OSI Maritime Systems

OSI Maritime Systems Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Terrible culture. Terrible and myopic management. Cliquey environment. Misogynistic. Misguided approach to work life balance. Blame orientated culture. Serious lack of communication chain. Senior management lacks vision, respect and trust Could write the book on ol’ boys club Stay away! Stay far away!
There's no company culture and most employees are quietly disgruntled. There is a lack of communication between departments and of poorly designed processes. The executive team does not listen to their non-management employees and have no true desire to treat them fairly or equitably. The turnover rate is a nightmare (even within HR) with no end in sight.
Pros
Co-workers, flexible work hours
Cons
Upper Management, high employee turn-over
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

They only look good on the outside. They focus on playing politics between departments. The product development process is dysfunctional at best. Management talks a good game about “continuous improvement” In reality they don't make any changes at all. They are more interested in chasing the next big sale than adequately supporting employees on existing projects. They always blame project managers and lower employees for all problems and delays that are caused by the systematic problems with the company.
Pros
Cons
The worst company structure, the worst culture, the worst HR department, the worst management
Difficult to be objective due to the fact the relationship with my boss broke down (He had zero emotional intelligence, IMHO).
I found it very frustrating working there.

Best part of my job was working with the support team and certain managers who were trying to change the work culture, albeit slowly.

Worst part was the lack of resources preventing project success.
Pros
Excellent lunchroom, good free coffee.
Cons
Slow to change, lack of company vision. Exec team were managers, not leaders.
OSI Maritime (then OSI Geospatial) was easily the worst company I have ever worked for. On my second day there, the director of engineering told me (paraphrased), "You know, when I was an engineer, I was second on the team in lines of code written and in defects resolved." You read that right: at this company, they actually think counting lines of code generated is a good way to measure software engineering productivity. Working at OSI, I encountered a lot of "information games", hostility, and quite simply the most insane coding practices I have ever seen. Furthermore, the corporate governance is not good: the company somewhat recently bought back all of its shares after dropping from over $1 to $.06, costing a lot of people their savings. The company does appear to be doing better as of late but it is highly doubtful that such can be projected indefinitely into the future.
Pros
reputation
Cons
corporate governance, poor engineering practices
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSI Maritime Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4