OraSure Technologies Employee Reviews

Too many chiefs, not enough indians
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA18 October 2018
Company did not foster any kind of employee growth....You were dinged for minor stuff all the time. Employee moral things were cut out too. Controller was too erratic
Cons
Controller
It is great so far
Information Systems Specialist - Contract (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA21 May 2018
Got to learn alot in this new company and the team is very helpful. The hardest part is finding out the issues when you are still learning the processes but the thrill of researching and solving the issues is great. The best part is how helpful and knowledgeable the staff is and you are not stuck when you need assistance.
Good company to work for
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA26 December 2017
Very nice work environment, some misunderstandings but overall good people. Some at the top were not aware of the some not understanding the law and lost good people.
Productive and challenging.
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA4 December 2017
I enjoyed my time at OraSure. I was on the 2nd shift production line assembling medical devices in a clean room environment. I found my time there to be both rewarding and challenging. Unfortunately they were unable to secure an anticipated contract and the entire production line was laid off due to lack of work.
Not a Nice Place
Working Class Idiot (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA21 August 2017
A typical day at work would having to kiss butt. You try to do your best, but its not good enough. The backstabbing is constant. Supervisors are racist.
n/a
Machine Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA3 August 2017
Excellent work, excellent supervisor, beautiful facility, great teamwork, not good growth opportunities, great location. Just wish we had the opportunity.
Great job, but management isn't truthful
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA23 June 2017
Loved the job and my fellow associates, but management was lacking on many levels and some people are major backstab to advance themselves. The CEO was an amazing man. Just wish the management was better
Pros
3 days weekends
Cons
Good company with excellent product portfoliio
Western Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CA4 April 2017
Company is a player in HIV Point of Care Diagnostic Testing
- invest $$ in Marketing to help sales teams grow their business Units
- Good Training Program
- Management Team, strong
Pros
Strong company in marketplace
Cons
High Turnover with Reps and Management
Plenty of other good opportunities to explore!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA20 October 2016
I worked there for many years before deciding I had to finally make the decision to pursue another position. So happy that I did! I did enjoy my co-workers but the management there is mediocre at best and very out of touch with younger and diverse employees. The company is run by an executive group that should be retired by now. It's unfortunate because a company like this could be so dynamic and really make an impact!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, company policies, compensation
Enjoyable, interactive environment to work in
R&D Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA16 April 2014
Much of my day was spent in the lab running experiments and discussing experiments with other co-workers. I also spent time editing and revising new SOPs.
Delusional employees/Terrible management
Formulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA9 April 2014
Terrible training from delusional employees. I was allowed 2 whole days to read 100 documents before I was thrown into the lab with another technician, whom wasn't fully trained. I had to constantly point out the lack of following basic rules, training, forging of batch records, etc. Forget asking relevant questions because the department manager is just as clueless. These employees think they're working in some type of fantasy lab where they "make" the rules and where rules don't always apply. You also can't ask your coworkers for help, even during your 'training period,' because then you're not working fast enough and will get harassed about 'working on your speed.'
Pros
Cons
Coworkers. Management. HR. TERRIBLE TRAINING. Lies. Lazy employees.
Poor quality workplace
Manufacturing/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA23 May 2013
Small company with good values, gone bad when it got bigger. Focus left customers and went to profit. Customer service fell off and ironically profits did as well. Key players brought in to grow the business had zero people management skills and destroyed the morale of the employees. Company is still struggling. Sad story that could have had such a different outcome.
productive work place
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA6 May 2013
fast paced. Learned something new daily. Interacted with many departments
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
company layoffs
productive work place
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA6 May 2013
Fast paced. Learned something new daily. Interacted with many department within the company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
company layoffs
Good place but bad job security
Research and Development - Contractor Scientist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA10 August 2012
Typical day consists of working in the lab. You do learn alot especailly different types od instruments. Managment is pleasant but no room for growth. I am a temp currently and will be here for a year in October. I need a permanent job. Co-workers for the most part are friendly and outgoing but one specific co-worker is very difficult to work with.
No hard parts to the job but is an enjoyable place if there was hope for job security.