Organic Garage

Organic Garage Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews

Easy job - not easy to keep

Managers are overworked, hr has no idea what they are doing, and they are almost always completely understaffed. The employees are super nice and fun to work with, but no one stays

Overworked/underpaid.

If you're desperate for a job then apply. It's poorly run and micromanaged, no matter what you do it will never be good enough for the "hands on" CEO.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, awful working conditions.

Just don’t do it

The worst place I’ve ever worked at. It’s sad to say this place will go down under. Upper management is the absolute worst. HR is full of it and don’t know how to do their jobs. Employees are underpaid and unappreciated. The pay is chum change for the work they expect you to do. Just look for a job elsewhere

Pros

Co workers are great

Cons

Owner is horrible

Save your time

I worked here for not too long and I grew to dislike working here. They expect so much out of you and have super strange procedures that no other grocery store has. I was a part timer and I expected to be working 20-25 hours a week and at times I'd be working 35. They only have an assistant manager and they attempted to hire a manger but he only lasted two days because the stores procedures didn't make sense. I saw over 5 people leave the produce department in the span of 5 months but there was definitely over 10 people that had left the store in general. Management isn’t to bad but upper management like HR is unfair. The store was always in shambles and the lack of coordination Throughout the store at all times was sad to watch.

Pros

Most coworkers were chill just not reliable

Cons

The owner of the store makes little to no connection with employees, you get no discount on anything in store

They work you until you can’t work any longer

This company has amazing ideas, products and visions but they can barely take care of their own employees. Employees are you biggest customers and were treated as if they were disposable and over worked. I was a grocery manager for this company and I have never worked at a place that thinks so little of people. I worked 60 hours a week on salary and had barely any staff to back me up. I never got the time off I requested even though you are given vacation time. Meanwhile HR took 6 vacations in 2020. I was told I was an asset to the company and yet they still took advantage of me, my skill set and work ethic. They keep people and hire people who have no business being managers and make the other manager train them and deal with them being late, not showing up and not doing their job.I was disappointed to leave but they refuse to change the way they treat people.

Pros

Benefits, vacation and salary for manager

Cons

Over worked, underpaid

Just Don't.Save your nerves and dignity and avoid this place like the plague. Your mental health is not with it, unless you like to be treated like a disposable napkin.

Pros

Some of the co-workers are cool

Cons

Everything else

Made Me Consider Switching Industries

I've been in the grocery industry for a decade. Working at OG made me consider a complete career change.Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. Its like an Orwellian hellscape that leaves you questioning your sanity.

Pros

Literally none

Cons

Having to work there till you get a new job

Waste of time

Easy job made difficult. Your micromanaged every step of the way always understaffed. No motivation to do better. Constantly given extra responsibilities and if you dont do them your scolded for it. Almost all communication is done via email when a phone call would clear everything up in seconds.

Pros

No uniform

Cons

Head office

Laughable

Don’t bother, it truly won’t matter how much hope you have or the great work ethic you have. In fact having a great work ethic is a detriment to yourself because they will overwork you with little to no help until you completely run out of energy and will power. This company chooses to protect its money and “status” than actually upholding its values and supporting the employees. So if you like getting whipped and beaten down the by all means go ahead

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Everything Else

This place sucks..do NOT work here

The owner picks on multiple employees and managers within his stores. Both the owner and the HR rep are very misogynistic ....they purposely set you up to fail. No guidance from managers. I was constantly targetted by female managers saying that people find them intimidating and not to mess with them because they have to nuch sway in the company.

Garbage Garage

You’ll fit in great if you’re a heavy smoking white man, otherwise you’re alone. The grocery manager is lenient, then will get mad at you if you’re slow. He pleasures himself in the bathroom, and hides in the managers office at most times. The company doesn’t care about you and is really cheap. No discount no benefits. Will hire you as part time but give you 40+ hours a week. Time moves slowly, but work is hard. Best job is as cashier. Very few BIPOC. Looks elsewhere for work unless your desperate.

Pros

Fast hire

Cons

Save yourself don’t work here

Management doesn’t care about employees. You can tell they only care about money. Customers are extremely rude for some odd reason they complain about everything and feel so entitled. Don’t waste your time here please. I worked for them during Covid-19 and got fired near the end when things were starting to go back to normal for not wearing my mask “properly”.

Pros

Co workers are nice

Cons

Everything else

good

good work for temporary situation would work there again so great to be working with great people breaks were generous, bonuses were great but minimal

Terrible

never work here trust me. so boring, place is so old and nasty, literally no one works there, so unorganized, slow pace, time goes by so slow, no benefits, NO.

Not great long term

Micromanagement. Lots of it. Co-workers are good. Management sucks. Stressful. Fair compensation. No room for advancement however. Lots of minute and unnecessary rules. Corporate culture is lacking and everyone wants to go home as soon as possible. Company expects loyalty without reward. Good for getting experience or if you need money. Wouldn't recommend working here to people I know.

not fun

the owners have no idea whats going on and the management is mean. It's an easy job to get if you need one to just hold you over till something better comes around.

Pretty chill environment

Not stress at all. Pretty chilled out place of work. Management was super good. But they might not have much hours to give you because its a pretty slow grocery store. But overall not bad.

Decent for entry level experience, but that’s about it.

Lacks real leadership from the top-down, underpays for 42 hours/week (no more, no less), isolating environment with no corporate culture, like to micromanage. If you need entry level experience right out of school than it’s alright, but there’s not much growth beyond that. Even if there was, you’d probably become more miserable anyway.

Worst job ive ever had

It doesnt matter how hard you work or how available you are, you're not going to get the hours you want. By far the least accommodating job I've ever had. Coworkers are great, management is terrible. The store is filthy and falling apart. Everyone is always new because they quit so fast. I think we went through 7 people in my department in one summer because they hated the job. Lots of gossip from managers. Managers. Not teenager employes, 40 year old grown adults. Dont work here, you can do better.

dont bother

Upper management and owner doesnt care about you or their store, just care about making money. No quality assurance, dont know how to run a store, nothing they do makes any sense, and constantly trying to make changes and department "standards" stricter while only making everything worse. The job itself is easy and your co-workers are all fun to talk to and be around, but those are the only benefits of the job. Its minimum wage for a job where they expect so much from you OF THE WRONG THING which is the funny part. Theres a reason all the reviews are so low

Pros

fun coworkers

Cons

everything else

Great employees, great management, terrible head office

The job is not difficult. Management and employees are a blust to work with. The problems with that company is the owners. They are not nice people. They talk at you and not to you. They act like ur property not a person. I rather go to a food bank and a shelter rather then work for those people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Organic Garage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1