OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Very good company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
OSL retail services is an amazing company to work for. They primarily work as a 3rd party company for Walmart as far as I know. They handle Phones, they handled bikes but the contract expired, and now the photo lab. I highly reccomend checking this company out due to one district manager I had. Everyone you meet that works for the company is usually very nice and welcoming. Especially at the Northgate walmart location.
Pros
Meet new friends
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
29 October 2018

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your review with us. We appreciate the feedback and are glad you're having such a positive experience!

Great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 October 2018
Great work atmosphere. Competitive pay. Great training. Leadership qorks with employees to make sure everyone succeeds. Lots of stores to work withing if you wanted more hours.
29 October 2018

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your OSL experience with us!

Interactive and lots of valuable information
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines4 October 2018
In this position you are do a lot of learning with regards to the different aspects of phones such as the technology, the carriers, & their plans. Management is really good, understanding, and help is always given when sought after. As just a sales rep, the pay could be a little better but some of the extra commission can help.
Pros
Good discount, always knowing the best deals about phones, great work environment
Cons
High expectations early, minimum wage, can be boring/slow at times
29 October 2018

Hey there! Thank you for leaving such a detailed review for us. We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing this with the team.

Great workplace with an amazing culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  St Catharines4 October 2018
I have worked with OSL since 2014 and I honestly can say that it is one of the best companies I have worked for. My district has an amazing culture and everyone helps each other out. There has been lots of room for growth in just the time I have been with OSL and still continues to grow very quickly. I also love getting to work with the newest phones and technology.
Pros
People, Culture, Management, Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Sometimes short staff
29 October 2018

Hey there! Thank you for leaving us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear your experience with the team is a positive one!

Travail plaisant dans un bon environnement de vente
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Outaouais, QC29 September 2018
J'adore le service client, donc j'ai été servi dans cet emploi.
Par contre , nous devons constamment mentionné aux clients de Walmart que nous sommes SEULEMENT pour les cellulaires. En revanche, nous avons beaucoup d'opportunité de prospection.
Souvent, les objectifs de vente sont vraiment irréalistes par rapport à l'achalandage.

Les horaires sont formidables,il est facile de s'organiser une vie personnelle remplie tout en ayant beaucoup d'heures au travail ainsi que des fin de semaine de congé.

J'ai eu la chance d'avoir une gérante exceptionnelle. Cependant, le gérant de district et les ressources humaines ne sont pas organisés et informés sur les normes de travail. J'ai eu beaucoup de problème de paye lors de ma grossesse et mon congé de maternité.
À mon avis, l'organisation est leur plus gros point faible.

Malheureusement, il n'y pas bcp d'opportunité d'avancement. C'est des petits kiosques, donc nous sommes limité en changement de poste puisqu'il y a seulement un gérant et des associées temps plein et temps partiel.
Pros
Rabais employé, horaires, salaires, avantages sociaux
Cons
organisation
Best culture ive seen, great workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2018
The osl culture is one of the best culture ive seen in a workplace, when the managing partner is talking to you as a colleague vs your boss it means everything, from ceo to director its all partnership and growth. Your feedback is listen too and you feel appreciated.
Pros
Great work culture and a lot of advancement
27 September 2018

Hey there, thanks for all the positive vibes! We're glad you're having such an awesome experience with us. Keep up the good work!

Bicycles Assembly
Bike Assembly (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 September 2018
Job consisted of assembling bicycles and helping to fit customers to the bike that best suited them.

Most enjoyable part of job was the interaction with customers especially children under the age of 12.
30 October 2018

Hey there, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback!

Amazing culture, opportunity for growth & development, fantastic team atmosphere!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 September 2018
OSL's motto is "Great people, doing great things, every day" and that really captures the company vision. This company truly cares about people and wants to see them succeed. It's not just a job, you want to come to work every day and reach your potential. The associates, managers and upper management are great people who support each other and work as a large team.
If you want a job full of opportunity, learning, growth potential, networking, perks, awesome people and an incredible culture - join OSL!
Pros
Culture, perks, commission, growth opportunities
Was a good experience
Sales Associate/Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2018
Good experience, they work you very hard! If you like the challenge and making money then I think this is very good experience and money for you if you’re in school.
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  2525 st clair ave west4 September 2018
It has been my second job similar to the old one with a better commission and more complicated stuff to learn but when you get used to it it's easy not that difficult.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Politics
Selling cell phones/plans at Walmart
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 September 2018
Overall I initially enjoyed the job. There are new phones and plan changes all the time so you have to be prepared to be constantly learning new information. It can be a steep learning curve initially but it gets easier the longer you do the job. It's a minimum wage job with commission.
You are working in a store within a store at Walmart which is good/bad. How busy or successful you are depends on the Walmart traffic and competitors in the area. The Walmart I worked at was not busy in the evenings which is when my availability was for so sometimes it was tough meeting my quotas but usually I surpassed them. If it was not busy in the store it was a long, boring shift but often I would stay busy by researching phones and reviewing plans. It was nice to work with another staff member but mostly I worked alone at my location. I typically had great managers who were very flexible and made things bearable. The staff at the Walmart were generally obnoxious and not helpful. I was even expected to help their electronics customers because the employees were hopeless.
They have a benefit plan available for part timers but you pay for it.
The Distric Managers and higher up were mostly former Future Shop staff who wanted us to be overly aggressive and didn't take into account Walmart shoppers are different from Future Shop customers. They started taking away commissions for accessories and the commissions for plans were not very lucrative. I left because I was too bored, I considered switching locations but overall the company wasn't being very realistic in its expectations
  more... so just got a better part time job elsewhere.  less
Pros
It's a great place to learn the ropes for the Telecom industry
Cons
Walmart environment can be toxic.
Great Place to Work.
Awesome commission.
Good Managers.
Perfect Locations.
Supporting culture.
Pros
Good Salary, Good Commission.
Cons
Long Hours, Stand Full Shift Hours
Nice company to work with
Marketing Associate of Bell Canada Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2018
Nice company to work with. Pay is little less. Otherwise management is very good. Timely payment, full support from company. Growth is little slow, if you work good then job security is there.
Better places to work than here
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario16 August 2018
District manager for GTA EAST is a Tyrant and a Bully. Way better wireless jobs with better pay and management out there. Don't waste your time here..
OSL Bike Crew - Best experience ever
Bike Crew (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2018
Extremely great company to work with! Working on the bikes are a lot of fun, especially communicating with the customers about the bike brands, the models and how they work, and building certain bikes for the customers upon request. The workers are really friendly as well, especially my manager! Getting there and back by bus is a piece of cake too! The only cons is that some days the bike racks are already full, or when they get full, the day is done. There are times where I work under 3 hours due to the racks being full already, therefore meaning minimal hours with no pay. But at the end of the day, experience is all that counts!
Pros
Tools provided to build, bus transportation
Cons
Minimal hours if bikes are already full
Get paid to do something you loath
Wireless Sales Associate, Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
Typical work day involves talking with customers about phones and plans with the wireless providers we service.

hardest part of the job is convincing people to buy a 2 year plan for a phone when all they really want is to purchase it at retail cost.
Potential To be great..
Walmart Wireless Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON7 August 2018
My time with OSL was fantastic despite many negative experiences. You gain experience in sales, wireless knowledge and have the ability to create your own salary with their commission based pay. However, near the end of my time with the company hours had been cut, pay raises were few and far between and I was stuck with a manager who was never held accountable for his short-comings.

Focus on yourself and don't allow them to have you do more than your job title describes or you'll find yourself stuff in a sales position and salary doing the managers work.
Pros
Commission, benefits, wireless discounts
Cons
bad hours, poor management, poor pay increase
Welcoming, team motivated, highly rewarding
Sales Associate - Retail Services for Walmart (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 July 2018
Besides helping customers who not always want what you have to sell, the atmosphere is something that needs to be created by you. OSL makes you feel like you're apart of a family, working together, with endless support everyday, from day one. There is room for growth and extra hours if willing to work.
Pros
Incentives, outings, bonuses
Cons
not being able to help everyone
Great career growth opportunity
Retail Services OSL Wireless Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 July 2018
Was a great opportunity career wise and I a substantial
learning curve. However there was no work life balance and with a young family, this was a crucial period for me to be with my children.

It is essentially a young company with unlimited potential, but required some ground work and challenged to be addressed before staff can shine.
Best entry-level job for the money, some pressure to meet sales quota.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 July 2018
Since this job pays minimum wage and commission on top of that, it's probably the best one may find in terms of a first job that pays well. It also gave me great sales experience and some other transferable skills. My manager was a little rough in terms of coaching methods, so the workplace always had a bit of undue pressure on me and I feel that it hindered my performance, but if you can get yourself a manager that knows how to be informative instead of intimidating, you can excel. That being said, upper management has never been what I consider to be unreasonable, and are always very clear in their expectations and helpful in teaching their associates how to meet those expectations.
Pros
great pay, great sales experience
Cons
stressful workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.