Orgaworld Canada Employee Reviews

low pay, bad management,no advancement but had decent benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2016
Its all said in the title, underpaid over worked staff is bitter and environment is less than desirable .2 weeks vacation until 6 years, 1.25 % annual increases.

Owned by overseas entity
Pros
benefit program
Cons
hot, smelly, dark, dangerous
Productive busy place to work alway something to do or clean.
Front-end Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 November 2015
I learnt how to compost organic waste and the quality it should be.
My typical day there was a straight midnight shift that included loader inspection and service before beginning to shredding organic waste, mixing it other organic material and fill a tunnel so it could be pasteurized and break down before being screened, trouble shot any issues we had with equipment and try to fix them before calling management as there was only 2 of us midnights, which also meant we always had something to do if the work was done we would clean or wash the equipment or floors.

The management in there was great easy to talk to or leave notes for if we ever had any issues, the hardest part of the job would be the smell of organic waste breaking down.

The most enjoy part of working there was the knowledge I received as the employee Health and Safety Representative and the people I met and worked with.
Pros
the people, you could have the worst job anywhere and the people you work with can make it best
Cons
the smell
Daily routine
Administrator/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, On11 March 2015
Scaled in city trucks with organic waste. Entered daily stats, searched bids and tenders, scada for the temperatures within the facility. Ordered parts when needed. Sold SSO to farmers.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Hours