retail Services Inc

See more jobs

Poor all around

OSL with almost every program lacks proper job training, provides poor leadership, and is no where near close to competitive in regards to pay and reimbursement. The wireless program has the worst commission payout of any banner, and the bell field sales program pays out every 2 weeks on a graduated commission structure, making it next to impossible to achieve the top multiplier. If you can manage to overlook all this, the on boarding process is pain as there seems to be a clear lack of communication between the program supervisors and the recruitment team. There is a reason the programs have such a high turnover and are constantly hiring. This is a good company for you if you don’t care and just want to rock up and get paid. Don’t expect to be taught any transferable skills.

Pros

Discounted services (offered by any provider you work for)

Cons

Lack of training, lack of leadership, poor pay

18 May 2021
Hi there and thanks for connecting. We believe OSL is a people-driven place supported by great opportunities and teamwork - it's truly disappointing to hear this was not your experience. Your feedback and insights are appreciated and we wish you all the best on your next adventure.

They look out for their employees

I cannot be more grateful to OSL when the Covid-19 pandemic hit as they kept us in payroll for several months until they figured out a temporary assignment . They increased our base salary and we were fairly paid while working from home .Great managers , great support from team mates .

Pros

Take care of their employees, Fair pay, fun environment

Cons

Too much hiring and firing .

23 April 2021
Hi there and thank you SO much - we sure do love to see those 5 stars! Your shout-out about pay is awesome and we especially get all the feels from your mention of the support you had all around - this is truly what the #OSLFamily is about. All the best to you on your next adventure!

A clear Example of toxic work environment

My experience backs to Samsung sales store in metrotown. Not only there was no proper training but also you are blamed in case of asking questions. The culture of the store is the clear example of toxic work environment with lots of humiliation and bullyingsDo not even try to work here, believed me

Pros

good wage

Cons

Poor Management, No training, toxic work environment, bullying, humiliations

14 April 2021
Hello and thank you so much for taking time to connect with us. We're quite concerned about the experience described in your review and would appreciate hearing from you directly so we can investigate these matters further. Could you please send us an email to info@oslrs.com? Thank you again - we hope to hear from you soon!

Environment tres agreable

Middle/ Top management comprehensibleGreat Environment to work

3 June 2021
Hello/bonjour and thank you for sharing your review with us! We are SO thrilled to read your shout out about the overall work environment and management chez #OSLFamily. Please know our door is always open anytime you'd like to connect. It's awesome to have you with us, keep up the great work - thank you/merci encore!

Manager and supervisor

It is a good company if they actually stuck by what they believe in! They need to do better training! They preach one image but portrayed a different one once working there!

1 April 2021
Hi there and thanks for taking time to connect. We're really disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations. Your feedback on where we could improve is heard and appreciated. Best of luck on your next adventure!

Can’t wait to leave.

Working here for just six months I have not been more eager to leave a workplace. Where you get paid very little for the amount that you do. And also the amount discomfort you’d feel when others speak another language in front of you and customers.

Pros

No breaks

26 March 2021
Hey there, thanks for taking time to connect with us. We're really concerned and would like to understand more about the situation you describe. Could you please send us an email to info@oslrs.com? Thank you again - we hope to hear from you soon!

Worthless Company

Don’t work here they don’t care about new employees not try to teach you about the process how to start work you are just standing on your shift and nobody is going to teach you anything. And manager don’t care about you if they hire new people they should need to teach you but they don’t so don’t waste your time here better to join better company I’m saying better company because managers and supervisors are two person who represent the company in front of new employees. Very bad experience.

Cons

Don’t have words to say so bad

1 March 2021
Hi there, thanks for sharing your review. At OSL we strive to offer a supportive environment where enthusiastic people can get the training and tools they need to excel. It's really disappointing to hear this wasn't your experience. All the best to you on your next adventure!

Amazing workplace

I was against going into sales again, after my last sales job, and when they assured me it was going to be fine, I gave it a shot, and so far, have not regretted it for the past 2 years I've worked here.

Pros

Great salary, hours, and rewards for doing a good job.

12 February 2021
Thank you so much for sharing those 5-stars and taking a chance with the #OSLFamily. Keep up the awesome work, we're super glad to have you with us and hope the next 2 years are just as amazing for you!

This is the worst company I have ever worked for

The people who run this company are absolutely incompetent. They will tell you how bad of a job you're doing and then when they find out it wasn't your fault at all, they brush it off and disregard it completely. If you ever speak the truth about any of their nonsense in a meeting you will be told that meetings are for positivity only. They expect you to bend to their every will and never step out of line. DO NOT WORK HERE. You'd be better off as a janitor in a slaughter house.

Pros

The management is so bad it's hilarious

Cons

Honestly way too many to list. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE

4 February 2021
Hello, thank you for connecting. We are extremely concerned about the experience you're describing. Could you please send us an email directly to info@oslrs.com so we can investigate these matters right away? Thank you again.

Not great

One of the lowest rates of pay in the cellular industry, high expectations, and bumbling upper management. Due to all OSL kiosks being located inside Walmart stores, you essentially default do doing whatever Walmart management asks, even if it contradicts what you're supposed to be doing according to OSL policies and procedures. If you buck against it at all, you get reprimanded by OSL upper management. Completely toxic work environment.

Pros

Lots of standing around time to do school work, etc.

Cons

Being in toxic walmart environment

2 February 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking time to connect. Although we do feel our pay structure (base pay + commission) is competitive, we're troubled by other factors you mention in your review. Could you please email us directly (info@oslrs.com) so we can get some details from you? We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate these matters. Thank you again, all the best to you on your next adventure!

Unorganized and disinterested management

I spent almost a year at OSL after spend prior years working at Walmart in the same position. While the coworkers were great management had no idea what they were doing and lacked any motivation or care to help improve the business.

Pros

Friendly co workers slow paced outside of Christmas

Cons

Terrible management

7 January 2021
Hi there! Thank you for taking time to connect with us. We love your shout-out to your teammates but are truly disappointed to hear that we weren't able to meet your expectations in other areas. We strive to offer an energetic and supportive environment and we'd appreciate hearing further insights from you as to where we could do better. Could you please send us an email directly to info@oslrs.com? Thank you again and all the best on your next adventure!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement