Oracle Employee Review

A start-up company with boots
Director within Worldwide Support (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CA29 May 2013
There was no such thing as a typical day at Oracle. It was an adventure for the first nine years of the eleven I worked out of headquarters in Redwood Shores. I worked within the Support Organization with some of the brightest and finest people I have ever known.

The challenges were unending and worthy of time and attention. There was ample access and budget to get technical and product training. It was a fantastic environment for skilled technical people who are motivated and outgoing.

Management philosophies varied, but, organizational barriers were mostly bridged by dedicated people working in cross organizational teams to best implement product and operational quality programs.

I do recall that upper management changes were more frequent after 2001 as the M&A increased and redundancy in upper management motivated some "house cleaning". It's a cultural thing. The day to day work seemed to be driven by a living fabric underlying the formal organizational boundaries.

I still have many friends at Oracle (both in headquarters and in the field around the world) and I believe it is a fantastic place for qualified, aggressive, and dedicated people. As far as I am concerned, all roads to and from Oracle are paved in gold.

Of course, I haven't any first hand knowledge in seven years so this was likely outdated opinion the week I left the company. ;^)
Pros
Fast paced. Dynamic. Money maker.
Cons
If you need a life, structure and security, do not apply.

Other Oracle Employee Reviews

Travail a l'americaine
CLOUD PLATFORM REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Luxembourg21 May 2018
En tant que sales rep. Chaque journee est dedie a trouver des projets chez nos clients respectifs et a closer un maximum de deals. Le management est tres aggresif dans la gestion du pipeline et exige des closing reguliers.
Pros
Qualite de l'offre
Cons
Push pour signer des deals
Overall Company's review
I.T. Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 May 2018
Oracle is one of the top fortune 100 companies to for. They are the leaders and pioneers when it comes to the database management systems. Management and workplace culture are outstanding.
Its a great organization to work for.
Pros
You learn and learn and grow with the company
Cons
i don't have anything to mention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K