OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Trop agressif
Gérant (Former Employee) –  Québec Province3 March 2019
Quand les objectifs sont atteints tout va bien et c'est très agréable. Mais sinon le district manager demande à chaque jour beaucoup trop d'activation. Pour battre l'année d'avant il faut faire en moyenne 3 ou 4 activation...et bien on va nous en demander le double. Si on ne réussi pas l'objectif de la journée le directeur de district demande des feuilles avec le nom, le numéro de téléphone et la raison du refus de tout les clients avec qui on a parlé dans la journée. Au moin 4 par heure obligatoire. Et aussi de demander à la direction du Walmart leurs ventes de la journées pour que le directeur de district puisse s'en servir pour te comparer avec les autres succursales. Ca crée un environnement de stress et pousse les vendeur à être trop agressif avec les clients. Ca gache tous le plaisir du travail en plus de se faire appeler 4 fois par jour par le directeur de district (meme pendant nos jours de congé) pour nous demander si nous sommes ouvert et sinon pourquoi nous avons si peu d'activation. Dommage car la compagnie pourrait avoir beaucoup de potentiel mais à long terme leur réputation va se détériorer.
Pros
Salaire, avantage sociaux
Cons
Trop de pression qui poussent à être agressif dans les ventes
8 March 2019

Merci pour votre commentaire, nous vous remercions de partager votre expérience avec nous et comprenons qu’il n’est pas toujours facile d’être présent sur le plancher en magasin. Veuillez s'il vous plaît nous écrire à social@oslrs.com afin que nous puissions recueillir plus d'informations et les partager avec notre siège social. Merci!

excellent
Seasonal Walmart Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON22 February 2019
- comfortable envionment
- learned to draft documents, access legal documents
- excellent management and coworkers
- flexible work schedule
- adapting to different work experiece was hard at first coming from retail, but i adapted prety quickly
Pros
sale incentive
Cons
not flexible schedule
25 February 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate the feedback!

sales
Cell phone sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 February 2019
Learnt a lot about different successful sales tactics.
enjoyed my coworkers and loved my customers.
I liked creating relationships and finding what phones worked for the customers lifestyles
25 February 2019

Hey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you're having an awesome experience with us so far!

Friendliest yet professional work environment
Master Builder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 February 2019
Its been 7 months that I joined this company, from the word go my experience have been nothing but positive. I had opportunity to interact with the top regional management and found them to be very helpful and friendly and it certainly trickles down to the TLs and Store Managers. Its like a family of professionals encouraging and motivating each other, there might be some instances where some people might have some difficulties adjusting but I found those problems to be very individualistic in nature. As a whole its a wonderful company.
Pros
Great Management, wonderful work environment.
13 February 2019

Hey there, thanks for sharing a review with us! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're having such a positive experience so far!

Doesn't care about it's associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada, Quebec, South Shore7 February 2019
Wow where to start, the pressure in there is unreal. The managers don't give a rat's behind about you, to them your health of your feelings don't matter, they want numbers, the rest is not important. I just got news that i developed an intestinal disease and they would NOT give me time off. I was pale, i was losing an enormous amount of weight in very little time, i barely slept....but all that counted for them was that monthly objective.

Upper management is a clown's game. Not structured at all, couldn't properly train you, when your manager or district manager wasn't available, nobody else could help you.

District managers were so arrogant that when you called them because your manager and district team leaders weren't answering, he'd tell you that he had more important stuff to do and to try and reach your manager anyways. It was a quest to find someone to help you because they trained you for a week and expect you to stay alone during a shift and you knew everything. They actually think that their online courses are beneficial for employees when everybody is looking at their phone while pressing the "next" button.

For a 13$ an hour job its fine but dont try to make a career out of this. Horrible company
Pros
50% off phone bill
Cons
Extremely poor management
13 February 2019

Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. This isn't the OSL experience we'd like our employees to have. Could you send us an email outlining your store location, direct manager name and DM? We'd like to share this with our head office team for review. Please send to social@oslrs.com. Thank you!

Great environment
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2019
Great place to work, amazing top management
Appreciate hardworking
Very good Work environment
Flexible hours however I ‘d rather to work on a non shift basis as I am a mother of 3 kids
13 February 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Great Culture
regional sales representative (Former Employee) –  BC5 February 2019
I worked at OSL remotely in BC and found that even though I was far away from the head office I was part of the team. The managers I reported to during my time at OSL were amazing and I couldn't say enough good things about both of them as well as the support from HR and the IT team everyone was great.
Pros
amazing work environment and culture
Cons
no head office in the west to grow into management roles
7 February 2019

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback! Will share this with the team at head office. Thank you.

Horible company
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC15 January 2019
This company is the worst for wich I worked. I was fired because I was doing to much sales and my manager don't accept it because next year, we will loose his bonus ......
Pros
Facile à vendre
Cons
Pire compagnie !!
18 January 2019

Hi there, thanks for sharing a review with us. This doesn't sound like the OSL experience we want our employees to have. Could you send us an email to social@oslrs.com with your store location and manager name so we can review? Thank you!

Great company to work for
OSL BIKE CREW (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2019
I had the chance to work for OSL last year as a lead assembler building BBQ 'S ,Bikes and any thing they request from myself I have trained alot of associates and looking forward to this once again I'm really hoping they call me back this year as I have applied multiple time's just have not received any calls on the position as I'm not sure as when their season begins
Pros
Steady employment always a plus
18 January 2019

Hey there, thanks for sharing a review with us. We're glad you had such a positive experience. Look out for openings again this year, as we'll be looking for bike crew members again in the next few months!

Fun working place with great learning outcomes and good growth opportunities
sales (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 January 2019
Working as an sales associate in the wireless department it was an amazing experience with great learning that includes communications skills, building customer relationships as well as managing daily operations. the company also has high growth opportunities.
Pros
amazing working culture and flexible working hours with great compensation and benefits
18 January 2019

Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're glad you had such an awesome time working on our wireless team!

Want to know more about OSL Retail Services Inc?

Ask a question
Productive And Fun Place To Work
Talent Acquisition Specialist, North America (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
I recently joined the OSL family in the recruitment team and it is the best company I have ever worked for. Great management, great team and I enjoy coming into work. We need more organizations like this today.
Pros
Free cakes, trips, snacks and a positive atmosphere to work and grow your career.
Cons
My goal was to eat healthy when I joined the company, but that is not going to happen as there's so much food around you all the time.
24 December 2018

Hey there. Thanks for leaving us a review, we appreciate your feedback and are glad you're having an awesome time with us so far. Welcome to the team!

Easy to Learn
Sales Lead & Key Holder Walmart Wireless (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 December 2018
daily routine consist of same work every day. Management needs more focus on employee retention. Employee appraisal is a must and needs more space to grow with in the company
14 December 2018

Hey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If there's additional feedback you'd like to share, feel free to send us a note at social@oslrs.com.

Its a decent workplace
Walmart Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC6 December 2018
You spend the majority of your day talking to passing customers trying to reel them in for either a new phone or just to see if they have the best plan for them.
The slow days are pretty painful and tend to drag on. There are a lot of slow days (depends on location)
Pros
Great management and friendly staff. Benefits like dental, medical etc.
Cons
Lots of slow days
10 December 2018

Hey there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Very good company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
OSL retail services is an amazing company to work for. They primarily work as a 3rd party company for Walmart as far as I know. They handle Phones, they handled bikes but the contract expired, and now the photo lab. I highly reccomend checking this company out due to one district manager I had. Everyone you meet that works for the company is usually very nice and welcoming. Especially at the Northgate walmart location.
Pros
Meet new friends
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
29 October 2018

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your review with us. We appreciate the feedback and are glad you're having such a positive experience!

Very Good
Bike Salesman/Builder (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 October 2018
Very flexible and accommodating job. Very easy, fun and a great experience. I loved working with them very much and i hope to work with them again in the future!!
29 October 2018

Hey there, thanks for sharing your review with us! We have several open positions currently available. You can search for a posting by filtering your city here: https://bit.ly/2SszRdJ

Great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 October 2018
Great work atmosphere. Competitive pay. Great training. Leadership qorks with employees to make sure everyone succeeds. Lots of stores to work withing if you wanted more hours.
29 October 2018

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your OSL experience with us!

Interactive and lots of valuable information
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines4 October 2018
In this position you are do a lot of learning with regards to the different aspects of phones such as the technology, the carriers, & their plans. Management is really good, understanding, and help is always given when sought after. As just a sales rep, the pay could be a little better but some of the extra commission can help.
Pros
Good discount, always knowing the best deals about phones, great work environment
Cons
High expectations early, minimum wage, can be boring/slow at times
29 October 2018

Hey there! Thank you for leaving such a detailed review for us. We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing this with the team.

Great workplace with an amazing culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  St Catharines4 October 2018
I have worked with OSL since 2014 and I honestly can say that it is one of the best companies I have worked for. My district has an amazing culture and everyone helps each other out. There has been lots of room for growth in just the time I have been with OSL and still continues to grow very quickly. I also love getting to work with the newest phones and technology.
Pros
People, Culture, Management, Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Sometimes short staff
29 October 2018

Hey there! Thank you for leaving us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear your experience with the team is a positive one!

Travail plaisant dans un bon environnement de vente
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Outaouais, QC29 September 2018
J'adore le service client, donc j'ai été servi dans cet emploi.
Par contre , nous devons constamment mentionné aux clients de Walmart que nous sommes SEULEMENT pour les cellulaires. En revanche, nous avons beaucoup d'opportunité de prospection.
Souvent, les objectifs de vente sont vraiment irréalistes par rapport à l'achalandage.

Les horaires sont formidables,il est facile de s'organiser une vie personnelle remplie tout en ayant beaucoup d'heures au travail ainsi que des fin de semaine de congé.

J'ai eu la chance d'avoir une gérante exceptionnelle. Cependant, le gérant de district et les ressources humaines ne sont pas organisés et informés sur les normes de travail. J'ai eu beaucoup de problème de paye lors de ma grossesse et mon congé de maternité.
À mon avis, l'organisation est leur plus gros point faible.

Malheureusement, il n'y pas bcp d'opportunité d'avancement. C'est des petits kiosques, donc nous sommes limité en changement de poste puisqu'il y a seulement un gérant et des associées temps plein et temps partiel.
Pros
Rabais employé, horaires, salaires, avantages sociaux
Cons
organisation
Best culture ive seen, great workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2018
The osl culture is one of the best culture ive seen in a workplace, when the managing partner is talking to you as a colleague vs your boss it means everything, from ceo to director its all partnership and growth. Your feedback is listen too and you feel appreciated.
Pros
Great work culture and a lot of advancement
27 September 2018

Hey there, thanks for all the positive vibes! We're glad you're having such an awesome experience with us. Keep up the good work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.