Organic Garage

Organic Garage Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
good
good work for temporary situation would work there again so great to be working with great people breaks were generous, bonuses were great but minimal
Terrible
never work here trust me. so boring, place is so old and nasty, literally no one works there, so unorganized, slow pace, time goes by so slow, no benefits, NO.
Not great long term
Micromanagement. Lots of it.
Co-workers are good. Management sucks.

Stressful. Fair compensation. No room for advancement however. Lots of minute and unnecessary rules.

Corporate culture is lacking and everyone wants to go home as soon as possible.

Company expects loyalty without reward.

Good for getting experience or if you need money. Wouldn't recommend working here to people I know.
Entitled Corporate & Long-Term Management/Associate's
As a former Manager I've never worked with such an entitled Department Management team and owner. You're expected to abide within the precedent set by "Senior" Managers however the only thing senior about them is their senility. They have to learn that if they want to play with the big boys they need to step up and make dramatic changes which also includes the opinions of everyone regardless of position and longevity with Organic Garage.
not fun
the owners have no idea whats going on and the management is mean. It's an easy job to get if you need one to just hold you over till something better comes around.
Pretty chill environment
Not stress at all. Pretty chilled out place of work. Management was super good. But they might not have much hours to give you because its a pretty slow grocery store. But overall not bad.
Decent for entry level experience, but that’s about it.
Lacks real leadership from the top-down, underpays for 42 hours/week (no more, no less), isolating environment with no corporate culture, like to micromanage. If you need entry level experience right out of school than it’s alright, but there’s not much growth beyond that. Even if there was, you’d probably become more miserable anyway.
Worst job ive ever had
It doesnt matter how hard you work or how available you are, you're not going to get the hours you want. By far the least accommodating job I've ever had. Coworkers are great, management is terrible. The store is filthy and falling apart. Everyone is always new because they quit so fast. I think we went through 7 people in my department in one summer because they hated the job. Lots of gossip from managers. Managers. Not teenager employes, 40 year old grown adults. Dont work here, you can do better.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Organic Garage?
dont bother
Upper management and owner doesnt care about you or their store, just care about making money. No quality assurance, dont know how to run a store, nothing they do makes any sense, and constantly trying to make changes and department "standards" stricter while only making everything worse.

The job itself is easy and your co-workers are all fun to talk to and be around, but those are the only benefits of the job. Its minimum wage for a job where they expect so much from you OF THE WRONG THING which is the funny part.

Theres a reason all the reviews are so low
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
everything else
Great employees, great management, terrible head office
The job is not difficult. Management and employees are a blust to work with. The problems with that company is the owners. They are not nice people. They talk at you and not to you. They act like ur property not a person. I rather go to a food bank and a shelter rather then work for those people.
Worse place to work at
this place is awful, there is no communication between the managers and the hr. They treat their employees with no respect. I have requested to get a day off because I have final exams, they replied that it is not possible which is totally okay but then when I showed up they told me someone is covering your shift
Stressful
The owner is not very nice to his employees and is cheap. Not worth working at with the amount of money you make. People you work with make the day go faster.
good/bad
Its good and bad, sometimes i like working there, sometimes I dont. The people there are pretty nice, the managers are pretty nice too. But HR is a mess
mismanaged environment
Management including head office were horrible. Customers were lovely but cashiers were gossipy and told we had to earn our hours. Didn;t like how they mistreated certain people of colour and people of a certain religion. Hostile to their own workers depending on their mood for absolutely no reason.
nice people, no hours
poor management and no hours. very overstaffed but nice people and a welcoming environment. there is a high turnover and they expect people to leave so they start giving them less and less hours and hiring new people...
Pros
chill
Cons
no hours, bad management
Unprofessional, terrible management
The owner is a terrible person, horrible to work for. He micromanages and makes you do jobs that waste your time, and gets mad when your actual job doesn’t get done because you ran out of time. Gets mad when you stay too late to finish said job. Catch 22. They also CONSTANTLY watch you on cameras. It’s literally someone’s job to watch the cameras.
Very micromanaged.
Negative work culture. Too much micromanagement with no opportunity of growth or development. HR is very ineffective. Owners and Head Office do not respect store staff. Too understaffed and no flexibility.

Some employees are enjoyable to work with.
Horrible place to work
There are a lot of jobs out there and it didn't take me long to find one once i started looking again. Bad work culture and horribly managed. Don't work here, you will regret it.
Cons
Poorly managed, horrible work culture
Energetic workplace, friendly co-workers, thorough training, opportunities for advancement
Excellent place to work. The company is very well organized and the staff moral was always very high. I always felt that my work was appreciated and I was always encouraged to strive to do the best that I could. I would highly recommend working for Organic Garage. It is a fantastic company
Pros
Friendly environment, encouraging management, good benefits
Cons
Amount of hours
Was a great place to work, awesome working enviroment.
Enjoyed working here lots, very friendly co-workers and nice customers. Great working hours and flexibility. Loved the products that they carried and sold (all organic).
Pros
great hours
Cons
management wasn't grear
Decent Job - Just don't expect loyalty.
The job itself isn't difficult, nor is it really all that bad, but the problem with Organic Garage is the lack of loyalty to ALL their staff. They blindly trust managers, while similtaneously giving them no real control over staff. They have questionable policies in regards to handling situations, and more so, they don't care about promoting fro within.