Orion Plastics Inc

Orion Plastics Inc Employee Reviews

Otherwise solid manufacturer with dysfunctional management

The actual job is not especially difficult, what's difficult is the constantly expanding list of tasks to be completed in an ever shrinking volume of time. Pay scale is adequate, but could be higher - the real reason Orion sees such high burnout and employee turnaround has more to do with being chronically understaffed. When a problem arises, management's first question is "who is to blame?" Often the problem analysis ends there. Training is haphazard and word of mouth; new hires are expected to learn 100% of the skills and processes needed while meeting frequently expanding production targets, and this system of tribal knowledge coupled with high turnover means a lot of institutional knowledge has simply been lost. Some of this knowledge is retained by the management team, but spending most of their time in the locked and air-conditioned office does not make them accessible and furthermore, company culture discourages employees from asking for help - if you ask for assistance, management takes this as a sign that you aren't able to do your job. At Orion, the reward for hard work is more hard work. One quickly learns to keep one's head down and avoid drawing attention, lest a manager decide to vent their frustrations in your direction.

28 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We have noted your comments and will investigate as needed.The company has a solid on-boarding and training program - developed by the engineer and help of the experienced staff members. We are proud to share and train with what the team have accomplished over the years.Continuous Improvements and ongoing training is what Orion is proud of to offer to Orion team. Management is always present and open to act upon teams suggestions, questions and concerns.

worst place ever

worst supervision ever. never want to resolve and conflict . always in there office playing on the internet. never around for help. management is always complaining about something. also they always try and get work out of you for free.like shift change you have to stay late until other shift is done there meeting without pay, they use that 44hr rule to get you to come in on weekends for straight pay. minimum standards is how they run there business. before you work here read your rights and minimum labor laws.

Pros

Cons

dishonest unethical management

28 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. The company is aware of the liability, standards and legal responsibilities of working hours for the staff.

Happy Employees = happy customers

good workplace culture, i enjoyed working here for 3 months. Had to move due to kids schooling. I received training - production and safety upon joining the company. good lunch provided for celebration

Pros

good employees helpful good benefits lots of OT available

Cons

very safety focus, very strict on safety

28 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage a healthy environment for our staff and customers.

Good medium size company to work with.

Worked here for over 3 months then had to leave because of kids school. Good friendly environment, good benefits, overtime available. Employee appreciation program by management. Noticed lots of opportunities for growth. Nice company to work. Free coffee provided. Safety lunches. Coveralls provided.

Pros

Safety conscious, employees appreciated, very clean plant

Cons

Very strict safety rules

28 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback and giving us 5 stars.Yes, the company takes safety seriously and is our top priority.

Packer

I was with Orion Plastics for a little over 2 years, left to work in the oil field after a few months I lost my job! I wish I had stayed and learned how to operate the lines better $$. I was asked multiple times if I wanna to learn how to operate the lines.... Lots of overtime, summer BBQ, safety boots, etc. Overall great company to work for!

Pros

Culture, Summer BBQ and some extras

Cons

Sometimes we had to work 12 hours

28 May 2020
Thank you for your positive comments. It was unfortunate you had to leave. You may reach to the hiring manager to consider if there is an opening.

Productive and fun place to work at.

The company is very safety conscious establishment that goes out of their way to provide a safety place to work at. I really learned so much about teamwork working in this company.

28 May 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback. A positive environment is needed to create a desirable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orion Plastics Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement