ORNGE

ORNGE Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Important partner in critical health care in Ontario
Ornge plays a critical role in bring patients to needed health care in Ontario. They have the safety of the patient as the main goal - however the culture inside the organization prevents them from living their values. Training goes incomplete from all levels, recognition is only for the front line employees and anyone who questions the status quo will find it difficult to stay with the company.
Pros
Pension
Hr are bullies!
One of the worst Human Resources departments ever! The Human Resources business partners are bullies!!! They bully and belittle their subordinates and make them do all the work while they sit and chat over coffee. They take long lunches while others are watched by the clock. The rules don’t apply to them for some reason. This department is marked by nepotism! They have never been reprimanded for thieir behaviour. It’s always covered up. The HR manager should be ashamed of himself for allowing this to continue on for years! In fact he finds ways to defend them. It’s completely corrupt! On several occasions they have made several employees cry. No one stays long working in their department because of the emotional abuse. Don’t bother trying to change this - bullies never change. They just become more powerful because they feel protected by their manager
Great company but horrible manager in the scheduling/planning department
Overall it’s a fantastic company with great people however the scheduling/ planning department has a horrible manager . He is extremely rude and condescending if he does not like you . He acts like he knows it all and better than everyone else and shows favouritism if you are a female .. The worst manager I’ve ever worked for .
Pros
Good salary, good benefits great people in other departments
Cons
Horrible manager in planning / scheduling
Great company
extremely nice work/life balance
great people

nice working atmosphere

flexible hours, great pension and benefit plans

overall very good company to work
Company that does amazing things
As administration I do a lot of ordering for the base I am at, or any of the bases where the manager is on vacation or away. I do monthly requirements, such as drug tracking and PCard reconciliation. I also help with PR events such as safety nights or local volunteer events such as pancake breakfasts (to help locals acknowledge and understand our presence in their community).
Lots to learn, but not much forward movement
Interesting business model and lots to learn, but feels cliquish and isolating as an employee. Constant overhang of the scandal. Never feels like you really fit in....
Pros
good pension plan
Cons
feeling of isolation
Awesome Company
I didn't do as much as I wanted to do but I did a lot of fun work cleaning and looking after the airplane for the OPP. Learnt and met a lot of valuable things I will always carry with me.
Great people and positive working environment!
Great office environment. Overall positive day to day experience, while also feeling extremely satisfied with the work that was being done for a great purpose.