OSL Retail Services Inc

OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Featured review
OSL Retail Services Inc selected this as a representative review
10/10 team work 10/10 people skills 10/10 understanding 10/10 benefits and incentives 10/10 company care and flexibility 10/10 higher management 10/10 competitive wages 10/10 opportunity to move up Give it a shot, the grass is greener on this side! :)
17 March 2020
Hey there, we really do believe in our people, and are proud to be one of Canada's Best Managed Companies 3 years running! When we say, “Great people doing greater things, every day" we mean it! Thanks for leaving us a 5-star review!
Managers will constantly schedule around their lives and what is convenient for them. It doesn't matter if you have actual needs outside of watching the game their schedule comes first always. After not receiving the proper support you need to suceed in the position. They will then penalize you. You will constantly be called back to the floor in the middle of you lunch, if you even get one. It is long hours standing on your feet. They will expect you to be cross trained in all departments your store handles with no extra pay for the extra work. They don't care about availability that is set out (even for schooling at times) as seen over multiple employees. Managers will degrade employees to where they quit and then just say idk when head office asks. You can be having a full blown medical emergency at work and they'll also if you if you can stay still.
Pros
Territory sales reps from other companies are great and the partners outside of Walmart, osl treat the employees very well
Cons
Everything else
13 November 2020
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review with us. We take great pride in providing a welcoming, supportive environment and amazing culture for our OSL Family. We're deeply troubled hearing about your experience and would like to investigate these concerning matters as soon as possible. Could you please get in touch directly via email (info@oslrs.com) with your name, store number and your DM's name as well? Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I enjoyed working for the company itself, but after just over a year of working there, and with the management team in place there it had become less enjoyable coming to work. In the end it came down to being scheduled outside available times and not getting along with everyone who worked there. My department was only me and one other person and it always felt like we were at odds. Of course she was my supervisor so nothing I ever did was right to her (even though we had the same training and did the same job) and thw amount of inappropriate conversations that the upper management just didn't care about was astounding. At points we went 6-8 hours with no breaks, health and safety was not being looked after (everyone used the same knife daily in some departments). All in all I loved the company and what it stood for as being about the customers but management had a way about them, if they didn't like you they either pushed you to quit or found a reason to fire you.
Pros
Company is amazing.
Cons
Management didnt care, long days no break or late break.
5 November 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking time to share your review with us! We love hearing that you felt great about OSL and our goals for an awesome customer experience. Other aspects of your experience don't sound like the kind of supportive and balanced environment we strive to offer our team. We'd appreciate the opportunity to look into these concerns - could you please send us an email to info@oslrs.com with your name, store location, as well as your DM's name as soon as possible? Thank you again, we greatly appreciate your feedback.
No Value for the Employees they don't pay you better long hour standing job instead of working for OSL it seem to be that you are working for Walmart.
5 November 2020
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your feedback, although we feel our pay structure with base pay + commission is competitive. If you have any specific feedback on where we could otherwise improve we would love to hear from you (info@oslrs.com) - we can't keep growing and improving without your valuable insights. Best of luck to you on your next adventure!
I was promised a management position when it came available. Applied for 4 different positions, interviewed once. Did not get the position. Whenever I apply for a management position, my manager find a reason to write me up to prevent me from leaving the store, and makes me look like a horrible employee. Was trained in management, twice. Still no prospect of becoming a manager. I've been with the company for 4 years, and at this point, I'm simply looking for a better sales job.Always more expectations, and not enough pay. During the first shutdown of 2020, OSL used a loophole to take advantage of the carrier stores closing and made us "essential." They kept on focusing on the fact that "we are the only place that customer can purchase wireless products," claiming that we would make "tons of commission." That was not the case. Instead, we got hounded about not being able to achieve our performance targets. They did give us $1 raise for about 8 weeks, called, "hero pay." However, we are not receiving our performance based wage increase this year because "covid 19 put it on hold." I did the math, and because of the loss in commission, and the lack of wage increase that I expected, I lost approximately $3000 this year. When I asked about getting a raise, they told me to sell more phones.Funny, how Walmart employees got their raises, but we don't....It also took the company about 16 weeks to even begin trying to implement safety precautions. The size of the plexiglass that we received doesn't protect us at all. We also had to make our own social distancing protocols, which - more...
Pros
50% off phone bills, prizes, and relationships.
Cons
Everything else.
I had no issues with OSL as a company. I got along really well with my manager and felt appreciated by upper management. However I found working inside Walmart to be a challenge with most clients looking for prepaid plans and they were very aggressive and rude. After vocalizing and taking time off due to aggressive customers I didn’t feel supported by the company as I had requested not to work alone as I no longer felt safe at work and I was immediately scheduled shifts by myself until it became too much and I had to leave the company. So overall I would say good company with decent benefits and perks but must have a strong and confident personality to handle the clientele in this location.
Pros
Discounts on phone plans, commission and benefits
Cons
Challenging work environment, hours are right in the middle of the day so work life balance is difficult
22 September 2020
Hi there, and thank you for taking time to share your honest review with us. We appreciate that you recognize OSL offers competitive perks and benefits. It sounds like your experience with management was not at all what we strive for at OSL. If you'd like to connect with us directly via email at info@oslrs.com we would appreciate the opportunity to gain more details about your experience with upper management. We hope to hear from you. Thank you again!
Amazing place to build up an enthusiastic career. Scope of learning in each phase. Love to work here as I can learn every day which will help me to be self-motivated to do any type of work.
14 September 2020
Hi there and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review! We're really thrilled to hear you're learning at every stage and loving being part of our #OSLFamily - keep up the great work and positivity!
This is a great job if your a team player that thrives in a friendly and comforting environment. One of the best teams and regions I’ve ever had the pleasure of working for, if your new at sales you just need to listen to the guidance and put your spin on it and your off to the races. It was a difficult decision for me to leave and I will truly miss the team
Pros
Great management
Cons
None really
17 August 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review! We're so thrilled to hear that being part of our #OSLFamily was an amazing experience for you and that the environment/team spirit was a positive environment (we're sure your team will miss you too!). We appreciate your words of encouragement for new team members to make the most of the opportunities we offer. Thank you again!
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Great company good advantage. Salary is advantageous compared to other retail job but you need to be on point with objectives and sales. Would recommend.
24 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate you calling out salary as a major benefit! We want our employees to be motivated to perform and are thrilled you find yourself motivated to sell and hit objectives. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OSL Retail Services Inc?
Great workplace culture. We have alot of fun engaging with customers and educating them on products and services. It is very rewarding to see clients happy with your services!
24 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for your 5 star review! We are so happy you find working at OSL rewarding and fun! That's all we can ask for. We appreciate you and thank you for adding to our awesome culture!
Tout les jours on a une job,une tâche a fair,sévère aidés les client vendre atteindre notre objectif. - j'ai a pris boucoup chose concernant le management la gestion. - Aussi des formations sur les produit en vente.
Osl vous offrira une chance en or de vous dépasser et d'avoir une rénumération digne de vous!!!! Il y a aussi beaucoup d'opportunités pour monter au sein de l'entreprise
The job is ok. The pay is interesting but subpar compared to other service providers. My direct supervisor always encouraged the better of me but I feel the higher ups don't really care about the grunt work.
3 August 2020
Thanks for sharing your review and honest feedback with us. We're glad to hear that you feel supported by your supervisor and hope that you're able to take full advantage of the opportunities OSL can offer. If you'd like to send us an email to info@oslrs.com we'd appreciate the opportunity to hear your insights about where you feel we could improve. Thank you again!
I've been working for OSL since september 2019, i love my job here, it gets busy somedays but it goes by fast, the coworkers are friendly, i learn thing on a daily basis, the hardest part of the job is not getting everything done in one shift as we are here to help customers needs but overall love coming to work everyday
24 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! You're right, it's a fast-paced work enviornment! We are thrilled to hear you love coming to work everyday. Thank you for all that you do, and thank you for the 5-star review!
A typical day entails coming in and thru-out the day giving customers information about phones and phone plans and helping them activate there phones with the plan they feel more happy with! You'll learn how to do phone activations and how to sell phones to customers that may or may not know how it works.
24 July 2020
HI there, thank you for describing a typical day! We appreciate your honest response! Educating customers on their wireless options is an important part of the job. Thank you for doing that, every day!
Good place to work good team and value. Good salary and commission and benefits. Nice to work for OSL.Work hours can be the way you like, weekend and days and evening.I m happy with OSL.
28 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you're loving the flexibility with OSL. We really believe in our people, our culture and value your insights. Thank you for your continued dedication!
I have been with OSL for nearly 4 years. It is a fast paced friendly environment with room to grow and lots of opportunities to have fun at work. OSL cares about what's going on in our community and tries their best to help out! #OSLEastcoastStrong
24 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with us! You're right. We care deeply about our associates and the communities they reside in. We love that you see the opportunities for growth at OSL! We hope the friendly culture makes growing with us as fun as it is worth while. Thank you again for your review!
Love working for this company as every day it is a adventure. No matter if I'm selling phones or building bikes I'm always proud of working for such an amazing company.
24 July 2020
Thank you for your 5-star review! We agree, every day is an adventure! You have an incredibly critical job at OSL and we are thankful to have you in the #OSLFamily! Thank you for the hustle hard attitude and the positive vibes!
I like my job right now and love what i do. Like everyone else i don’t know what gonna happen in the future but for now i have a good boss and a good flexibility of my schedule without any problem.
28 July 2020
Hi there! We love hearing that you're enjoying your current role with OSL. Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5-star review! We hope to continue to offer the flexibility and leadership you're thriving within so you may continue to love what you do everyday!
The best part of the job is getting to help people find a phone plan that best suits them as a user. Getting them the phone they want on a phone plan that they like and knowing they leave the store happy with their decision.
24 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for sharing your favourite aspect of working at OSL! We are lucky to have someone who cares so deeply about our customers. Thank you for your hard work and amazing customer service skills!
The workload has been very demanding as far as build/customer service goes. Ive learned that there are employers who do care, and that we aren't just a number. Everyone is just great here, all the way from the builders and up the chain. The hardest part of the job for me is lack of work space and trying to get my quota when I don't have the room to work efficiently, and/or I am swamped with customers. The best part of the job is when I help someone with a bike and they leave very thankful and with a smile!
24 July 2020
Hi there, thank you for the 5-star review! Thank you for sharing your pinch points as well. We can only get better with feedback and we do appreciate it! Please email us at info@oslrs.com so that we can learn more about the space limitations in Fredricton, NB.