OSI Maritime Systems Employee Reviews

1.7Pay & Benefits
1.3Job Security & Advancement
Smart workforce hindered my upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 February 2019
Difficult to be objective due to the fact the relationship with my boss broke down (He had zero emotional intelligence, IMHO).
I found it very frustrating working there.
Best part of my job was working with the support team and certain managers who were trying to change the work culture, albeit slowly.
Worst part was the lack of resources preventing project success.
Pros
Excellent lunchroom, good free coffee.
Cons
Slow to change, lack of company vision. Exec team were managers, not leaders.
Software Engineers: Stay Away
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 January 2015
OSI Maritime (then OSI Geospatial) was easily the worst company I have ever worked for. On my second day there, the director of engineering told me (paraphrased), "You know, when I was an engineer, I was second on the team in lines of code written and in defects resolved." You read that right: at this company, they actually think counting lines of code generated is a good way to measure software engineering productivity. Working at OSI, I encountered a lot of "information games", hostility, and quite simply the most insane coding practices I have ever seen. Furthermore, the corporate governance is not good: the company somewhat recently bought back all of its shares after dropping from over $1 to $.06, costing a lot of people their savings. The company does appear to be doing better as of late but it is highly doubtful that such can be projected indefinitely into the future.
Pros
reputation
Cons
corporate governance, poor engineering practices