OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Amazing culture, opportunity for growth & development, fantastic team atmosphere!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 September 2018
OSL's motto is "Great people, doing great things, every day" and that really captures the company vision. This company truly cares about people and wants to see them succeed. It's not just a job, you want to come to work every day and reach your potential. The associates, managers and upper management are great people who support each other and work as a large team.
If you want a job full of opportunity, learning, growth potential, networking, perks, awesome people and an incredible culture - join OSL!
Pros
Culture, perks, commission, growth opportunities
Selling cell phones/plans at Walmart
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 September 2018
Overall I initially enjoyed the job. There are new phones and plan changes all the time so you have to be prepared to be constantly learning new information. It can be a steep learning curve initially but it gets easier the longer you do the job. It's a minimum wage job with commission.
You are working in a store within a store at Walmart which is good/bad. How busy or successful you are depends on the Walmart traffic and competitors in the area. The Walmart I worked at was not busy in the evenings which is when my availability was for so sometimes it was tough meeting my quotas but usually I surpassed them. If it was not busy in the store it was a long, boring shift but often I would stay busy by researching phones and reviewing plans. It was nice to work with another staff member but mostly I worked alone at my location. I typically had great managers who were very flexible and made things bearable. The staff at the Walmart were generally obnoxious and not helpful. I was even expected to help their electronics customers because the employees were hopeless.
They have a benefit plan available for part timers but you pay for it.
The Distric Managers and higher up were mostly former Future Shop staff who wanted us to be overly aggressive and didn't take into account Walmart shoppers are different from Future Shop customers. They started taking away commissions for accessories and the commissions for plans were not very lucrative. I left because I was too bored, I considered switching locations but overall the company wasn't being very realistic in its expectations
  more... so just got a better part time job elsewhere.  less
Pros
It's a great place to learn the ropes for the Telecom industry
Cons
Walmart environment can be toxic.
Great Place to Work.
Awesome commission.
Good Managers.
Perfect Locations.
Supporting culture.
Pros
Good Salary, Good Commission.
Cons
Long Hours, Stand Full Shift Hours
Nice company to work with
Marketing Associate of Bell Canada Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2018
Nice company to work with. Pay is little less. Otherwise management is very good. Timely payment, full support from company. Growth is little slow, if you work good then job security is there.
Better places to work than here
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario16 August 2018
District manager for GTA EAST is a Tyrant and a Bully. Way better wireless jobs with better pay and management out there. Don't waste your time here..
Get paid to do something you loath
Wireless Sales Associate, Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
Typical work day involves talking with customers about phones and plans with the wireless providers we service.

hardest part of the job is convincing people to buy a 2 year plan for a phone when all they really want is to purchase it at retail cost.
Potential To be great..
Walmart Wireless Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON7 August 2018
My time with OSL was fantastic despite many negative experiences. You gain experience in sales, wireless knowledge and have the ability to create your own salary with their commission based pay. However, near the end of my time with the company hours had been cut, pay raises were few and far between and I was stuck with a manager who was never held accountable for his short-comings.

Focus on yourself and don't allow them to have you do more than your job title describes or you'll find yourself stuff in a sales position and salary doing the managers work.
Pros
Commission, benefits, wireless discounts
Cons
bad hours, poor management, poor pay increase
Best entry-level job for the money, some pressure to meet sales quota.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 July 2018
Since this job pays minimum wage and commission on top of that, it's probably the best one may find in terms of a first job that pays well. It also gave me great sales experience and some other transferable skills. My manager was a little rough in terms of coaching methods, so the workplace always had a bit of undue pressure on me and I feel that it hindered my performance, but if you can get yourself a manager that knows how to be informative instead of intimidating, you can excel. That being said, upper management has never been what I consider to be unreasonable, and are always very clear in their expectations and helpful in teaching their associates how to meet those expectations.
Pros
great pay, great sales experience
Cons
stressful workplace
Not so great
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 July 2018
There is no future, no job security, you just have to be the manager's favorite to get promoted. good for 16 years old and a summer job. but good employees
Terrible!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2018
You are treated like a kid and doing things a normal Company does not do such as group meetings every day to show u are there, pushing to sell post paid phones with contracts, and no training at all you are shoved right in.
Pros
Meeting People and helping them!
Cons
Everything else!
Poor Management within higher levels
Wireless Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2018
At the store front work can be very engaging and fun. Both the customers and co-workers can create a very positive working environment. Upper lever management is not only stunting on their employees careers, they promote a sales do or die mentality and often don't follow labour laws. I was personally instructed to fire 3 associates all of which were past their probationary period and did not have nearly sufficient enough documentation or coaching to justify termination.
Pros
Discount Program
Cons
Upper level management
Good company, bad partners
Wireless Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2018
The company itself it great to work for, but the partnership with WalMart is tiresome. The management of OSL tries hard but they are not always organized in rolling out new initiatives.
Nice work place
Assembly and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 June 2018
I am learning many things. It is a nice working place. Management is very cooperative and helpful. they gave some training before started the work. all staff is very nice and helpful.
Good but unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON18 June 2018
People who deserve to go up do not go up and incompetency is not penalized. Work environment was good depending on the store you are located at and immediate management was fair.
Not best company but better for freshers or new comers
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2018
Good culture and great place to work.

Finance team is not so good and team is not motivated as compared to other department

Overall company is good, but not for long term
Pros
Great culture and environment
Cons
Not good to work with Finance Department
Grunt work at best.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 May 2018
Was hired on for a Samsung contract. Was contacted 2 days prior to it beginning to be asked if I could work a bike program instead due to the Samsung contract being put on hold. Not only was I poorly trained. I was injured by faulty equipment and they seemed to joke more than being concerned. Was told after signing contract I was not only assembling bikes. But all of seasonal equipment and had to do it in double time speed due to prior staff quitting. Work was double, triple.checked. felt like I was being babysat everyday while working. Couldn't even go for a snack or bathroom break without being off the clock.

Shady management. Super shady.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
job is mediocre not the best
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2018
not the best job ive had there were a lot of quotas need to be met although the location was not ideal, they expect too much of you when they give nothing in return,
Great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 May 2018
Loved working with people and being able to answer their questions about cell phones. Was and extremely busy day from start to finish. Worked with great people and sales reps who never minded answering questions about their product.
Decent
Multi Project Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2018
Fast paced retail environment, overall average place to work. Company growing rapidly, projects in partnership with Walmart Canada and some other companies.
Decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Decent place to work. Work isnt to hard or demanding. Pay in the similar industry is ranked in the top paying hourly and probably commission wide. Management is great.
Pros
fun work environment, great people, job perks
Cons
Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.