Orlick Industries Employee Reviews

Flexible and fun
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 May 2018
Management was always very organized. They took care of their employees and as a tradesmen they made sure I had the correct tools and parts to work with. The hardest part would be communication but it was a learning experience. Great work environment.
Work Environment
Production Control Officer/Shipping Receiving (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 April 2018
Liked my co-workers. The plant runs on two shifts for CNC and three for Diecast. Fast paced working environment. Good working environment. Safety a priority.
Very productive
Trim Press Operator, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2018
Very hot place to work. Also always busy and plenty of work to do. Management and supervisors were always there when you needed them. Some of trim lines were easy to catch up where I was able to leave my line running to help others.
Demanding hard grunt work for low pay
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton8 March 2018
Apply here if you; want to put up with bullsh** politics, forced overtime, to have your body take a beating every shift with demanding physical work, accepting low pay, and employee cliques.

RUN! away from this place. I rather scoop up elephant s*** from a circus for most likely more pay and to keep my sanity. Any other job pays more then this scarpshoot of a place.
Pros
Coworkers
Good Culture
System and Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 February 2018
I worked in Orlick for One year and find very comfortable with all aspects there. Got Full benefits, education and training, Volunteer work opportunities, People respect each other at Orlick.
Scott, Heather and Mark was one of my favourite colleagues there.
a good place to start working
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2018
i personally learned a lot from this company from production to time management to quality control
also learned to communicate better in english and learned about other cultures as well
Cons
horrible place if you stay too long
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 December 2017
one of the hardest and most demeaning job I have had, they treat you bad and work you so fast that you will indefinitely hurt yourself working in those conditions with the chance of slipping really high because of the lack of safety resources including tools and gloves. constant wasted energy of garbage parts kinda like life there. I hurt myself and I'm still messed up and Im not happy how they treated me then, very hostile.
Pros
work
Cons
waste of life
Appreciate
Trim Press Melt Room Die Castor Operations (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 November 2017
I wanna give thanks to Orlick Industries. Who has given me a great opportunity to work learn and grow as a worker ana person.
Orlick Industries has given me the opportunity for growth where I've worked in three department alongside good people who"s kindly ready to teach you the job with great guidance and support from supervisors an managers which I have greatfully benefited from.
So my sincere appreciation to Orlick Industries and the wonderful people
Best wishes to all in the future
Blessings
Enjoy the work just not the air
Trim press Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 November 2017
I find it hard to breath sometimes and I deffinety notice the way I feel when I’m off doing other duties and when I’m working at the trim press near the die cast machine in my throat and stomach
Long hard hours
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 October 2017
There was lots of work to do but the hours are very long and demanding. For anyone who has the stamina for this kind of work it can be very rewarded but challenging.
Horrible Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2017
Ruined my back working here. I still suffer from back problems after working here. Regret ever taking a job that is very repetitive. Many illnesses can happen after doing very repetitive work. Be warned. The rates are also too high making the repetitive work even worse on your body. Many of the machine workers are suffering from repetitive type problems. Also the wage is garabage especially in comparison to the abuse put on your body.
Pros
Cons
Will ruin your health
31 December 1969

As with many manufacturing jobs, the machine operator position at Orlick is indeed a physical job that can take some getting used to and is not for everyone. Orlick has implemented anti-fatique matting as well as having jobs reviewed by a professional ergonomist to make the positions as comfortable as possible.

To operate a trim press or CNC machine, there is an element of repetitive reaching to properly position the parts for the operation and then reaching in to remove those same parts once the machines have completed their cycle time.

Based on a third party Physical Demands Analysis of the jobs, employees are required to lift weights between 7 and 15 pounds approximately 15% of the time each shift.

All Orlick employees are provided with an offer of employment before they start working with the company that outlines the wage rate offered for the job, allowing anyone to decline the offer if unsatisfied with the wage.

A Day At Orlick
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2017
A typical day at Orlick Industries would be driving into work, punching in the time card and grabbing a cup of coffee in the lunchroom before the shift actually started. When time came around for people to start work we would walk over to the job board indicating to which area we would be working that day. Once we found out where we were assigned, we would make our way over to that area to begin our job assignments. We would have three breaks; two ten minute breaks and a thirty minute break. At the end of the day we would walk to the locker rooms, put away our work gear and get ready to head home. Then line up at the punch out clock and prepare for our departure.
I learned what it was like to work in a factory like setting and work alongside good people. The Management at Orlick Industries was good for the company in regards to the fact the supervisors were able to get the numbers required from the customers from the employees. Although it proved very difficult at times because the numbers required were what felt impossible.The culture at Orlick Industries in my own opinion was excellent compared to other work settings I have seen before. People got along well with others and it didn't matter what the colour of their skin was or what creed they believed in. The hardest part about working at Orlick Industries was trying to reach the numbers required by the customers. They put pressure on the managers to therefore put pressure on the employees. The most enjoyable part about the job was the people you worked alongside. Everyone got along with everyone, didn't matter about colour,
  more... ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity or age.  less
very old machines
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2017
aluminum die cast production to automotiveindustry. three rotatation shifts, very old work machines, hot and dirty industry
no spare parts for machines.
31 December 1969

As a millwright still with the organization, all comments and assistance in improving the process is welcome and we invite you to speak with your supervisor to pass on your thoughts as a licensed trades person involved in the upkeep of the equipment.

While there are many of our die cast machines that have been in use for some time, there is a program in place that has seen virtually every die cast machine rebuilt over the past five years. In addition, large investments have been made with new equipment including robotics, CNC machines and building upgrades.

As an award winning supplier to the automotive industry, Orlick does run a combination of two and three shift rotations in order to meet the sales requests from our customers. Our manufacturing environment is not an air conditioned building meaning that we are susceptible to the environmental temperatures and it can indeed get hot during the summer heat wave season.

no job security
Trim press operator (Former Employee) –  Parkdale, ON16 August 2017
worked almost 3 months there was given a good review then was let go after the orders were complete 2 days before christmas given no reason. so ya thats about it
good learning experience
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2017
Very rough environment. This is where I learned about getting disruptive workers on line. Our lab was very progressive and had some great co-workers. Direct management showed what can be achieved with honest and sincere effort. I learned a lot about die-casting and machining aluminum in a fast paced manufacturing shop. I was part of a group sent over to open a new division at the time.
Pros
great learning experience all around
Cons
very hot shop in summer ??
No job security
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 June 2017
Don't know what will be next. Benefit still good for now, doesn't not cover pre-existing condition.

Only company hiring in town, very hot in the summer to work in die cast department.
31 December 1969

Orlick is a manufacturer of high pressure aluminum die casting and machining to the automotive industry with Honda as a primary customer. It is exciting to know that virtually every Honda vehicle in North America has at least one part on it produced by Orlick employees.

Automotive manufacturing can be cyclical depending on the overall economies of Canada and the United States, but we have been fortunate not to have experienced any significant reductions to the workforce since 2009 – 2010. Production contracts for automotive production often runs for several years until there is a model change to a vehicle. Orlick has a wide variety of customers and parts with a very solid sales forecast and expectations for increased production requirements for the upcoming years.

As with most manufacturing facilities, our production facilities are not air conditioned and reflect the outside temperatures but the company does offer extra heat breaks and things like Freezies in the hot weather to help deal with the effects of the heat.

Orlick offers a competitive benefits package including prescription medication, vision care, extended health care, dental as well as the full cost for prescription safety glasses and work boots.

My favorite job!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 June 2017
I was the representative to Honda at Orlick. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. I handled everything from New Model Reviews to replacement tracking & destruction of old die casting equipment and temporary packaging requirements.
We had a great production team and a great quality team.
Orlick had some really progressive equipment on site. Very interesting stuff.
Pros
Excellent work experience
Cons
A little old fashioned in their HR attitudes
Good place to get experience
Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON25 May 2017
This is a good place to get experience. It was great that they had thin steel skid crates that were elevated so it took away all of the pressure that could mount on a person's back.
Pretending to be a world class manufacturer
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 May 2017
"Competitive wages"
Starting pay is $12.50 goes up to $13 after ten week probation.

"Growth Opportunities"
New positions are assigned on merit, not seniority. Expect to have a carrot dangled in front of you for years. Unless you're a rat.

"Training"
Monday: you'll get 3 hours for basic safety training so the company can cover themselves if you get injured.
Tuesday: Straight to work. There aren't any real trainers ... just co-workers that are already stressed with production quotas.

The usual from a company that wants to make parts, not careers.
31 December 1969

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Orlick was not as positive as you would have liked.

We do have a number of ‘entry level’ positions, several of which offer more than the rates mentioned, as well as annual performance reviews for increased wages. Orlick supports internal advancement through frequent job postings as well as paying for training or continuing education for those employees wishing to advance their education.

Orlick is proud to be a supplier of choice in the automotive industry, and due to the hard work and efforts from our employees, Orlick has been awarded the Honda Delivery Award for each of the past two years. This is a very difficult award to receive as it recognizes all aspects of production, quality and delivery.

We welcome those interested in working in the fast paced environment of an automotive parts supplier and offer benefits, training, tuition reimbursement, weekly summer BBQ's, an annual summer picnic and a Christmas party for our employees and their families.

its employee reference scammers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2017
its scammer they want want job reference who applying job keep they job available when you applying this company am not recommended applying this company
31 December 1969

unfortunately we are not clear on what your concerns are based on this review.

Orlick does use previous job references as one part of the recruitment process, along with criminal record background checks and a pre-employment medical assessment in addition to the usual interview process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlick Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9