OSL Retail Services Inc

OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Canada251 reviews
Featured review
OSL Retail Services Inc selected this as a representative review
Great team and management very understanding
10/10 team work
10/10 people skills

10/10 understanding

10/10 benefits and incentives

10/10 company care and flexibility

10/10 higher management

10/10 competitive wages

10/10 opportunity to move up

Give it a shot, the grass is greener on this side! :)
17 March 2020
Hey there, we really do believe in our people, and are proud to be one of Canada's Best Managed Companies 3 years running! When we say, “Great people doing greater things, every day" we mean it! Thanks for leaving us a 5-star review!
Amazing Company to be a part of!
I have worked at OSL for 5.5 years. I started as an associate and was promoted to Manager, as well as DTL. I cant say enough about this company! They are huge with promoting within, the teams are always there to help each other and head office takes time to visit and listen to opinions on how to make our jobs better! I highly recommend a career with us!
20 May 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. As you know, we've grown a lot over the past 6 years and we are so lucky to have had you for most of it! We are thrilled you are a part of that journey and you grew with us. We are truly lucky to have you in the #OSLFamily!
Fun workplace but boring at times and run off your feet at other times.
It was a great job and i wish i could still be working for them but the cost of living in Peace River was just too high to justify staying in that area.
6 May 2020
Hi there, we really appreciate you sharing your experience. It’s important to hear about what's working and where we can improve.
Productive and Fun work place.
OSL is a productive and fun work place, with most managers in the hierarchy are suppotive. Good to start up a career and there are lot of room to grow within the organization. Opportunities are given to lean.
6 May 2020
Thanks so much for the thoughtful review. We strive to walk our talk and provide a positive working environment for our team. It's awesome to hear that you felt genuinely supported by most of the managers within the organization.
Not the best
Working for OSL sounds great at first but you quickly learn the dark side. You get wooed by high traffic and lots of commission and a great company culture only to find mediocre pay scales, mainly low income traffic, and a culture filled with backstabbing, lying, and gossip. During the current pandemic, OSL has found a way through their Walmart partnership to find the loophole to be considered an essential business and is not providing adequate protection and support for the Frontline employees. Instead they would rather push sales reps to seek out customers to try to sell to and take advantage of being the only place to purchase cellphones in person currently.
I did a lot of prospect at the job site with little help
The manager at the Duncan Walmart was a horrible manager. Slack of communication, little interest of my health issues when I have leukemia and he didn't care whatsoever when I threw up blood at work and he wanted me to continue. Horrible
21 April 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we are sorry to hear you felt your experience was a negative one.
We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
It’s not just a mission statement they really do put people first
Whether you’re a client or a team member, OSL puts people first. A highly strategic organization which rapidly achieves results. Great training and development opportunities and managers who will support you.
16 April 2020
Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience at OSL! We are thrilled you are happy with the strategic and results-oriented atmosphere we have built! It is also amazing to hear you are utilizing the training and development opportunities and find them valuable. Having the right management in place is integral to an employee's experience and we are thrilled to hear that you feel supported! Knowing what we do well and where we can improve comes from our employees. We appreciate for sharing your perspective!
Bad stay away
Management can change your scheduled whenever they want forcing you to work ,, the tools given for bike assembly are absolute garbage you are told one thing when hired then be stuck driving all over ontario this companies don,t care about you they care about sales only and the .38 Cents for kms is only paid after 70 kms and not worth the wear n tear on your car for that .This place will hire anybody even if you do not fit the job ..You are basically a throw away to them and they cant keep master builders there long other then there main guys for each territory

Stay away
16 April 2020
Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your perspective and we can't improve without it! We are sorry to hear you didn't feel that your store was equipped with the proper tools for assembly and you felt mislead in what the job entailed. We want to make sure all our employees have the tools they need to do their job to the best of their ability, and that the expectations are clear from the start. We are sorry to hear that was not your experience. We truly value our employees and are sad to hear you felt disposable. That was not our intention. If you would like to supply us with some additional information regarding your experience, please email us at info@oslrs.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OSL Retail Services Inc?
They don’t care about employees
This company does not care about its employees at all. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, where non-essential services are being asked to close, yet they’re forcing us to stay open. Staff and management raised concerns, as we’re the ones putting ourselves at risk and endangering our families, but were told to take advantage of our competitors being closed and work MORE hours. When we continued to raise concern, they threatened our jobs. This company does not care about anything other than money.
Great Culture
I have been working at OSL for about 1 year and I have nothing but great things to say about them. From the day I started I had the great support of management and continue to have that till today. Overall my experience working at OSL is a very positive one and would recommend OSL to anyone who values healthy workplace culture and healthy workplace balance.
Pros
Work place culture and communication with management.
Cons
Nothing specific
27 March 2020
Thank you for leaving a review! We are so happy that you've found a great home in sales at OSL. We're always working to make things better based on feedback from our team. We are thrilled that you called out support from management as a big part of making OSL a great place to grow your career. If you have anything else you’d like to share, please send an email to info@oslrs.com. Thanks again for the feedback!
A bit of a stressful job
- Good points: Friendly team, good training resources, a good relationship with customers and the good feeling of helping them out with their needs.
- Bad points: The relationship between Walmart and OSL is not quite clear sometimes, as the Walmart staff asks you to do tasks that you are not supposed to do, and many times you end up doing it anyway "for the sake of a good relationship". The management is not very supportive, and there are not enough employees scheduled for the job. Expect days when you will be running around by yourself, trying to help customers, stocking, doing picks, very often for 4-5 hours standing on your feet, without a break for resting or a snack. On top of that, you have always the impression that the Walmart managers are watching you, sometimes getting picky about tiny things.
23 March 2020
Thanks for your review and perspective, we can’t get better without it! Thank you for calling out the amazing team, the training resources, and the customers as positive aspects of working at OSL. We work hard at creating a fantastic team atmosphere and are thrilled you mentioned that! The feedback you have provided on the relationship with our partners is helpful. We will send that feedback to our head office. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review!
Typical sales, but with a more pleasant environment
Each store can vary in experience. I have seen good managers, bad managers, neutrally OK managers. Lots of pressue to keep busy and staying hungry for sales (which is fine if you're outgoing or like to talk to people). Depending on how you view interacting with people will determined whether or not you're fit for the job. Usually, as long as you're performing, the culture and environment can be relaxed and enjoyably competitive. The hardest part of the job would be when promos aren't necessarily as "great" as Boxing Day or other big promotional events as you're still expected to produce sales and keep busy.
17 March 2020
Thanks so much for sharing your positive vibes about working at OSL. You're right, the people around you make or break your work experience and your managers are no exception! We’ve noted your constructive feedback about the promos and will take that back to head office. Keep up the good work and we’re super pumped to have you a part of the OSL family!
Great Place to Work!!
I have worked for OSL for almost a year now and would highly recommend it to anyone. Very flexible managers,Great social structure within the workplace without being too friendly,Great hours for part time associates as well as full time associate,very good knowledge training and tools to help you make sales and amazing organization skill.
Pros
Great people, good work hours and awesome enviornment
Cons
needs better pay rate
9 March 2020
Hey there, we really do believe in our people, and are proud to be one of Canada's Best Managed Companies 2 years running! When we say, “Great people doing greater things, every day" we mean it! Thanks for leaving us a 5-star review!
Amazing company
OSL is an awesome company to work for. They are caring, compassionate and treat everyone equally! Its like working with your family. It is a fast paced growing company with endless opportunities for growth. They train their staff and work diligently through courses and training to ensure you are set up to succeed. Overall I would rate this as the best company I have worked for and plan on being around for many more years to come.
Pros
Plan discounts
Cons
not set hours
9 March 2020
Thank you for this detailed review! It’s great to read this review regarding our company culture and growth! Our focus over the past several quarters has been to invest in people's development, and we'll continue this going forward. Please feel free to continue to give us feedback on how we’re doing using our internal surveys and by offering feedback to your leadership team. Continue to be great and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything! Thank you again for the 5-star review!
Jai apprit beaucoup
Nous sommes loin donc difficile de communiquer rapidement avec gens autres manque d'employer .
19 March 2020
Merci d’avoir pris le temps de laisser un commentaire. C’est génial d’entendre que tu as appris beaucoup chez OSL! Nous sommes d’accord que travailler loin peut avoir ses difficultés et nous apprécions vraiment que tu nous ais éclairé sur les domaines que nous pouvons améliorer. Encore merci d’avoir laissé un commentaire!
Competitive, fast paced lifestyle, Organizational, communicative.
Finding the perfect sales pitch and holding onto clients was the most exciting part of gaining commissions. Also, seeing the newest technology pass by and learning about the best contracts available for amazing communication with clients and their families.
9 March 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback! It's awesome that you mentioned gaining clients and commissions as a big part of making OSL a great place to grow your career. We're lucky to have someone as passionate and driven as you on our team. Thanks again for the feedback!
OSL Corporate, Great Place to Work
OSL Corporate is a highly collaborative interdepartmental work environment that offers a great deal of professional creativity. The leadership is of a high caliber and promotes an open door policy which results in a fairly high level of transparency. Overall, if you're looking for some excitement in your career or a workplace where you're given the freedom to create, this is the place for you.
9 March 2020
It's fantastic to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience during your time with us. Thank you for calling out leadership as a significant benefit of working at OSL! A genuine thank you for the hard work you put in while you were here. We wish you the absolute best of luck on your future path!
Management needs improvement
Linda needs more work on how to work with associates. Company does not pay according to the contract. Labour law was contacted. They did not work with associates.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Bad management
9 March 2020
Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We would like to hear more about your experience with Linda in Alberta. Please email us at social@oslrs.com with some details. We will forward it straight to the director of HR for investigation.
Not worth it
Do not work here at all. Managers from Calgary and Edmonton are very mean and racist. Have no clue what they are doing. Very bad company to actually work for.
Pros
Cons
On your feet the entire shift.
4 March 2020
We take these allegations very seriously. OSL has workplace discrimination policies and practices that guide our actions in these matters.  If you can please provide us with the full name and location of the employees that have showcased racism, we will conduct our own internal workplace investigation into the matter immediately.  It might also be helpful for you to include any witness names.  This information will assist us in with the investigation. Please email social@oslrs.com with details. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Boring yet fun with the right people
It was a boring job but also easy work. I never had a bad customer but the store managers were the toughest to deal with. Overall 7/10 but would not work there again. It is a great minimum wage job for sure.
4 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Like all workplaces, your team truly impacts your experience, and we are thrilled your team made it a positive experience! We are sorry to hear you would not work with OSL again. Thanks again for the honest feedback.
Worked here for 6 years now
Started out at this company in its infancy. Was a rough start and with a lot of growing pains. I started out as an associate within 8 months had a management position at a low performing store. Got a higher volume store a year after and moved on to one of the highest volume stores in the country. Always room to grow
24 February 2020
Hi there, we really do believe in our people, and are proud to be one of Canada's Best Managed Companies 2 years running! When we say, “Great people doing greater things, every day" we mean it! Thanks for leaving us a 5-star review!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7