OSCO Construction Group Employee Reviews

Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 February 2019
If you work hard and are looking for a place that offers lots of overtime strescon is your place. Certain jobs require high attention to detail, and repetitive work, but overall it was a good place of employment
Pros
Lots of chances for overtime
Cons
Slightly underpaid
Weekly pay, great co-workers.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 November 2018
Benefits are alright, although pay is not. The co-workers are fantastic, and they make the job bearable. Management is not so great. They do not seem to care about their employees and are rarely available to speak with. Hard to get ahold of any higher-ups if there were issues. Job Security is non-existent as one mistake will make them think twice about having you as an employee. Overall, the job paid the bills, and the co-workers made every day exciting.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Poor management
didnt like it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 September 2018
It is a deadline driven environment which can be streesful at times. I dont recommend working here if you want to make money. The management dont know what they are doing
Prodictive but physically demanding
Laborer and Batch Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 September 2018
Very physically demanding job, always on the go, alot of responsiblity with this position. Over all it wasn't too bad, hard on the head at times but you get used to it pretty quickly
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, extremely physically demanding
Poorly managed
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 April 2018
By far the most poorly managed place I have ever worked. The people who work there are great but from day one they will all warn you to get out. Take their advice and get out. If you're desperate for work it's an alright stepping stone but do not consider a career here. Management is more concerned with their own personal lives than running a successful business. People in QC generally last 6 months or less.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful pay, long hours with no reward, management, no room for advancement
Great group of people
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS26 January 2018
Everyone was treated equally and trained the same way. They took the time to explain how to complete tasks, and were always willing to answer questions.
Pros
great people
Cons
commuete
Life sucking experience that no one should suffer through
Punching Bag (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 December 2017
It is not a good place to work. If you value family time, or time just for yourself - don't do it. Employees treated like dogs. Any place is better.
Pros
Cons
Many
long days, 1 15 minute break in the morning
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 October 2017
good pay, terrible breaks, no life outside of work, some guys were awful to work with although many of them were fun and i got a long with. my foreman was a good guy.
Pros
paid for suppers
Cons
long hours and almost no breaks
i like it
laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 October 2017
ready liked working there the bad thing is that it was seasonal it hard work but very rewardingand the poeple there are very easy to get a long with and the hours are good from 7 to 3:30
Pros
good people
Cons
seasonal
A great Company to work for.
Radio Program Producer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 June 2017
The company was well managed and treated it's employees well. They gave you lots flexibility in doing your job and offered a lot of training for personal and business development. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interplay between various departments in the development of sales programs, solving client challenges, or planning the company Christmas party.
Pros
A rewarding job
Cons
On-air live radio has no erasers on the end of the pencil..
traffic manager
Radio Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 October 2016
data entry
good co workers
multi tasking the hardest
the challenges was the most enjoyable
printing logs and answering emails
Good Management Team
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 August 2016
Challenging high paced, International, diversified organization experiencing rapid growth through acquisition in the Construction Industry, and affiliation with parent organization.
Pros
Multi Faceted, Job shopmanufacturing provided unique project experiences.
Cons
Limited Training
Well run company
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS15 September 2015
Great office atmosphere and fun interactive environment. Provide all necessary tools and training to build a client base and find success in the media sales industry.
Respecful place to work
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS26 August 2015
Strong management team who believe in their people. Safe place to work. Great benefits and employer is very compassionate to employee needs.
Excellent place to work with great co-workers.
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB.15 June 2014
A typical day a work includes routine electrical construction and maintenance. I feel that I've learned many essential skills required in the electrical field from helpful and knowledgeable Journeyman and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning valuable skills everyday from experienced workers in the trade that I am passionate about. I enjoy going to work everyday doing a job I love. The hardest thing about working in this trade in my area is that the demand is not high and job security is not guaranteed.
job
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 June 2014
tied re-bar together , helped pour concrete , great benifets
Great People, Great Experience
Creative Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 November 2013
Other than my summary, I do not wish to go into further details.
Pros
Great collaborative team environment
Cons
Low Salary and possibility to move up in Creative field
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS25 October 2013
A very busy and productive precast concrete plant. Not much time for socializing but if you looking to work hard for a respectable paycheck this is the place to go.
Poor company to work for, safety is not important to them
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 August 2013
Not a good company to work for, work is hard pay is low and expectation is way too high. I had a 20 ton piece of concrete going over my head on a crane, and the crane operator never thought of telling me to move. With the sound levels in there, I couldn't even tell there was a crane moving.

Got injured there, and almost of laid off for it. Then when the time came I got laid off for christmas, seasonal type of work.
Pros
getting laid off
Cons
working there
Great experience-I learned 4 new trades.
Millwright, High Rigger, Fitter, Boiler maker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 April 2013
I started with Ocean Steel as a millwright helper, graduated to full millwright and was then transferred to high rise steel construction. I served on this crew for one summer and was then called back into the shop where I spent the winter as a fitter, assembling components of various buildings and bridges. In the spring, I was sent to a new Pulp Mill construction site, where I did work as a lay out man for storage tanks.
Pros
lots of new experiences.
Cons
the winters in nb, working in an open steel shed, were brutally cold.