OSL Retail Services Inc
Happiness score is 54 out of 100
2.9 out of 5 stars.
Write a review

OSL Retail Services Inc: 398 Employee Reviews

Review this company
Job Title
All
Location
Canada398 reviews

Ratings by category

2.7Work-life balance

Sort by

HelpfulnessRatingDate
Found 398 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,180 reviews
walmartcommissionwirelesssalecarrierphonedistrictbike

Great team and management very understanding

Featured review

OSL Retail Services Inc selected this as a representative review
10/10 team work 10/10 people skills 10/10 understanding 10/10 benefits and incentives 10/10 company care and flexibility 10/10 higher management 10/10 competitive wages 10/10 opportunity to move up Give it a shot, the grass is greener on this side! :)
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

17 March 2020
Hey there, we really do believe in our people, and are proud to be one of Canada's Best Managed Companies 3 years running! When we say, “Great people doing greater things, every day" we mean it! Thanks for leaving us a 5-star review!

New company

A 10 year old company within a retail environment working within a walmart ( but not part of walmart ) a 3rd party vendor taking care of the electronics, wireless and photo sections, better pay when compared to other retailers.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

22 November 2022
Hi there, thank you for sharing your review! It's great to have you with us. The door is always open if there's anything we can do to better support you - keep up the awesome work, and thanks again!

Insights into OSL Retail Services Inc

Based on 162 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Déçus de l'augmentation, et injustice.

J'ai adoré mon expérience de travail chez OSL, le gérant du lieu à été tout à fait juste et sympathique, par contre le salaire était plus bas que je l'aurai souhaité et lors de l'embauche d'un nouvel employé, osl lui a donné un salaire de base de 15$ de l'heure et moi (après 1 ans) j'avais toujours mon salaire de base de 14$ et j'ai été augmenté de 0,25$ alors que l'autre employé encore en formation a obtenu un augmentation de 0,50$. J'ai trouvé ça injuste. D'où ma démission.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

22 November 2022
Bonjour, et merci d'avoir partagé votre avis. Nous sommes heureux que vous ayez apprécié vos coéquipiers et nous vous remercions d'avoir pris le temps de nous faire part de vos commentaires honnêtes, y compris sur les points qui vous ont déçu. Vos idées sont précieuses pour nous aider à continuer à nous améliorer et nous vous souhaitons le meilleur pour votre prochaine aventure. Prenez soin de vous et merci encore!

Famillial

Pour la première fois de ma vie je peut dire que nous sommes comme une famille dans cette entreprise, tous et chacun supportent les autres afin de progresser professionnellement et personnellement

Pros

Tres bonnes assurances
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

22 November 2022
Bonjour, et merci beaucoup d'avoir partagé votre avis. Nous sommes ravis d'apprendre que vous vous sentez soutenu par une équipe formidable - c'est ce qui fait notre force! C'est merveilleux de vous avoir parmi nous, continuez à faire du bon travail!

stressful

OSL works as a third party inside Walmart, and that makes it stressful. No matter how much your OSL team works together, or supports you, you are not welcomed into the walmart enviroment. There are no store discounts, walmart is constantly expecting more then you are allowed to do by your OSL contract, and the attitude and seperation you get from the walmart staff is just too much at some points. If Walmart was more welcoming to OSL, it would be a much better job.

Pros

decent benefits, free uniforms

Cons

no discounts, long hours, short breaks, no overtime, no bonus, little chance for growth
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

15 November 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate you taking time and would love to connect with you directly - could you please give us a call (1-877-694-7675)? Thanks again, it's great to have you with us and we hope to hear from you soon!

Rate your recent company

Share your experience to help others

If you want a great base salary

the company itself is really great, your management is really based of newcomers, people that aren't trained well to be a manager or should not be. they threaten to fire you for small errors, like not updating your salesforce before 6 pm, or doing your job and its door- to door. you are expected to knock at least 25 doors, and close sales every week from the day you start.There are some good managers, but mine would micromanage, track me even when I was not even in the field, call me when I am off the clock to "chat", and was not professional at all.

Pros

50k base salary

Cons

long hours, expected to work 9-6pm and sometimes evem past that.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

7 November 2022
Hello there, thank you for sharing your review. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly if possible. Could you please give us a call (1-877-694-7675) when you have some time? We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Being an NMT at OSL

It was fun! But tiring! I highly recommend checking with your doctor if your health condition allows you to work in 100% weather affected conditions. Door to door can be super fun too Loved the team
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

7 November 2022
Hello and bonjour, thank you so much for sharing your review! We're really thrilled you had a great rapport with your team, and lots of fun during your time with OSL - two things we absolutely love to hear! Thanks again, and we wish you all the best on your next adventure.

Amazing Employer - Deserves Best Managed accolades they receive

This was my dream job, and my second family. From day one until my last day, I felt supported, cared for, made a priority, and most of all valued.My manager and those I worked with were all focused, professional, and real people. They care about you and your career goals, and work hard to help you get there.

Pros

Very competitive salary and benefits, generous autonomy, welcomed as a family member.

Cons

At times, constant hiring can take away from some of the better parts of the job, but this is the times we live in, lots of jobs out there, and not enough workers to retain everyone forever.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

28 October 2022
Hello there, and thank you so much for sharing your review! You absolutely made our day and we're thrilled you felt the full support of your OSL team cheering you on - this is what we're all about. We're still here cheering for you, wishing you all the best on your next adventure!

fun work

work wise it is great but worst management. Only hire people of their on race. Manager hires their own friends. theres a lot of favoritism. management will not do anything if a customer is yelling at you for a wrong reason.

Cons

Only hire people of their race
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

25 October 2022
Hey there, thank you so much for taking time to share your review. We would love to connect with you directly, could you please give us a call at 1-877-694-7675 as soon as possible? Thanks again, we look forward to hearing from you!

working for this company is a JOKE!

These people do NOT care for you at all. You are nothing but a number to them. Anything you say to management gets thrown RIGHT back at you.Consistently PAYROLL would mess up on the commissions. Benefits support is an ABSOLUTE joke pointing fingers he said she said. If i could 100% never would have applied to this blackhole. Favoritism LIVES SO HARD in this company. You can tell exactly who management cares ONLY for."discounts" are given to only selected customers and swept under the carpet.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

21 October 2022
Hello, thank you for taking time to connect. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and will be investigating these matters further as soon as possible. We wish you all the best.

Great experience

I really enjoyed working with osl. The management is super laid back and visits employees regularly at different locations. Definitely recommend this company. Only star back is the work is seasonal
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

18 October 2022
Hello there, and thank you so much for sharing your review! It's great to know you enjoyed your time on the team and we really appreciate your shout-out and recommendation. Here's to hoping our paths cross again - take care until then!

Busy but not overwhelming, amazing compensation plan

Had a thrill working for Osl but at Samsung Experience Store. Great team and management, only downside is working every weekend and long mall hours.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

15 September 2022
Hey there, thank you so much for sharing your review! We're thrilled you had such a great experience being part of team OSL, and we also appreciate you letting us know where we could earn that extra star. Thanks again, take care and all the best on your next adventure!

Has its goods and the bads show up after a while

Working at OSL for the time I did I can honestly say Its not terrible for a beginner cellular job and you could do worse. That being said alot of how enjoyable your time at work will be comes down to the manger. And unfortunately there are more bad then good ones. Quotas are a big thing at osl and to make quotas and sales you often have to grind and for what you put in the comission is not great. And heven forbid you dont hit quotas cuz they will throw you on a proformance plan even if you have the most valid reason for not hitting. Realistically Osl Is a nice way to get your foot in the door for cellular just dont get stuck there for too long.

Pros

Good for getting your foot in the door of Cellular.

Cons

Low pay, hard grind for quotas, often bad management.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

15 September 2022
Hello and thank you for sharing your review. We're sorry to learn your experience didn't meet expectations and appreciate you taking time to let us know. Wishing you all the best, take care.

Good place to work, but frusturating

Its a good place to work if you have experience or love for electronics, I like the people who I work with and my manager and supervisor are awesome. However, my main issue is low pay and have a sense of being ignored by upper mangement. Been here three years, full time, one of the only 2 original members at my location, and I am still being paid lower then everyone, even the new hires. Been trying to contact HR since near the start of August about this issue but still no contact from them. Even after my supervisor, manager and district manager has talked to HR about this, still nothing.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

6 September 2022
Hello there, thank you very much for getting in touch! It's great to have you with us and we would love the opportunity to connect with you directly. Please give us a call (1-877-694-7675) when you have some time. We look forward to hearing from you!

Fun place to work

I loved my time with my team and coworkers, we were tight bit and worked well together. There was support all around from my immediate team when needed. The job challenged me, always something new to learn. My issue and why I was left was mostly because of the toxicity with Walmart and their staff. I also had a huge issue with our DM not coming to me directly to hear my side of things before coming to work on a Monday with the surprise of being given a final written notice. I ended up giving 45 days written notice and walking away from a job I loved.

Pros

The harder you work, the more opportunity there is to make commission, the sales spiffs were a great bonus, my team in Pembroke were a great bunch

Cons

Black Friday and Boxing Day
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

30 August 2022
Hello there, and thank you for sharing your review! Your shout-outs to your teammates and opportunities for learning and growth were really great to read. We also appreciate you taking time to let us know where you felt let down - please know you are heard and we wish you all the best on your next adventure. Take care!

Expérience très intéressante

Il faut atteindre ses objectifs pour se voir continuer à travailler

Pros

Commission

Cons

Horaire
Was this review helpful?

I am gaining new skills and knowledge on everyday basis while working here.

It’s been a great experience of working in this organization where my hard work was respected and I was made Manager in 1 year only. In this organization everyone is treated respectfully.
Was this review helpful?

Way to high of sales expectations for the location

Never felt stabe, always threatened job loss, managment was condecending and belittling, sales expectations way to high. Management seemed all over the place.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

26 August 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review. We're disappointed to learn of your experience and appreciate you taking time to let us know. Please know you are heard and your feedback will be taken onboard. We wish you all the best!

Worse place ever

Worse place ever work in a lot of places but not as bad as osl I’m full time and I only get like 2 shifts they said they were flexible with my schedule they lied

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Everything
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

26 August 2022
Hello there, thank you for taking time to connect. We would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you directly about your situation and how we can support you. Could you please give us a call (1-877-694-7675)? We hope to hear from you soon!

Great

Overall a good place to start your career. Especially part timers. Great coworkers and support. Although opportunities for advancement is really low and tough
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

26 August 2022
Hi there, thank you for sharing your review! Your words of encouragement and shout-outs to your teammates were really great to read, and we appreciate your feedback into where we could focus efforts to better support too. Wishing you all the best on your next adventure, thanks again!

High stress, no support, poor company to work for.

This job is high stress due to the emotional abuse you will endure from Walmart customers. There is no support from management, and you are required to put in huge work for the small peas they pay you. I would recommend any other sales organization. I wouldn't have my family or friends work for this company.
Was this review helpful?

Official response from OSL Retail Services Inc

19 August 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review with us. We're very disappointed to learn you felt let down and appreciate you taking time to share your honest feedback - please know you are heard. We wish you all the best on your next adventure, thank you again.

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Overall rating

Based on 1,180 reviews

Ratings by category

2.7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2.7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
2.6 out of 5 stars for Management
2.8 out of 5 stars for Culture

Compare OSL Retail Services Inc with

  • Companies
  • OSL Retail Services Inc
  • Employee reviews