Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital

Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Management reviews

Canada29 reviews
Great place to work very nice people. Maintenance management and crew are stellar.Some downsides are people who try to justify their existence by sticking their law book in your face the whole time not knowing facts.
Community hospital feel and pace. Management disconnected from front line staff on many issues, with financial considerations put before patient care and safety at times.
Very demanding job, no appreciation from the manager, too many supervisors that are always scolding and monitoring your every move, zero recognition but everyone is always getting written up for the most absolutely absurd reasons like helping a co worker, I was told to focus on my own job instead of helping a co worker that was in distress and crying, for not completing a task that was added on the already huge list, there is no time, less workers, huge overturn and always short staffed but they keep adding things to do when there is already no time to complete the regular job description tasks making the workload overwhelming.
Management is crooked and dishonest. Short cuts taken in every aspect of the hospital and especially in maintemance where work practices seriously jeopardize the health and safety of all patients and visitors. Management up to the highest levels in charge know and ignore these issues and conspire to cover for each other. Maintenance management should be fired AND thrown in jail!
I am proud to say I work at OSMH but it has it's faults. There is a lot of cuts to frontline workers yet many middle management positions that seem redundant. They are very strict about absenteeism. We are constantly short people because the hospital doesn't have enough money to pay for overtime. Most of the staff is great but some people didn't make the right career choice and it shows.
Overall a decent atmosphere, some things could be fixed but most people are super friendly and make work a lovely place to be.
Pros
Friendly staff, good location, good pay
Cons
A little overworked, top heavy management
Got to work with various different platforms and technologies, learned a lot.
Also great work environment, helpful co-workers.
Improved time management skills.
these registered staff go far and above for their patients. often short staffed, they still strive to give all they can and always go the extra mile. majority of management support staff and empathize the role and nursing shortage can be stressful
The team culture is very very solid. We would go out every week and have a great time at lunch. Job requirements were fair and all upper management were amazing people. Highly recommend!
The Hospital is understaffed. Hours are long with the acuity increasing in severity with no help from management or staffing. Low morale at times. More help from the government would be helpful.
Positive engaging small-town hospital void of the many beurocratic policies and procedures that so often entrench forward thinking in bigger centres. Have an idea? Bring it forward - affecting change is but a few and productive policy development strategies away - how engaging to the front line workers!
Wonderful environment!

If you're looking for a place to dig your heels in and develop your ideas and be a part of a forward thinking (and moving) team - come aboard! You will not be disappointed.

I almost forgot to mention, everyone smiles. Everyone.
The CEO is present and engaged, as is everyone else. It's delightful!
Pros
Environment, team
Cons
Limited career development opportunities - small centre
Arriving at work on a day shift, it is 5:30 am, completing shift change with previous guard. Than heading out starting the day and not knowing what calls could come across the radio for you to respond to. The co-workers that rotate shifts are great, and can always rely on them for back-up. My management are great and understanding. I would say the hardest part of my job is when certain situations arise that deal with the death of a person. And I have always enjoyed my job, where I feel totally satisfied when I can assist people when needed and they are happy with the outcome.
Pros
fantastic supervisors
Cons
shift work, and working outside in all weather conditions