OPW, a Dover Company Employee Reviews

Terrible
Glass Prep (Fiberlite) (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC23 April 2019
Would not work there unless you REALLY needed a job. Can't never get in touch with HR. They forever taking the little money you do get work you like a dog. Every break had to go to my car just to use the phone.
Pros
can play music
Was good at first.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elkins, AR15 April 2019
We would get called the day before to work. Didn't get a raise in 2 years. We did everything from singing houses to painting Tyson plants. Drove to Mardi tx to broken bow ok.
Nice job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH22 February 2019
I only worked there as a temporary employee. I would have stayed but the company decided to move to North Carolina and 90 % of the employees lost their jobs. People who were there for 20+ years lost everything.
Horrible place to work
Welding (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OH4 February 2019
Poor management. Very dishonest will tell you whatever you want to hear at the moment to get you to leave them alone but you'll never see the results. When I started they told everyone who was hired we would have two weeks paid vacation day 1 witch was a lie we were given two days. Didn't find out until people took vacation and weren't paid for it. They promise training that will never happen. Raises that don't happen. Maintenance is probably the worst department ive ever seen. Most of the equipment in the weld shop is broken or poorly maintained and when it's not working it's up to you to fix with no assistance from maintenance. When asked why something you need to do your job is not working yet they just say their "waiting on parts" if you like doing poor quality work and being able to come to work and be lazy all day you'll be fine but if you take pride in your job do not work here or I'm afraid you'll loose your mind. It's very mind numbing. Quality of parts produced is horrible because management picks favorites to listen to that don't know what their doing. You can't try to tell them any way other than the way they think it should be done even if it's obviously not working properly.
Hamilton is second to none and I wouldn't be surprised if the plant is moved again or shut down within 5 years.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Horrible place to work. Extreme hours mandatory.. management is a joke.
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC28 January 2019
Managed through cells not by managers that know what the job consist of. One mananger manages above ground one below ground. Purchasing, Quality,engineering, cell supervisors fall under the same management. Manager only wants products out the door. No care nor understanding of any of the actual jobs to make it happen. How can you manage purchasing or other jobs when you have no understanding of The MRP nor purchasing ,QA or how other jobs work.
In 28 years I've never worked for a manager that knew absolutely nothing about my field that I've been employed in most of my life but was responsible for it.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Poor management
fibrelite
Fibrelite molder (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC6 November 2018
It is a pleasant environment to work, you learn a lot and the company is interested in everything being handled with a lot of security and quality.
OPW has very poor management skills and rules that do not apply to everyone.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NC23 October 2018
punch in by 6:00 the hard part of the job was having the parts to work with ran out alot. The best part of working at OPW was meeting some good people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Managment
Probe Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, IL30 July 2018
Good environment, would assemble fuel probes but at your own pace. work culture was great with friendly people including management. Company will reward employees if work was met before schedule.
Pros
Company would pay for lunch.
Cons
Overtime was mandatory
i havent worked there for years
System assembler and tester (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, IL9 July 2018
this company was in a transition when i worked there. this review may be a bit unfair. also it was over ten years ago. when i was there the new management cut a lot of supervisors and mid managers
Friendly co-workers and pretty good benefits
Level II Molder (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NC20 May 2018
Management is usually good to work with. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. They care about safety above all else; however, production needs can cut into personal time.
Pros
pretty good health, dental, and vision plans; okay starting pay
Cons
short breaks, small raises, not too much room for advancement if you have no degree, MANDATORY overtime
Very good place.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OH21 April 2018
Working there at OPW was awesome. I went there through Iforce agency in Ohio and later OPW hire and gave me award. I was so happy because that was my first award. Management and stafff are kind and helpful. I never regret working at OPW as assembly line work. It was fun to work there.
Great products, great team to work with.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, IL13 April 2018
The company offers a niche service/product, customer service is top notch. It is always a challenge to keep high quality while trying to cut costs. Legacy products are great, stagnant updating software or coming up with new products.
Good communication and accomplishing tasks in a healthy safe manner.
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Cork2 March 2018
A typical day at work is making sure paths are accessible and safe Management Delegated tasks to be carried out and were carried in a safe manner. There was good productivity amongst staff and I learned how to communicate with other staff members and management. The toughest part of the job was the time keeping and the most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring the general public had a safe and enjoyable day.
Pros
Work Clothing
Cons
Travelling
Current processes make this a very stressful place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OH11 February 2018
Instead of fixing the issues within the current environment, job duties get shuffled around. Those who are willing to work to take care of the customer will be over used and stressed out. Suggestions from the lower tiers to make things better are ignored by upper management.
Pros
Free lunch or treat monthly, safe and clean work spaces, good compensation
Cons
Upper management does not listen, not enough people to do the job
Cut throat. A lot of hours expected. Saturday and Sunday
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OH30 January 2018
If your a welder be able to work 7 days a week 12 hrs thru the week and 8 Saturday and Sunday. Very demanding. Poor supervision. Marine type over your shoulder. Assembly a lot of paperwork and everything is always changing as well as management
Pros
A lot of overtime if you want it. Decent pay
Cons
Hard to advance. Someone always on your case. No ac
Nice place to work
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OH27 January 2018
Good people , Good Job , Team work to meet customer requirements. Management needs improvement due to losing key personnel . Decent benefits package .
Pros
Fair
Cons
Hr
Surprisingly high tech, Friendly social work environment
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, IL10 January 2018
A very can-do environment. Changed from a very good people-oriented to a strict sales-oriented CEO during a downturn who put the blame on Engineering, damaging company morale. But Engineering management was top notch.
Pros
A very can-do environment.
Cons
Had an Engineering layoff early 2008.
Fast paced kitchen
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR12 December 2017
fast paced line cooking. high foot traffic. daily prep. cash handling. standing 8+hours. no breaks. in cafeteria setting. no benefits. unsafe location within city.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no breaks. in cafeteria setting. no benefits. unsafe location within city.
na
Materials Management-Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OH11 December 2017
This is not applicable. I will not submit a review for this position. I feel as though I do not have anything else to say about the role since I already completed the guidelines before this.
Very Poor Management
Inside Sales Specialist & Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH7 December 2017
Avoid at all costs. Pay is healthy but still not enough to compensate for dealing with incredibly poor management and coddled customers. Overall morale is depressing and everyone in the company places blame on someone else. Toxic environment to work in.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else