Ornge

Ornge Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews

Amazing people, not great environment

My coworkers were amazing for the most part, which kept me coming to work everyday. Work life balance is non existent with a 2day 2 night, 4 off rotation. Vacation time is often denied(even pre Covid days). Management doesn’t trust their staff to make decisions and basically every decision has to be approved. Typically make little issues into huge issues, and ignores the huge issues all together. The work itself is great, but I can’t say I recommend this employer.

Busy workplace

Underpaid compared to most services. You get a 1% raise a year and that’s only if you meet expectations and goals. Management is non existent. No direction at all, everyone seems to think they know best.

Insights into Ornge

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility

Ornge is a great place to work, with great benefits. The medical benefit is excellent and the location is also very convenient. Great management interaction.

Benefits

6 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Ornge all while feeling that you are making positive contribution to the health of Ontarians. Please feel free to provide any further feedback to hr@ornge.ca

Occ

Great place, great team Would recommend to anyone Very family like atmosphere. Does amazing things for the people of Ontario. Best job I’ve ever had.

6 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoying your time at Ornge all while feeling that you are making positive contribution to the health of Ontarians. We strive to ensure our culture is one where all our employees feel respected and engaged at all times.Please feel free to provide any further feedback to hr@ornge.ca

Friendly Workplace

Just worked here for 2 months doing PPE-related inventory work during COVID in 2020 but it was very fulfilling work and management and coworkers were very friendly, helpful, and responsive!

Pros

People and Easy Work

Cons

Got a little repetitive

6 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Ornge all while feeling that you are making positive contribution to the health of Ontarians during COVID times. Please feel free to provide any further feedback to hr@ornge.ca

Limited opportunity for advancement

I enjoyed my time at the company. When I was ready for more responsibility it was discussed many times and ‘promised’ but never transpired. I left for an opportunity that was more in line with what I was looking for to advance my career.

Hr are bullies!

One of the worst Human Resources departments ever! The Human Resources business partners are bullies!!! They bully and belittle their subordinates and make them do all the work while they sit and chat over coffee. They take long lunches while others are watched by the clock. The rules don’t apply to them for some reason. This department is marked by nepotism! They have never been reprimanded for thieir behaviour. It’s always covered up. The HR manager should be ashamed of himself for allowing this to continue on for years! In fact he finds ways to defend them. It’s completely corrupt! On several occasions they have made several employees cry. No one stays long working in their department because of the emotional abuse. Don’t bother trying to change this - bullies never change. They just become more powerful because they feel protected by their manager

15 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At Ornge, we strive to provide an environment where employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. We are unhappy to hear about your experience and take your concerns very seriously. Ornge has a robust process for addressing these types of concerns and follow through on any concerns we are made aware of. We are interested to learning more about your experience and how we can improve; if you would like to offer more feedback confidentially, please email us at hr@ornge.ca

Awesome place to work

To work at a company that values your input, your skill and all the things that make you successful is amazing. We operate state of the art equipment and the training we receive is top notch.

15 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your time at Ornge and all while feeling that you are making positive contribution to the health of Ontarians.

Important partner in critical health care in Ontario

Ornge plays a critical role in bring patients to needed health care in Ontario. They have the safety of the patient as the main goal - however the culture inside the organization prevents them from living their values. Training goes incomplete from all levels, recognition is only for the front line employees and anyone who questions the status quo will find it difficult to stay with the company.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Great company but horrible manager in the scheduling/planning department

Overall it’s a fantastic company with great people however the scheduling/ planning department has a horrible manager . He is extremely rude and condescending if he does not like you . He acts like he knows it all and better than everyone else and shows favouritism if you are a female .. The worst manager I’ve ever worked for .

Pros

Good salary, good benefits great people in other departments

Cons

Horrible manager in planning / scheduling

Great company

extremely nice work/life balance great people nice working atmosphere flexible hours, great pension and benefit plans overall very good company to work

Great Job, bad work life balance

Very demanding job but it is very satisfying. Assisting patients in their time of need promptly and professionally is something to be proud of. There is no work life balance however.

Pros

helping the people of Ontario through their toughest times

Cons

no work life balance

Company that does amazing things

As administration I do a lot of ordering for the base I am at, or any of the bases where the manager is on vacation or away. I do monthly requirements, such as drug tracking and PCard reconciliation. I also help with PR events such as safety nights or local volunteer events such as pancake breakfasts (to help locals acknowledge and understand our presence in their community).

good place to work

nice pay, good management, decent and flexible hours. very pro-Learning, tons of room to self-improve. has a cafeteria, everyone is always friendly. deadlines can be tight, but are always manageable.

Lots to learn, but not much forward movement

Interesting business model and lots to learn, but feels cliquish and isolating as an employee. Constant overhang of the scandal. Never feels like you really fit in....

Pros

good pension plan

Cons

feeling of isolation

Awesome Company

I didn't do as much as I wanted to do but I did a lot of fun work cleaning and looking after the airplane for the OPP. Learnt and met a lot of valuable things I will always carry with me.

Great people and positive working environment!

Great office environment. Overall positive day to day experience, while also feeling extremely satisfied with the work that was being done for a great purpose.

Short term contract

Built a data centre for facility move. People were great to work with, but processes were confusing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ornge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ornge with

Learn about Ornge in popular locations

• Ornge