Optiv

Optiv Employee Reviews

Great Company . Work with many very talented individuals. We are a premier VAR in the Cyber Security industry. They break Cyber down into five silos to focus on the challenges at hand and solve their customers problems
Great place to work. Positions ranging from entry to senior.
Management treat subordinates like adults, expecting work to be done but giving space for it to be done, only stepping in if assistance or critique is required.
I worked for Optiv for 7 years (Fishnet Security before it became Optiv). I saw the company grow from a mom and pop security shop to a large organization with tons more client load. Great place to work!
Working in a customer facing role, Optiv provided a fast-paced, dynamic environment with all of the flexibility needed. With a massive variety of customer experiences, ongoing training opportunities it is a fantastic environment.
Mostly nice. My manager was great, I hear others kinda suck. Good benefits and remote work is cool. Client managers are idiots and nobody respects the Client operations role.
There are some good and smart people at Optiv but sadly it is horribly run and for a cyber security company they are completely unethical. You can work your entire quarter, wait 6 weeks after quarter ends for your comp check and if they let you go in that 6 week time frame they won't pay you your comp even though you worked the entire quarter. They do this a lot. In the Northeast the turnover rate is insane and the management in New England is a joke. Do yourself a favor and work for a more ethical company, and for that matter do business with one.
If you know your stuff, Optiv is a great place to work!

Consultants can work remotely most of the time!

The pay is good, and there are lots of opportunities to learn new skills.
Good opportunity to gain and grow in the world of cyber security. You have the access to lot of free training like Splunk, IBM. This company would have been great if they had more opportunities to move up in the company. All in all, good environment to work in but could have paid their employees more for the work they put it.
I had very few positive experiences while at Optiv. The organization was going through a significant period of change at the time. Optiv was trying to rebrand themselves as a Global Systems Integrator when in reality they are a Value Added Reseller who resells vendors hardware and software.
Flexible scheduling. However, workplace culture is almost non-existent. Even several years after the merger of two companies, things are still very much divided with each side wanting their own way. Way to many people in management, and seniority plays a big part in people keeping jobs that they should no longer be in.
I enjoyed my work before the acquisition of my previous company but in my opinion, they grew too fast without enough preparation. The culture changed dramatically and more and more was piled on top of the inside sales operations team. Little training or support; it was mostly just job aids and a call here and there. It got worse after they were not hitting their numbers. I worked at least 40+ hours a week and often time after hours at critical times, like month end or quarter end. I learned a lot about inside sales, CMR, and reporting tools. I truly enjoyed working with my sales reps, customers, vendors, and internal teams. I developed lasting relationships with peers and customers that I will always value.
I really enjoyed my time at Optiv. It was a lot of work, but it was a fun and positive environment. There were definitely issues and it was no walk in the park.

The opportunities at Optiv were amazing. There was never a shortage of project to work on, and things to learn. You definitely had to be a bit of a self-starter or independent type to make it though. In a remote role, you really do have to do the extra work of finding others in the company, discovering the policies and capabilities, and connecting as much as possible.

I had to take some time without as much travel for some family commitments, otherwise, I'd probably still be working there. There was also alot of uncertainty with the management by the venture capitalists where it was clear that the return for investors was far more important than keeping the employees happy. This created several negative experiences during my time there, which was a large part of my decision to leave.
Good company but, is still transitioning from a "start-up" to a "corporate" mindset. Very worker friendly but, compensation package for non-sales roles are not as lucrative as in other companies
No feedback from management and continually changing priorities make this a terrible place to spend 10 hours a day. Work life balance non-existent. Feeling of desperation is palpable here. No excuse for mistakes. That pretty much sums them up.

Thursday afternoon "happy hours" not enough to keep top talent. Mediocre benefits plan. Take a pass on this company and don't second-guess yourself.
Optiv is undergoing a massive transformation internally. This is creating a little uncertainty and some frustration. Despite that, there is a lot to gain from a role at Optiv. Everyday you are exposed to some of the brightest professionals in the industry who are open and willing to share their knowledge.
Would not recommend. Management and culture continue to spiral out of control. This company needs new upper management to have a chance to turn around.
Optiv Security is a good company in transition. Consultants are mostly top notch. Very little corporate level support for the NY/NJ region. Possible good opportunity depending on career stage and path.
In three+ years, our team experienced 3 leadership (executive) changes, the last being someone who had zero Info Sec/Cyber experience. The one prior had an obvious drinking problem, ordering and doing "shots" at hotel bar during Conference in evening hours. Staff was found passed out on lobby sofa's; some arranged hire of their college-age kids with zero experience and boohoo'd when the organizational changes came along, thus saving their family members while true, experienced professionals were let go. In all the years across all management, not ONCE did I receive a review. Wait, does a 13 minute call count?
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
Inconsistent leadership doesn't listen or value employees, Project loads are very high/pay low end, Everyone for themselves, Constant disrespect and aggression, low accountability; professionals leave.
Excellent team environment and collaboration with other Optiv teams.
Management is extremely supportive and cross training is recognized and as a company.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
poor benefits
The culture at Optiv is surprisingly toxic. I have worked at some large firms and have never seen this level of cronyism, unprofessional and toxic behavior. The majority of my coworkers were great people but Optiv seems to let the worst personalities of corporate culture fester. Things that would normally get a person terminated seem to go unnoticed/unregulated at Optiv. In my opinion it is at the level where Optiv should consider its own liability.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, remote work
Cons
toxic culture, low pay, poor medical benefits
The company never seems to stop changing internal processes and procedures, making it very difficult to get into a rhythm. The overall work environment is okay but there's too much inconsistency.
Pros
Remote work, co-workers, flexibility, healthcare, etc.
Cons
Perpetual change, lack of communication, churn, etc.