Oracle
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Oracle Employee Reviews

Canada94 reviews
Relaxed workplace with defined roles
As a product-based company, there are no hard timelines around project/task delivery. I worked on supplier management to build a visibility pipeline. the management gave me a free-hand in wading through this ambiguous environment.
Pros
Benefits, On-site fitness classes
Cons
Slow-moving projects
Good
Great place to work at, people are responsible and work hard. Autonomous work place. If you have drive and passion to grow then oracle presents you with the opportunity.
Great company to work.
I had a great time working in the company. The management was great. Very supportive and understanding. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
Nice place to work, pays well
Good place to work. Management is generally helpful. The company pays well. Work / life balance in Sales could be better. High stress environment. You earn what you put in.
Good experience
good company overall, however, all your expectations , the high ones are not going to be met. There's limit to what you can do, even if you want to learn further, it is just impossible because everyday you're engrossed with quite a number of SRs
Great company
Oracle is a good company to work at, it offers good work-life balance and a pleasant workplace. Oracle offers lot of opportunities to learn and get trainings and certifications.
Work from Home
Provides good flexibility and good benefits, Work from home option is available (depending on management approval and type of work). Hours are flexible as long as you finish your task on time.
Big brand name with little opportunity for growth
I would have stayed longer if they would have provided a solid career path and more opportunities for career advancement. Work-life balance is the greatest plus
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oracle?
Uncertain environment
The environment was not stable different Managers making multiple decisions not sure of their business decisions and strategy, so much uncertainty with several employee lay offs and people leaving to other companies.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Layoff
Lots of opportunities to learn
I joined Oracle when they were looking for someone with Avaya Telephone experience for their Call Center.
Being interested and having the time, I showed interest in Desktop support. I was keen and interested in working with new laptops and configuring them for new hires. Management then allowed me to be the onsite tech support for the hub of which consisted of over 100 sales reps.

If there was an issue that I could not resolve, there was always our Global IT group to turn to for assistance.

Being in the IT group allowed me to travel to Oracle's other hubs in the US during their Class Of Program when my assistance was required.

I was considered one of the techs wearing two hats, Telephony & Desktop Support.
Hard, but fair
Quotas are tough to hit, but fair. Nothing is easy at Oracle, you determine how much you make by how hard you work. What are you doing for me today? They do not allow you to rest on your laurels after closing a big deal. First goal is to reach quota, then to get into accelerators.
Good employer
They treat their employees Well. Solid name to have on your cv. Pay is a bit low unfortunately. It is a good place to start working then move on, but you can equally work a lifetime ar Oracle
Great Company to work for.
Enjoyed my time while working there. The "last in, first out" caught me. Very competitive place to work at. Standard politics of a large company sneaks its way in the higher up u go in these global companies. No surprise. During my short period of time I was there, I was able to produce $85K+ in commissions in the first full quarter, so people who intend to work hard, this is the ideal place to land a position.You will be well treated and well paid.
Results focused large organization
I was allowed to work predominantly from home. When I was in the office or in for a team lunch the atmosphere was up-beat. The people were great. Compensation package was good.
Really enjoyed working there. Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to work on technical challenges. Would recommend anyone to work there. Great team.
Well run operation
Well run operation but financial compensation is very low. Not a lot of growth opportunity for entry level employees. Low turn over rate with most employees.
Short term Revenue is bottom line
The product itself is great but arrogance and drive for the last dollar from the client is the driving force. While i was there many of the managers had a military background.
good place to work
a good place to work although very stuff sometimes.
shorts deadlines to build an architect proposal and diverse business unit with different sales achievements
Amazing Place to work
Oracle is a multinational Company that allows you enjoy the effect of being around the world and experiencing different cultures and interacting with great minded colleagues.

A DIY company so don't expect to be pampered.
compnay needs a complete cultural shift
Need to change in culture and needs to be customer centric. Oracle missed the boat on cloud and loosing to competition. I have learned that the management
Ok place to work
It's an ok place to work.
Peers are knowledgeable. Good work life balance

Like any big corporation you need to be self driven to make most of your tenure.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Slow growth