Orlick Industries

Orlick Industries Employee Reviews

Canada71 reviews
Featured review
Orlick Industries selected this as a representative review
Work Environment
Liked my co-workers. The plant runs on two shifts for CNC and three for Diecast. Fast paced working environment. Good working environment. Safety a priority.
productive and fun work place, supportive HR, good compensation management, individual development plans, long term investment plans, growth,
Helpful in growth, co-operative people, good, neat, safe and clean working environment. fun working with people,supportive HR, good compensation management, individual development plans, long term investment plans, growth, self appraisal, skill developments plans, quiz rounds about product knoqledge, safety talks
Pros
summar parties, Christmas events, good health, eye and dental benefits, corporate discounts
busy day but easy work when you get used to it
good one day, busy other days. teamwork and production made me want to keep busy. trusted each level of production shortly after learning. keep smiling and enthusiastic about labouring all day. production is fulfilling and makes a good day.
Don't do it
I worked over 6 years there and wasted my life.
Every second counts working as a trim press operator, if you fall behind your line on the belt gets backed up with smoking hot boiling heavy car parts.

You're expected to file, inspect, pack, write production, and do your QA checks.

You barely have any time to drink water, maybe a minute if you're lucky.

I was also a die caster and it's worse than a trimmer. You are expected to maintain 2-4 die cast machines at a time. Some days are ok but with breakdowns and loading ingots in the furnaces. Also you must relief the trimmers for break and you even miss your breaks sometimes.

If you hate your life then work at Orlick.
Pros
Benefits are ok and lunch & breaks are paided for
Cons
Way to fast pace, stressful, no advancement
Very dirty place to work. A lot of metal dust.The Molds are very unsafe to work on. Glad my time there was not long.Bad Management.
Very dirty place to work. A lot of metal dust. The Molds are very unsafe to work on.Glad my time there was not long.Bad Management and co-workers,not easy to work with.
16 December 2019
Orlick Industries prides itself on the cleanliness of our Tool Shop and our team maintains a well-organized work area with a class leading Safety record.

As we have not had any Tool and Die Makers in the last decade that have worked here for less than a year, we are uncertain as to why you would make such claims about our company.

Our Tool and Die Makers have the skills, experience and authorization to initiate improvements within the shop that ensure none of the issues you have claimed are present.

Your description of the environment, management and workforce at the Orlick Tool shop could not be further from the truth. For example there is little to no dust in the tool shop and we employ a full time cleaner who rightfully takes pride in the cleanliness of the shop.

The statements made on this review are inaccurate and offensive to all of the hard working team members at the Orlick tool & die shop who take pride in their work and their working environment.
Better than nothing
Not terrible if you have no other options but no advancement an supervisors are hit or miss. Don't expect good pay and a rather low moral.Can be hot in the summer but not the worst.
terrible
dont work here. terrible pay, no advancement, rampant favouritism, dangerous conditions. no consideration for medical or family issues. even if you are desperate dont do it
11 November 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review from regarding your experience at Orlick, and hope that during your time with us, you took the opportunities to bring forward any of the concerns you have identified in your post to your supervisor or management.
As for the ‘terrible pay’ for the trim press and extractor job positions, the starting rate for those positions is contained in our advertised postings at $18.00 with annual reviews to follow each year for potential wage increases. Job postings are regularly advertised internally within the company, giving every employee the opportunity to apply for advancement; however we do recognize that not every employee is qualified for every internal job posting, so we do offer a tuition reimbursement program where we pay for any appropriate training or educational upgrades that our employees wish to pursue.

Orlick is an manufacturing facility were we transform molten aluminum into products for the Automotive industry, primarily for Honda vehicles. While factory work can be more physically demanding or subject to the ambient outdoor temperatures (for example if there is a 40 degree heatwave outside in the summer, it will also be hot within the plant), we categorically deny that working at Orlick is a dangerous environment. We are proud to have an excellent safety record with both the WSIB and the Ministry of Labour. Working with your hands and handling product that can weigh between 1 and 8 pounds loading in and out of machines and for visual inspection may be physical in nature, but it is not dangerous work.

Orlick provides
 - more...
Low wage for job expectations
too much favouritism and extreme labour for little wage. Benefits are horrible. ergonomics are way behind in times and company refuses to invest to update the working enviroment
Too much for no money
Too much work for only a dollar more than minimum wage. Quotas are the holy grail but no incentive to hit them, overall would be a good place for kids to learn about production work however in My opinion is not a viable career
fast paced work place
i would rod ovens that were melting aluminium then stack the ingots of metal with a forklift. the heat was hardest part of the job. the culture was reasonable environmen.
Horrible place to work especially the teal plant.
Management doesn't care if you hurt yourself they distance themself from you and try to force you to quit. Machines have alarms but the old people don't like the noise so they make they make the trimmer watch for the machine to break down and you must look for the die caster to fix. No job security , benefits suck must pay before hand and get reimbursement from company.
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
To much filling
18 September 2019
We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience working at Orlick Industries. In no uncertain terms do we disagree with the assertion that management does not care if employees injure themselves. Orlick has an outstanding safety record and is constantly working to improve the equipment and ergonomics of the work. Manufacturing is a physical job for which not every person enjoys or finds to be suitable.
It has been almost 10 years since the automotive industry that Orlick serves has had a downturn in production, and with a solid customer base and a commitment for future contracts, job security has certainly not an issue for Orlick employees. Again, manufacturing is not for everyone and like most other companies, we do occasionally find that not every new hire is a good fit for our requirements, but overall job security is very consistent.

Orlick provides an excellent extended health care program including dental, prescriptions, vision, physio and pension plan. Our program does require employees to initially pay for services prior to reimbursement from the company in as little as 3 days after submission of receipts. This benefit plan is explained to all new potential hires, providing anyone with concerns to ask questions or if they find the arrangement unsatisfactory, they have every opportunity to decline the offer of permanent, full time employment with Orlick.
Good working enviroment
Good company to work for. Steady work with no worries of layoff. Coworkers are great to work with. Working at Orlick has been a positive experience. Management can be improved but are ok at times.
Hard work dont get paid enough for the work
I worked for this company for 4 plus years and it's very hot work conditions and hard manual work holding hot automotive parts your holding and filing by hand .
Pros
Bbq in the summer on fridays
Cons
Very hot all year round
Orlick Industries is an average place to work.
I have found that Orlick Industries is an average place to work. They provide minimum training for the jobs. There is a lot of special treatment for certain employees.

I have learned to work many different trim press machines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the few friends that I have made. Most are long term. The least thing is the attitude of the supervisors when you ask for help'
Pros
bbq lunches once a month during summer, Xmas party, company picnic, free work boots every 3 months if needed, benefits and pension plan
Cons
8 hour shifts instead of 12, if you are not in the click you are ignored
Clean plant, dedicated to Quality, excellent work culture. Enjoyed my employment there.
I found the workplace to be clean and organized. Quality procedures and standards were strictly sheared to. Weekly BBQ fostered a great culture within the plant. Cost for BBQ purchases was minimal and changed up the brown bagging for employees. Employees were committed to doing their best and brought forward many great ideas for implementation. I had a wonderful experience working at this company.
Pros
Benefits, clean plant, great employees, quality focused.
Cons
Pay could be increased for diecast and machining operators.
Ok place
This is an ok place to work. As long as you show up, do your job and shut up no body bothers you. I left for more pay as i do believe the owner is a very cheap person and really doesnt see the value in hardworking employees and believes all are replacable. The company could use with being unionized so there is a lot more respect between employees, management and owners. Those who believe a balance between life and work is not achievable also believe they should be able to take whatever days off they want without being punished. Those people are what i call lazy.
Did not enjoy
Worked as a trim press operator I am not sure why this is required to even ask me to review this company I have not worked for them in years and I did not work there long
We have nice lunch room with air conditioning
Orlick is a nice work place with clean lunchroom and most of people are nice. I had the opportunity to work on différents plants, 411 Parkdale, 20 Teal, 441 seaman and now at 500 seaman, so I got to know most of orlick' employees, this company gives chance to workers to enjoy themselves so many time a year, Christmas party on December, going to the park by July of each year for BBQ, swimming and talking with c-workers.
Pros
Many time employees got pizza for free also juices
Cons
Rarely I work over my time
Flexible and fun
Management was always very organized. They took care of their employees and as a tradesmen they made sure I had the correct tools and parts to work with. The hardest part would be communication but it was a learning experience. Great work environment.
Very productive
Very hot place to work. Also always busy and plenty of work to do. Management and supervisors were always there when you needed them. Some of trim lines were easy to catch up where I was able to leave my line running to help others.
Learning a new position was exciting
being a button pusher for years was horrifying, i am glad that i was able to move up into a position that was a far more exciting.....................................
Pros
education
Cons
work environment